N-Europe

Best Anti Virus to Buy?

arnold

As in ay money *shock* It's not for me, but I was jsut wondering what the best Anti Virus out there for it's value, all I can think of on the the top of my head is NOD32, Kaspersky and Avast, jsut wondering if there are anymore decnt ones out there for a business to use.

Thanks.

I'de go for AVG Free - it's decent, it does the job. It doesn't come with a lot of features, but it does a good job at keeping the windows closed to bacteria.

Wait...was that a post not recommending someone to switch to Apple/OS X? By Jasper?! Now I've seen it all!

I remember installing Norton a couple of years back.

BIG MISTAKE.

It was the most bloated piece of shit ever conceived. Truly horrible. I had to pay for it as well. Lesson learned I think. The pay option isn't always the best option :)

These days I stick to AVG free version 7.5. AVG 8 is a bit too bloated for my liking.

I used to use Norton, but it was basically crap. I had 2 viruses and Norton didn't pick them up or attempt to remove them.

Currently using Kaspersky, having no problems with this one. It is by far the best AV/Internet Security program i've used (i've used McAfee, Norton and OneCare)

I have bad experiences with norton too. I was going to wait until my 3 month free trial to finish but in the end I had to get rid of it because it was protecting all the crap ware that came with my laptop from being deleted.

Kaspersky is meant to be really good, my mum's work uses it on all their systems. I was going to have it on my own!

Norton shouldn't really be put on new computers, its ridiculous and to think people sometimes pay for it, oh my!

I found avast was annoying, it didn't help I wasn't sure how to use it, maybe I'm just idiotic?

Did everyone in this thread notice how he said for business use at the end of his post, and thus a number of suggested 'free' antiviruses would not then be free under their license agreements.

As for me personally, I know little of Antivirus beyond the free, and some non free, options available to home users for personal use. However, if you know of ones like that which are good and do the job, I'd say you might as well just shell out for the business edition or whatever, also easier because it's something you know(I'm presuming you'd be able to help the person who wants it, if they needed any).