NEurope

Where are these games £29.99?! Uncharted and such?

I want this game but the price is ridiculous...

And you're hardly 'missing out'. Just because you don't buy a game on release date doesn't mean you never get to play it. Wait a few months until the hype has died down and it'll be a lot cheaper. Just because the RRP isn't going to change it doesn't mean retailers won't sell it for cheaper.

I guarantee a few months down the line the game will be selling for a lot cheaper than 45 beans, or 55, whatever price it is going for now.

I never found MW being priced cheaper. Even a year after release most places had it for full RRP. I suspect it'll be the same for MW2.

Either way Modern Warfare isn't that good. I value my time much more.

Either way Modern Warfare isn't that good. I value my time much more.

Disagree with you 100% mate. If any game is that good its Modern Warfare. Its kept me playing ever since it first launched and i will deffo be buying this on launch day.

I don't normally buy games on launch date but there are exceptions that I make. CODMW2 is one of them, another is FIFA10. These games won't go down in price until their respective sequels come out....but yes in the majority of cases I wait for prices to go down. Example: Buying Dead Space a couple of weeks ago for £15. It makes sense!

Just like MMOs, I can't justify playing online matches for that long. It's a time eater. Single player has to be paramount for me.

If you shop around, they can be bought at sub 30. Killzone, and Dead Space are examples of games i got for £29.99. I often go to shopto.net and amazon. Gameplay sometimes surprise me. Play.com never these days :(

Disagree with you 100% mate. If any game is that good its Modern Warfare. Its kept me playing ever since it first launched and i will deffo be buying this on launch day.

I don't normally buy games on launch date but there are exceptions that I make. CODMW2 is one of them, another is FIFA10. These games won't go down in price until their respective sequels come out....but yes in the majority of cases I wait for prices to go down. Example: Buying Dead Space a couple of weeks ago for £15. It makes sense!

FIFA09 went very quickly after I found. Then again, some of those were deal of the week style stuff, but I saw it for much cheaper than I had bought it for.

Uncharted 2 - was £29.99 when I preordered it - it's now £32.95 Here

GT5 - was £29.99 when I preordered it - it's now £32.95 here

MAG - was £29.99 when I preordered it - it's now £32.95 Here

Thing is, I renewed my Xbox Live this week, played CoD4 online for the first time in months and am loving it again. Now, do I be a hypocrite and buy this after all the bullshit I said about the price, Or do I continue to deny myself a game I want for the sake of £5.

I hate Activision.

I usually make the hypocrite move and buy on impulse. When I bought Fallout 3 in GAME the day after release I was killing myself inside, but it felt good playing that bad-boy.

The box smells nicer when you've just paid the RRP for it.

Uncharted 2 - was £29.99 when I preordered it - it's now £32.95 Here

GT5 - was £29.99 when I preordered it - it's now £32.95 here

MAG - was £29.99 when I preordered it - it's now £32.95 Here

Cheers Cooky, not interested in the other 2 but uncharted must be bought!! Better than any other next gen exclusive in my eyes :)

PS When I say next-gen, I mean 360/PS3

PPS Does anyone else hate the term next-gen for current consoles. I change it to best HD exclusive game

Uncharted looks to be heads and shoulders above every game. I knew it would be good but the reviews are beyond glowing. Normally I'm cautious but I've never seen a Kotaku review with so much approval.

I hate it for another reason as well. Generation has to do with time, not console power.

May aswell ask here: Does this game have offline 4 player split screen like World at War?

Nothing has been confirmed yet, apart from split screen co-op. But to be honest, if MW1 had it, and W@W had it, I'm pretty sure MW2 will get it, as well as LAN.

Special Ops? Is that a Gears-like Hoard more or a Batman-like challenge mode*

*Note: Yes, I do realise that both game types are nearly as old as gaming itself.

Edit: Or could it be the name for multiplayer?

Edit: Ah. 2-player co-op mini-missions.

Edited by Cube

Nice list. Im glad to see they didnt put any competitive multiplayer achievements in there, hate those things.

Nice list. Im glad to see they didnt put any competitive multiplayer achievements in there, hate those things.

Yep! My thoughts exactly!

As awesome as the new trailer was, it gave away too much plot detail for my liking - I'm imposing a ban on myself of anything to do with MW2 (bar ordering it) until I have the disc in my hands.

Ok I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the hardened edition (£69.99) but used £10 worth of GAME points so got it for £60. I was gonna just go standard £45 but I'm always dragged in by special things and box sets etc... just couldn't bring myself to pay £100 for that figure one or get the night vision goggles.

I'm happy, apart from I wants it now..

Just saw the new trailer. Washington all blown up nuclear style?!? WTF

Ok I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the hardened edition (£69.99) but used £10 worth of GAME points so got it for £60. I was gonna just go standard £45 but I'm always dragged in by special things and box sets etc... just couldn't bring myself to pay £100 for that figure one or get the night vision goggles.

You never seen a war world two film?

GAH. Wasn't going to watch it because I had heard it had story elements in it and wanted to stay spoiler free but I might as well have done now :(