NEurope

Blog Update - South America is calling.

Today, I’m finally able to talk about a new episode in Darkside Chronicles that was recently announced.

The year is 2002, before the destruction of the Russian branch of Umbrella. Leon Kennedy is sent to a small South American country as part of a secret military detachment. Due to the difficult nature of the operation, Jack Krauser, a seasoned operative with a history of brave service, was selected to be Leon’s partner.

This new episode inherits RE2 and Code: Veronica’s “inner darkness”. This story was also created as an original battle story different from what we saw in Umbrella Chronicles.

One thing that’s really important for a retail game is a sense of consistency and wholeness. Umbrella Chronicles told the story of the rise and fall of the Umbrella Corporation. If Darkside Chronicles was simply re-envisioning a few scenes from RE2 and Code: Veronica, it wouldn’t feel like a complete game. The Producer Masachika Kawata, felt the same way. When this original episode was created, the game really started to come into its own. It’s not just as a sequel to Umbrella Chronicles; it also works as a standalone experience.

One of my favorite RE characters is in this episode, Jack Krauser.

I always thought he left a strong impression in RE4. Leon arrives in a remote European village looking for the President’s kidnapped daughter, and who does he find behind the plot? None other than Krauser.

There are hints in RE4 that point to Leon and Krauser having a past together. Krauser’s history with Leon and his thirst for ultimate power made him a very dark and cool character.

I wanted to create that story of what happened when Leon met Krauser.

When I was thinking about the story, I wasn’t planning out what would happen logically; rather I relied more on intuition and flash ideas for inspiration. I thought of a number of scenarios which could be interesting and imagined Leon and Krauser in them. After doing some research, and working through a lot of different material, I decided that South America would be the perfect setting for the story.

Hidekazu Gondo was also a big help with Krauser on this project. He was in charge of the RE4 cinematics, and his ideas really helped to flesh out the story. Also as the story developed, a lot of my original ideas had to be changed, but thanks to him I was able to keep the theme I was looking for which I am quite thankful for. I believe the story is really deep and interesting.

Darkside Chronicles will be playable on the TGS show room floor. TGS will be where we officially present the South American stage as well. I’m very confident because I know this game is even better than the first Chronicles. If you are at the show, please stop by the booth and check the game out.

I’m sure you will enjoy the bright South American sunlight, and the equally dark shadows that are created. Don’t miss this chance to check out Darkside Chronicles!

New scans

49321agpizwvizwuyc2vlch.jpg

49322agpizwvizwuyc2vlch.jpg

The South America area using Re5 engine?

Framework MT? no chance. Otherwise they'd be using Framework MT for the whole thing and they already stated it is a souped up RE4 engine.

Now, they could be using RE5 assets.

Yea, it'd be a little insane to try and work two graphics engines into one game just for different sections of the game.

I wonder, now that the South American section is confirmed, if the other sections from the "leaked" list a while back are also in the game?

If they were that would certainly make the game seem like quite a fleshed out package. UC had a decent number of scenarios as it is but if that list is true this one has a ton, with a lot of interesting new additions to the storyline.

I wonder, now that the South American section is confirmed, if the other sections from the "leaked" list a while back are also in the game?

If they were that would certainly make the game seem like quite a fleshed out package. UC had a decent number of scenarios as it is but if that list is true this one has a ton, with a lot of interesting new additions to the storyline.

Only RE:2, RE:2 Hunk, RE:CVX and RE: SA should be the right number of scenarios without cutting them down into short scenarios like RE :UC did with RE3.

New Trailer:

Jack: Snake Eater! :p

Scenario names

Memory of A Lost City: Leon, Claire

Game of Oblivion: Steve, Claire

Operation Javier: Leon, Krauser

ALRIGHT CUT IT OUT ALREADY!!! STOP WITH THE AMAZING CUT-SCENES AND CHARACTERS:cry:

I'll buy it, *crawles away in a corner crying* I'll buy it!:cry:

This is looking incredibly amazing. And I'm loving how they're making everything relevant to the story, it's not just needless sidestories.

This is looking incredibly amazing.

This.

I'm shocked at how good this is turning out to be! It looks like it has some of the best graphics on Wii (similar to Resi 5 in some shots!) and the gameplay trailers have all looked ultra-immersive.

Maybe I should have bought it's predecessor to see where it is coming from.

This.

I'm shocked at how good this is turning out to be! It looks like it has some of the best graphics on Wii (similar to Resi 5 in some shots!) and the gameplay trailers have all looked ultra-immersive.

Maybe I should have bought it's predecessor to see where it is coming from.

