N-Europe

Fallout: New Vegas

Wesley

Totally forgot about the Hardcore mode. Might have to give it a bash first time too. As for the sleep cycles, well I kinda did that in Fallout 3 anyway. Hardly ever travelled at night, and if I ever had to sleep I made sure I woke in the morning.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had it with Special or Collectors Editions of games. They take up too much room on my shelf and it's a load of shit that I don't need. As for them being worth something one day, they are so mass produced that it's very unlikely.

Though I won't deny that there's some cool stuff in there, but I just want to play the game!!

Does seem like every new game gets a collectors edition these days though. Kinda loses the specialness. Only ever bought one and that's Mass Effect 2. Will just be getting the standard version. Can say goodbye to my life for a few months...

I wouldn't say these are MASS produced, Fallout 3 merchandise is rare on eBay, and they retain their value.

I'd say they are mass produced if you look globally its worth waiting that limited edition will be dirt cheap at some point so its not worth getting now. Does mean holding out which I know your not going to do though lol. Also about your previous comment, I'm not so sure the extra cost is always worth it sometimes the bonus stuff is very cheaply made.

I remember getting the Fallout 3 special edition for £14.99 from Play.com while the standard game on the site was priced at £24.99...... Mad!!

Was tempted by the New Vegas special edition but came to my senses when i saw the price! Preordered this from Game, can't wait but bad timing as i'll be away from Thursday for a few days so it will be sat at home!!!

A friend told me another thing about hardcore mode - you can't fast travel anywhere if you couldn't make it there yourself in-game without starving/surviving. And if you do fast travel, your stamina stuff will be affected for doing so.

Hellish!

In the US the CE is just another $20 onto the regular price so it's not as bad. I'd be very put off if it was double, but I'd still probably get it as it really appeals to me.

I'll be picking this up approx. 4 tomorrow after work and possibly playing, but likely waiting until Saturday.