N-Europe

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you're hardly 'missing out'. Just because you don't buy a game on release date doesn't mean you never get to play it. Wait a few months until the hype has died down and it'll be a lot cheaper. Just because the RRP isn't going to change it doesn't mean retailers won't sell it for cheaper.

I guarantee a few months down the line the game will be selling for a lot cheaper than 45 beans, or 55, whatever price it is going for now.

I never found MW being priced cheaper. Even a year after release most places had it for full RRP. I suspect it'll be the same for MW2.

Either way Modern Warfare isn't that good. I value my time much more.

Either way Modern Warfare isn't that good. I value my time much more.

Disagree with you 100% mate. If any game is that good its Modern Warfare. Its kept me playing ever since it first launched and i will deffo be buying this on launch day.

I don't normally buy games on launch date but there are exceptions that I make. CODMW2 is one of them, another is FIFA10. These games won't go down in price until their respective sequels come out....but yes in the majority of cases I wait for prices to go down. Example: Buying Dead Space a couple of weeks ago for £15. It makes sense!

Where are these games £29.99?! Uncharted and such?

I want this game but the price is ridiculous...

If you shop around, they can be bought at sub 30. Killzone, and Dead Space are examples of games i got for £29.99. I often go to shopto.net and amazon. Gameplay sometimes surprise me. Play.com never these days :(

Disagree with you 100% mate. If any game is that good its Modern Warfare. Its kept me playing ever since it first launched and i will deffo be buying this on launch day.

I don't normally buy games on launch date but there are exceptions that I make. CODMW2 is one of them, another is FIFA10. These games won't go down in price until their respective sequels come out....but yes in the majority of cases I wait for prices to go down. Example: Buying Dead Space a couple of weeks ago for £15. It makes sense!

FIFA09 went very quickly after I found. Then again, some of those were deal of the week style stuff, but I saw it for much cheaper than I had bought it for.

Thing is, I renewed my Xbox Live this week, played CoD4 online for the first time in months and am loving it again. Now, do I be a hypocrite and buy this after all the bullshit I said about the price, Or do I continue to deny myself a game I want for the sake of £5.

I hate Activision.

Uncharted 2 - was £29.99 when I preordered it - it's now £32.95 Here

GT5 - was £29.99 when I preordered it - it's now £32.95 here

MAG - was £29.99 when I preordered it - it's now £32.95 Here

Cheers Cooky, not interested in the other 2 but uncharted must be bought!! Better than any other next gen exclusive in my eyes :)

PS When I say next-gen, I mean 360/PS3

PPS Does anyone else hate the term next-gen for current consoles. I change it to best HD exclusive game

Special Ops? Is that a Gears-like Hoard more or a Batman-like challenge mode*

*Note: Yes, I do realise that both game types are nearly as old as gaming itself.

Edit: Or could it be the name for multiplayer?

Edit: Ah. 2-player co-op mini-missions.

Edited by Cube

Ok I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the hardened edition (£69.99) but used £10 worth of GAME points so got it for £60. I was gonna just go standard £45 but I'm always dragged in by special things and box sets etc... just couldn't bring myself to pay £100 for that figure one or get the night vision goggles.

I'm happy, apart from I wants it now..

Just saw the new trailer. Washington all blown up nuclear style?!? WTF

Ok I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the hardened edition (£69.99) but used £10 worth of GAME points so got it for £60. I was gonna just go standard £45 but I'm always dragged in by special things and box sets etc... just couldn't bring myself to pay £100 for that figure one or get the night vision goggles.

You never seen a war world two film?

GAH. Wasn't going to watch it because I had heard it had story elements in it and wanted to stay spoiler free but I might as well have done now :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!