NEurope

Killzone does look good when static, but the 30 fps slightly lets it down in motion. Personally, I would rather have the framerate than the detail. And besides, its not as if Killzone didn't have some dodgy looking textures anyway.

There isnt much to complain about with KZ2. It'd be like complaining about an amazing looking girl because she has a mole on her neck... The animation is astounding. No fps comes close in animation or immersion on pc or console next to KZ2. So i would definitely disagree about the motion aspect.

I just dont see COD as any kind of achievement technically or artistically. Other than how long they have used Quake 3 code. Try 60 fps on Wipeout or GT5P. Which manage above 720p and great graphics as well. It does the job and thats how i see it. Which is probably why it isnt shown off in screenshot topics :p

i like both killzone and call of duty, whats the point of compairing them?

There isn't any point, just that Choze seems to feel obligated to defend KZ2 at the drop of a hat... :p

Personally I'm not bothered about either KZ or COD but you don't hear me calling them both 'inferior' or w/e and comparing them to Goldeneye or something stupid; I'm sure both games have their merits but they just aren't really for me. :)

Choze is a of the PS3 fanboy KINGS so anyone suggesting that another game will look better than a PS3 exclusive has to be challenged.

Killzone 2 will be a mere foot note in the world of gaming compared to Modern Warfare 2. Killzone has been massively eclipsed by COD4 and COD5 already, so I'm pretty sure MW2 will blow it out of the water as well.

Choze is a of the PS3 fanboy KINGS so anyone suggesting that another game will look better than a PS3 exclusive has to be challenged.

Killzone 2 will be a mere foot note in the world of gaming compared to Modern Warfare 2. Killzone has been massively eclipsed by COD4 and COD5 already, so I'm pretty sure MW2 will blow it out of the water as well.

These two statements in one post?

Oh, so so funny.

There's nothing funny about it. Call of Duty owns the FPS scene on the console and has basically revolutionised it. However, most the that is based on the system pioneered by the Battlefield franchise.

Whatever a few PS3 fanboys say about Killzone, it will NEVER be anything like the phenomenon that is COD, or more so Modern Warfare.

I was laughing at you and your comment.

Killzone improved on many aspects of MW. From a technical standpoint, it is a behemoth, one that MW2 won't match up to and if you think otherwise you are really just being silly. I still think MW is easily the better game. Ultimately it will never be as influential as CoD but then that is just stating the blindingly obvious.

How much have you played Killzone 2?

Why can't everyone agree that both COD: MW and KZ2 are both fun multiplayer games?

Because fanboys unfortunately, don't think along the same logic paths as the rest of us

There's nothing funny about it. Call of Duty owns the FPS scene on the console and has basically revolutionised it. However, most the that is based on the system pioneered by the Battlefield franchise.

Whatever a few PS3 fanboys say about Killzone, it will NEVER be anything like the phenomenon that is COD, or more so Modern Warfare.

I doubt fans of other fps games care much. Its like saying NFS is the best racing game ever ;)

There will always be space for other fps. Especially given how COD4 is quite dated next to other current gen fps.

Edited by Choze

Who cares if the technology is outdated when it plays that much better. Thought games were ultimately judged on the emotions they invoke...

Can't wait to see what they're doing with the new kill streak bonuses; hopefully the rewards don't get ridiculously overpowered and game-breaking.

Who cares if the technology is outdated when it plays that much better. Thought games were ultimately judged on the emotions they invoke...

Can't wait to see what they're doing with the new kill streak bonuses; hopefully the rewards don't get ridiculously overpowered and game-breaking.

The gameplay is more dated than the graphics. Compared to COD1 or the MOH the gameplay has barely changed the last 10 years. For some its going feel tiring.

The gameplay is more dated than the graphics. Compared to COD1 or the MOH the gameplay has barely changed the last 10 years. For one its going feel tiring.

Ignoring your awful grammar, fixed.

Look, I haven't played Killzone 2 so I can't personally comment on it's quality, though I'm sure it's a very fine title given the positive critical response it had. All I know is, MW was blisteringly superb and await it's sequel with fervent, almost sexual anticipation. Now let that be an end to it.

The gameplay is more dated than the graphics. Compared to COD1 or the MOH the gameplay has barely changed the last 10 years. For some its going feel tiring.

We get the idea, you think Killzone is the BEST THING EVER. Where as the vast majority would choose COD:MW over Killzone 2 any day of the week.

You seem to be getting "dated" and "good" mixed up. The basic "shoot stuff" idea is old, but fun - 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' rings true.

The reason COD does well is because it all slots together nicely, and comes out being better than the sum of it's parts, and, my opinion, they're pretty damn good parts. What the real (ie IW) games in the series do so well is they take the enjoyable parts of realism (relative vulnerability, lying down, sights, camouflage), and strip out the annoying stuff, leaving you with a incredibly fun game.

Go and play the uncontrollable, slideshow-like Killzone 2, and stop telling me I'm not having fun.

You seem to be getting "dated" and "good" mixed up. The basic "shoot stuff" idea is old, but fun - 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' rings true.

Hence generic and boring to many people. It also feels out of date. Compared ot newer fps its almost like a last gen game. Typical of Activison standards.

If sales were an indication of quality then you might as well just play Wiifit and throw every other game away or go worship Mamma Mia and Titanic as the best movies ever.

Edited by Choze

I'm guessing that the only "new" FPS games are Reistance and Killzone...

Ah wow... I came in here to catch some talk of MW2 and found Choze talking big on KZ2. Shame.

It's like your a small child, Choze. You have this playpen and you're worried that someone else will have a better time with their playpen. And you need them to know yours is better in order for you to enjoy yours.

I hope your whole life isn't like this. You'll never be content with yourself.

Anyway, what's this shit I here about Fiffy' 50, yo?

Choze's reasoning:

"One is a first party exclusive game, the other is a third party multi platform game. I could potentially enjoy both, FUCK THAT KILLZONE2 4LIFE. I made a stupid decision before and I stand by it, even if that makes me sound stupid myself!"

Never give up! Trust your instincts!

Choze's reasoning:

"One is a first party exclusive game, the other is a third party multi platform game. I could potentially enjoy both, FUCK THAT KILLZONE2 4LIFE. I made a stupid decision before and I stand by it, even if that makes me sound stupid myself!"

Never give up! Trust your instincts!

Keep making yourself look like an idiot. Cant even read just like the others who posted after me lol.