N-Europe

I have a question.

jayseven

Of course, you've lost an opportunity. It may not be a physical item but it is something you've no longer got.

It's always your fault.

Not 'your' as in whoever reads this. I mean your fault specifically, James. Bastard.

If you lost what you had to gain, you lost the possibility of gaining it. Yet you gained certainty that you will not get what you had to gain, a certainty that you did not have before when you were not sure of gaining it.

An action or event is always a product of many variables coming together, thus direct responsibility can never be placed.

roffles. Hai. You r dere *knocks once, in an accidental manner*

Ok. So what about the entity that is lost. By definition,You think it has been labelled as a positive path.

Thus(!); how are you to know which path to follow?

corrected.

You only know if it´s positive if you have walked it because every experience differs between people and stuff.

If you have to ask which path to walk, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

corrected.

You only know if it´s positive if you have walked it because every experience differs between people and stuff.

If you have to ask which path to walk, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

I kind of agree, but! No amount of preparation can ready you for the reality of the walk. You can spend £200 on a pair of hiking boots, practice tying knots and making make-shift tents just in case you get lost and take an extra pair of socks with you but you can't guarentee you'll need anything that you carry, or that everything you carry is all that you need.

So can you blame yourself for having picked the wrong path, if you did not know whether it was a positive path or not in the first place?

I kind of agree, but! No amount of preparation can ready you for the reality of the walk. You can spend £200 on a pair of hiking boots, practice tying knots and making make-shift tents just in case you get lost and take an extra pair of socks with you but you can't guarentee you'll need anything that you carry, or that everything you carry is all that you need.

So can you blame yourself for having picked the wrong path, if you did not know whether it was a positive path or not in the first place?

Buy a map?

You can blame blame yourself for taking the wrong path if the experience of others tell you that it´s bad but not walking the walk means that you rob yourself of the experience and if the general consensus that this specific walk is bad less people will follow it and people start to forget why we even went there.

In my opinion you take the path you think will benefit most from and keep in mind that you will not learn the most from the most positive from.

To overcome mistakes we must learn from them

So it's about mentally thinking "this is a good path, because it has to be"? That in the end, it doesn't matter what path you take (or everybody takes), just that you have the positive mentality to believe it is the best path.

The path least walked is the path least explored.

Just head for the X.
Which one?

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

Sorry, I had to.

You can blame blame yourself for taking the wrong path if the experience of others tell you that it´s bad but not walking the walk means that you rob yourself of the experience and if the general consensus that this specific walk is bad less people will follow it and people start to forget why we even went there.

In my opinion you take the path you think will benefit most from and keep in mind that you will not learn the most from the most positive from.

To overcome mistakes we must learn from them

But why should one assume that the path that is right for others is the right path for you? You cannot know if something is right for you before you have tried it as we cannot know the future. We can only make qualified guesses based on observation, but in the end we can never be fully prepared for everything, and thus we need to take chances once in a while. Life is best lived in the present - not in the past, nor in the future.

So it's about mentally thinking "this is a good path, because it has to be"? That in the end, it doesn't matter what path you take (or everybody takes), just that you have the positive mentality to believe it is the best path.

The path least walked is the path least explored.

It´s more about believing what path is the right one for you not going in and thinking it must be good for me because I say so

It´s closer too say: this path must be right for me because other people say it is.

Other people´s experience dictate your mentality when you take that path but only you can decide what you think at the end of it.

But why should one assume that the path that is right for others is the right path for you? You cannot know if something is right for you before you have tried it as we cannot know the future. We can only make qualified guesses based on observation, but in the end we can never be fully prepared for everything, and thus we need to take chances once in a while. Life is best lived in the present - not in the past, nor in the future.

We cannot decide if a path is right for us but when people around us tell us their experience of their path it will influence our choices based on what they think.

We cannot decide if a path is right for us but when people around us tell us their experience of their path it will influence our choices based on what they think.

Which is why we need to walk the path ourselves to decide whether is was good for us. In the end we may not realise that it was good or bad. Maybe we realise it later, maybe we never realise it. Different paths can be right, but for different reasons. Choosing something is inevitably linked to not choosing something, and while one choice is right in some aspects, it will most definitely be not-right in other aspects - and that goes for nearly all possible paths in your life. So ultimately, can we really talk about choosing the right path?

Right. No matter what path you pick, you're forgoing the other options. There is no right path, there is no wrong path - just path :P It's the mentality that you carry that shapes and/or defines that choice. External factors affect the mind only because the mind allows it.

The path is irrelevant. You only get one journey.

Right. No matter what path you pick, you're forgoing the other options. There is no right path, there is no wrong path - just path :P It's the mentality that you carry that shapes and/or defines that choice. External factors affect the mind only because the mind allows it.

The path is irrelevant. You only get one journey.

True, but the journey can have many different junctions and that is what makes it so interesting as such.

There have been many a time where i have lost what i could of gained being possible friends, relationships etc, jobs. The usual stuff really. But there are times where these opportunities come about maybe once more to give you a second chance to gain what could of been.