N-Europe

The Media. Bastards?

Kirkatronics

The media are to blame for a lot of things, they should be some sort of governing body for it.

I believe it was the media that caused mass panic about the recession, scaring people, ultimatly making the recession deeper.

A governing body for media... sounds... very scary!

A governing body for media... sounds... very scary!

very orwelian if you ask me.

though it is true that the media drum up fear in everything.

"10 billion peados enter uk illegally!"

"gordon brown reaks into your house at night and drinks you tea!"

"swearing on telivision makes teens stab each outher!"

it all seems to say "your fucked, no matter what happens your going to get cancer and lose all you money and your kids will be raped and/or killed"

the media, a cheery bunch

They blow things up, and they are always very biased towards what they think will grab the attention.

They distort the truth, and i think its unprofesional.

yeah, well, media is a bussiness.

ultimatly, its what sellsw papers. hence the major coverage of jade goody. it wasnt really news, it was just what thick people wanted to know about.

They blow things up, and they are always very biased towards what they think will grab the attention.

They distort the truth, and i think its unprofesional.

Ofcom? I wouldn't say they blow things up, they draw attention to themselves by their piss poor punishments. It's fining a millionaire a tenner, they won't learn from it.

Ofcom? I wouldn't say they blow things up, they draw attention to themselves by their piss poor punishments. It's fining a millionaire a tenner, they won't learn from it.

Not Ofcom, the papers them selves.

yeah, well, media is a bussiness.

ultimatly, its what sellsw papers. hence the major coverage of jade goody. it wasnt really news, it was just what thick people wanted to know about.

Oh, God!

That annoyed me so much, i got sick of seeing her ugly face EVERYWHERE.

When she died i thought it would tone down a bit, but they milked it abit longer.

I know they need to make money, but its wrong to prey on peoples emotions and make them panic.

I believe it was the media that caused mass panic about the recession, scaring people, ultimatly making the recession deeper.

Couldn't agree more. I personally think the media is what caused the recession in the first place or at least share a large portion of the blame. Petrol prices went up, they blew it all out of proportion which scared everyone, causing people to stop buying things, causing the recession.

I think the recession will all be over once the media forgets about it and moves on to a new "lolmygod doom!" story.

I've lost count of the times I've died now. Y2K, killer bees, mad cow disease, foot and mouth, SARS, terrorists, that collider thing, nostradamus predictions, cancer, STDs, knife crime, turbopeados etc.

I've lost count of the times I've died now. Y2K, killer bees, mad cow disease, foot and mouth, SARS, terrorists, that collider thing, nostradamus predictions, cancer, STDs, knife crime, turbopeados etc.

Don't forget we are booked to die in 2012. Something to do with Mayan terrorist releasing gay Polish chickens, infected with an 'ultimate' super virus, covered in anthrax and that can be downloaded off Pirate Bay...at least that's what I understand.

Don't forget we are booked to die in 2012. Something to do with Mayan terrorist releasing gay Polish chickens, infected with an 'ultimate' super virus, covered in anthrax and that can be downloaded off Pirate Bay...at least that's what I understand.

And don't forget the asteroid that is going to hit in 2019, even though Nasa ruled out a collision back in 2002..

I think the 'media' you are referring to is mainly the tabloids, if you read a quality paper, one of the big 5 papers (Financial Times, Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, The Independent and The Times) you're far less likely to get all that crap as they concentrate on telling the news.

And don't forget the asteroid that is going to hit in 2019, even though Nasa ruled out a collision back in 2002..

NASA ruled out us colliding with the asteroid, not the Super asteroid. Even that won't be so bad compared to Super AIDS. A new string of AIDS so deadly that a mere teaspoon will kill you in 3 years. It cannot be treated.

There is nothing to be afraid of. Except for Super AIDS.

I think the 'media' you are referring to is mainly the tabloids, if you read a quality paper, one of the big 5 papers (Financial Times, Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, The Independent and The Times) you're far less likely to get all that crap as they concentrate on telling the news.

They aren't that much better. They may appear to be but they really aren't.

Also it isn't just the printed press. That audience is fractional compared to television and other likewise types of news.

To quote the philosophers Daft Punk, 'Television Rules the Nation'.

Edited by Daft

Watch this from 7:25 onwards it actually makes me angry for what the media does.

I assume you mean they did the opposite what the Yankyland man mentioned? An interesting theory I concur, but I might not work.

But I'm glad I skipped that Tim Key bastard, his poems are wank.