Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Colour and Perception Test

ReZourceman

I thought this might be interesting. Well either interesting or really lame, but I will guaranteed be quite aroused by this so coolio.

Kay, copy this ;

Swatch01.jpg

And fill in the boxes with what you think are the colours, on Photoshop or Paint or whatever. Get as close to the colour you think as possible, then post it in a spoiler box. Don't look at other peoples until you've done yours.

Sky Blue - Forest Green - Milky White - Pebble Grey - Dreamy Purple - Orange Flavour Ice Lollipop Orange - Skanky Horrible Yuck Colour

Heres mine ;

perception1.jpg

This is a really cool idea, although there's the minor problem that people will have different displays to others. Incidentally, you should be able to get around the fading thing on photoshop by selecting "save for web" rather than "save" and saving with 100% quality. It'd be fun to do statistical analysis on the data resulting from this, which I might do when I have the time (i.e. in a couple of weeks). Anyhoo:

colourstrip.jpg

I should probably point out that I have (among other types) grapheme → colour synaesthesia, which could affect things. So does Letty, if I recall correctly.

Colours have faded a bit after saving (have no clue how to stop this with Photoshop, rah!), so imagine them being a bit brighter. =P

Swatch01.jpg

Try saving as PNG. It uses a lossless compression algorithm.

colour.jpg[/img]

Props to Shino for the pink. I always thought it was a terrible colour. Not being a boy thing or anything, it just serves no proper emotion.

At first I wasn't really sure, but then it made perfect sense. Its just an annoying colour, specially when its of the "electric" variant.

I am quite amazed by all your results, is there something I am just not seeing? Tbh, I considered doing it now whilst I'm slightly drunk, but I did it in my head and all of yours looks different to mine...

(P.S Where did you find this/what inspired you ReZ? I'm intrigued by whatever is going down here....)

I am quite amazed by all your results, is there something I am just not seeing? Tbh, I considered doing it now whilst I'm slightly drunk, but I did it in my head and all of yours looks different to mine...

(P.S Where did you find this/what inspired you ReZ? I'm intrigued by whatever is going down here....)

I fail to see what's so amazing - did you expect way more variation?