NEurope

Is anyone not buying this because of the RRP?

I'm not, and my price is unchanged.

I also will still be buying this regardless. I loved CoD4 LOADS!

Unfortunatly its ppl like me and Mat that activation are hoping for, ppl that love the games and will buy it at whatever price.

Is anyone not buying this because of the RRP?

Me! There is absolutely no reason for this game to be anymore than every other game on the market...Who the fuck do Activision think they are to give a RRP of£54.99...So it means I go on a lot of online retailers and see the price at the £45 mark and I am supposed to think thats a good price...Yes in the past games have this pricey (early N64 era) but as the industry tries to push towards the mainstream and hitting that mass penetration as an entertainment medium they should be trying to make the prices more reasonable and create a more manageable marketplace....not shaft people just because they can...

I think people give it far to much leeway simply because it CoD but I don't have that affliation, I didn't buy CoD 4, I don't own WaW, in fact I havn't owned a CoD since the first one which I still have...I have Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and Battlefield 1943 which all are cracking online and I deep in and out of often so why do I need yet another shooter?

There are fair better games for me out this winter that I want to get and companies I would much rather give my money to....

Activision have become the old EA and thats not a good thing for industry at all....

RANT OVER...

Edited by flameboy

I feel the same. I don't appreciate being held to ransom.

I bought CoD4 and enjoyed it a lot but Activison can go f*ck themselves hard with MW2's price point. Not to mention their refusal to reduce the price of the game over time.

Me! There is absolutely no reason for this game to be anymore than every other game on the market...Who the fuck do Activision think they are to give a RRP of£54.99...So it means I go on a lot of online retailers and see the price at the £45 mark and I am supposed to think thats a good price...Yes in the past games have this pricey (early N64 era) but as the industry tries to push towards the mainstream and hitting that mass penetration as an entertainment medium they should be trying to make the prices more reasonable and create a more manageable marketplace....not shaft people just because they can...

I think people give it far to much leeway simply because it CoD but I don't have that affliation, I didn't buy CoD 4, I don't own WaW, in fact I havn't owned a CoD since the first one which I still have...I have Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and Battlefield 1943 which all are cracking online and I deep in and out of often so why do I need yet another shooter?

There are fair better games for me out this winter that I want to get and companies I would much rather give my money to....

Activision have become the old EA and thats not a good thing for industry at all....

RANT OVER...

I couldn't agree more! I'm holding off buying MW2, until Activi$ion get thier act together! Which will be a while, so I'll probably just download it...

I'm sure I'll get it at some point. Think it works out at just over a days wages for me. If someone said to me, "If you go in to work today, I'll give you this copy of Modern Warfare 2" I'd say sure, go for it. That's how I like to justify my luxury purchases, anyway. Is it worth the work hours put behind the earned money?

Sounds like good old Ken Kutaragi to me.

PS3 is "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

Personally I think it's a good way to justify my spending :heh:

But that doesn't justify having higher prices ;)

I'll say that as of now, my money will be going to Battlefield: BC 2 and not this or Mag if that comes out.

That means I can buy a shooter and another game instead of one wayyy too hyped FPS. I hope people are disappointed with it so that everyone stops banging on about it.

As much as I loved COD 4, I think I´m gonna let this one slide for now due to that I know it will cost a lot and because of Activision.

I´m gonna try and let something like Borderlands sate my lust for FPS this season

Personally I think it's a good way to justify my spending :heh:

But that doesn't justify having higher prices ;)

Yeah, I'm totally with you there. Many a time I have justified a purchase because I racked up a days pay. :D

Damn. Bad Company 2 is slated for next March. Hmmm, maybe I won't buy an FPS between now and Christmas then.

Boarderlands actually looks awesome. It wasn't on my radar until I read Edge's preview of it.

Damn. Bad Company 2 is slated for next March. Hmmm, maybe I won't buy an FPS between now and Christmas then.

Halo ODST, Left 4 Dead 2 and Perfect Dark are out between now and Christmas.

Boarderlands actually looks awesome. It wasn't on my radar until I read Edge's preview of it.

It deffinitely does! Got it pre-ordered, can't wait! :D

Halo ODST, Left 4 Dead 2 and Perfect Dark are out between now and Christmas.

He doesn't have a 360...

http://coolshop.co.uk/

The 360/PS3 versions are £37.98 there.

Anyone got any experience ordering from this site?

I'm not paying £45 for it either purely out of principle. You start accepting higher prices then everyone will follow. Plus i'll be bumming Left 4 Dead 2 so it's all academic. In my opinion CoD isn't that great anyway.

Price point is annoying, but as someone metioned before, this and FIFA are the only games that I play throughout the year. Constantly. On Live of course. So yes, I will be purchasing this....will keep me occupied for the rest of the year if not 2 like its predecessor (sp?).

He doesn't have a 360...

Anyone got any experience ordering from this site?

Somewhat. I used the site way back in...2008 i think when it was known as SoftUk. They were bought out by...i think dutch owned Coolsho but I still have my own account. Good delivery speed back when they were Soft but the game I got wasn't a pre order.

I'm really undecided on this game. The price I'd be paying for it here in Canada is about the equivalent of £45, but here, all new games for the PS3/360 cost that much. A lot of my friends at school who have PS3s are most likely getting it right away, if they weren't, I would have decided not to buy it a while back, but if everyone I know is going to be playing it for months after it comes out...

Its either Modern Warfare 2 or Fallout 3 goty Edition. And in all honesty, I prefer adventure games to shooters. Whichever I don't get right away I'll get after my exams in January most likely though.

I'm not paying £45 for it either purely out of principle. You start accepting higher prices then everyone will follow. Plus i'll be bumming Left 4 Dead 2 so it's all academic. In my opinion CoD isn't that great anyway.

To be honest are you going to make a difference? Its going to do really well and justify Kotick. You know full well the media will give it the GTA/Messiah treatment. Activision will also push it hard.

and you will be the only not playing the game. : peace:

That's a fucking great attitude. Not.

Yeah but do you really want to miss out? You wont change anything.

It's nice to know you aren't part of that tosser's success though. If I ever get it, I'll make sure it's second hand.