Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Year Books

Paj!

I refuse to bend over to the ridiculous word limit for our yearbook profiles. 160 words? Yeah right.

Mine unedited was 450, now it's 340. It's ridiculous. I want something memorable, not just random words from people.

I refuse to bend over to the ridiculous word limit for our yearbook profiles. 160 words? Yeah right.

Mine unedited was 450, now it's 340. It's ridiculous. I want something memorable, not just random words from people.

Wow! that is fairly big compared to mine. We had to answer 3 questions of our choice but the answers where very limited (word wise)

My favourite was, How would you like to be remembered?

I've put,

As a Suave, Sophisticated and Dapper gentleman who's presence was most welcome!

But I don't live in a dream world.

Actually my Yearbook entry was pretty fun. :grin:

In the Polls we have at the back I have to my suprise 3rd place in funniest person in the year and most likely to go to prison!

Maybe, but I've got really good little passages from my friends. Why offer an "open" section if it's not going to include good stuff?

I kinda hate the way everyone's written little letters to each other like:

"I've known [X] since we were 3 years old, he's such a great guy! blah blah blah!"

So boring to read, and nobody cares about who's known who the longest.

I'd prefer it was just literally a profile. Like describing the definitive things about said person.

Like the passage I wrote for you Paj - it's unique, references tonnes of jokes and isn't soppy full of crap sentiment.

I'd label you as someone quite likely to go to prison, Mr. Bears. It would be on a Psychology trip, though, and you'd end up organising a picnic for all the inmates out in the yard. Jam sandwiches could well be involved.

Haha!

mmmm.. open-faced club sandwich...

I'm a nice guy, really.

Annoy me though and you will end up with a Psychology book in the back of your head. (As someone found out. :p) Only lightly as a warning!

I got it fully whacked back at me though but twas swiftly blocked with the arm. Fastest I've ever moved! :D

Unfortunately my natural look is "I've just killed a duck" which does scare people! :(

Maybe, but I've got really good little passages from my friends. Why offer an "open" section if it's not going to include good stuff?

I agree. :)

It does kind of suck but perhaps it costs more for more space or something?

Stop moaning. At least you get yearbooks (I don't care that our year had over 1000 people, I wanted one!)

Really done sod all today. Lecture was average, and by that I mean pointless. In fact spent most of the day wishing my housemate would leave so I could watch Big Love in peace but she didn't. Had to wait until I got home from my lecture (and she went to hers). Finally got Mario Galaxy back, not had it for about 16 months.

Failed to make shortbread but oh well. Should read through the markings on my dissertation analysis but flicked through and its bleeding so I don't want to...

Year books are lame anyway, stop the complaining and save yourself money.

I like my school year though, and I feel nostalgic/reminiscary (not even a word) already. So I want a yearbook. But one where actual thoughts could be put to page properly.

Year books are lame anyway, stop the complaining and save yourself money.

They really are. The ones here are absolute wank compared to the ones you see in Yankyland. I have two yearbooks from my time in education I believe... The one from uni was better than college, but just barely. Mainly because someone's surname was Hardware.

What a pointless thread to shred from HWYD.

The conversation was over.

This trend needs to calm down a bit...Dante's mum was a bit rude, and this was just silly. HWYD will be a pointless thread in itself if no one can reply to other people's posts. Or if that want the mods want, make it a sticky or something, so threads are MEANT to extend from it.

HWYD will be a pointless thread in itself if no one can reply to other people's posts. Or if that want the mods want, make it a sticky or something, so threads are MEANT to extend from it.

It seems we have to tell people how our day went, without trying to comment on how other peoples' day went. Failure to do so with an average of five consecutive relevant posts leads to...

Carnage_vs_Venom_by_FallenAngel_pen.jpg

I paid £4 for my school yearbook, but they sold out and was gonna post me one, they never fucking did.

And I agree more with splitting threads out of HWYD(which I stopped going in ages ago). The Dante's mum thing was harmless, but I can see the offense it could cause(i thought it was a pretty hilarious title, actually, but I also thought it'd been made by Dante himself at the time). Alot of discussion, often good, can go about in the HWYD thread, but it's missed due to its massive size and that, I agree with the new trend, wooo! Maybe this needs a topic in itself...

*nods* And these rips lead to lots and lots of angry forumers.

symbiote.jpg

Bewbs! And pointless X flip!

Our school year books have always been great and only cost a tenner each as they're open to the whole school to buy one. Only the 6th years get a profile of themselves with a small paragraph about each person. Loads of great photos of the whole school and different events etc.

Well worth the tenner, especially if you're in 6th year (the final year).

Our school year books have always been great and only cost a tenner each as they're open to the whole school to buy one. Only the 6th years get a profile of themselves with a small paragraph about each person. Loads of great photos of the whole school and different events etc.

Well worth the tenner, especially if you're in 6th year (the final year).

That sound our School Chronicle. That's free for everyone in school (maybe they sneaks a fee onto the fees, but IIRC they don't), and is a retrospective of the year. However, it's much more formal, so has beside the leavers (last years) names, just what they've acheived and where they're going after school.

The yearbook is made by the pupils, for the pupils. And only the 7nths obviously.

My school year book was shit. I was given a day to think of a quote and an ambition.. I didn't have a quote, and scribbled down something about me not being short everyone else was just tall. Something incredibly shit and embarassing. Needless to say my copy was swiftly put in a draw never to be seen again.

I remember as well they did a page for all the people who left the school, the bastards forgot my best mate, I wasn't pleased.

We have a page, with this odd "cool" diary type design on it, with loads of questions like "most memorable moments", "lyric that describes you" and "most memorable moment?" all over it. Then we had to take picture to use, which was probably the most fun part.

Looking forward to seeing it actually. It was nice to be able to get messages from friends written on the bottom too.

Oh, and we get leavers hoodies too, which we put a nickname on the back. I HATE that most the year have just put their second name. Boring much?

Edited by Slaggis