Umbrella Chronicles is GREAT!!! You won't regret it and can probably pick it up cheap.

new screens

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

17.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Blog Update:

Javier’s Domain

The new South American story in Darkside Chronicles is called Operation Javier, named after one of the characters players will meet in the mission. I’d like to tell you a little about Javier.

I wanted to create a character who could illustrate the world which will be the backdrop for Leon and Krauser’s past. Javier is an integral part of the story, and he has to fulfill the role of illuminating the setting which our main characters are placed in.

Krauser and Leon have been sent on a mission by the U. S. government to infiltrate this small South American country. Finding Javier is their objective, since he is a drug lord who has taken de-facto control over a large area of jungle. He rules the entire area absolutely. The small government is unable to do anything about Javier’s control of the drug trade, so Krauser and Leon have been called in.

The drugs that Javier’s organization is producing have been contaminating surrounding countries, as well as finding their way into America. Javier is amassing a fortune in drug money, building up his own private army, and fortifying his operations. He is a wanted criminal in many countries, and is an uncommonly cruel man. Leon and Krauser won’t have an easy time getting their hands on Javier in the dense, unfamiliar jungle.

This ability to slip through the fingers of justice and gather other criminals is not something an ordinary person could accomplish. Javier has achieved his goals through the use of violence and strict control of the region. He rewards those who submit to him, and brutally punishes anyone who stands in his way, making harsh examples of anyone who opposes him. He rules his dominion through fear. However, the drug lord has not been seen in public recently. What could he be doing in the depths of the jungle?

The U.S. government has received information that a former Umbrella researcher has somehow entered the region. Sources indicate that something strange is going on, but no accurate information can be obtained. Unwilling to risk a biohazard incident, a secret military agency pairs Leon and Krauser and sends them into this volatile region to determine what, if anything, is going on...

And with that, I would like to make another announcement. Next week’s entry will be the final update to this blog. I feel like I’ve been able to introduce a lot about the game here, but now next week fans will finally be able to play it for themselves at the Tokyo Game Show, and I think I have accomplished what I set out to do with the blog. Now I have to focus on the always harrowing final push before the game is released!

For the next and final post, I’ll tell you a bit about the woman you will meet in the depths of the steamy South American jungle.

IGN - Proof Wii Could Do RE5?

Wii owners aren't likely to get a version of Capcom's best-selling survival horror sequel, Resident Evil 5, any time soon, but Darkside Chronicles may offer further proof that such an undertaking might actually be possible. At the Tokyo Game Show this week, the publisher unveiled a new trailer for its on-rails shooter depicting a brand new stage set not in darkness, but in the bloom-saturated daylight of a South American village. Upon first glance, it looks like something directly out of Resident Evil 5.

Although it may appear otherwise, the development team didn't set out to duplicate the Resident Evil 5 experience. The team simply created a more robust lighting system for Darkside Chronicles and wanted a level in which to adequately showcase the technology, at which point a daylight motif seemed obvious. In the level, characters Leon S. Kennedy and Krauser journey to South America so that they might save a little girl named Manuela from a viral outbreak and protagonist named Javier.

The new mission complements an experience that otherwise revolves around the events of Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica. Darkside Chronicles will ship for Wii on November 17 in America and 10 days later in Europe. Stay tuned to IGN for more coverage on the anticipated Umbrella Chronicles follow-up.

It's a lot easier to manage RE5 like graphics and physics in a rail shooter where you have a limited degree of control and the developers can easily tweak the best possible performance and presentation than a 3rd person shooter with more dynamic influences.

After the announcement of RE5:Wand Edition for PS3,I wish and I hope for a similar announcement for Wii.With RE DC Capcom proved that their engine CAN handle a RE5 port.

After the announcement of RE5:Wand Edition for PS3,I wish and I hope for a similar announcement for Wii.With RE DC Capcom proved that their engine CAN handle a RE5 port.

No they didn't.

It probably could handle a RE5 port, but the physics and the graphics would be toned down, considerably. Just because a rail shooter can achieve this doesn't mean an action 3rd person game can. There are more dynamic factors all going on at once compared to the RE DC where they control everything that happens on screen to achieve the perfect performance-quality ratio.

Just because my laptop can output a 1080p signal doesn't mean I cna play games at that resolution.

DW Videos:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

New info:

- The game's Japanese release date has been announced to be Jan 14 2010.

- There will a 'lock on' system for Beginner Mode

- 3x the amount of dialogues compared to Umbrella Chronicles

- Japanese singer Kiyoharu will be involved in the commercial music tie-up for the game

Final boxart:

2b39ebb7597cf5d3e7e30b6ece9c26a7.jpg?v=144000