Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Retro_Link

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking to buy this, pretty disappointed to see that it's £44.99 with motionplus. I can't believe how expensive motionplus is! I thought Nintendo said they weren't going to make any money on it?! So to get the full wii control the RRP is £64.97....that is just stupid!

Bundled with a game it should be an extra £10!! I bet it is with Wii Sports Resort!

I want two devices so was happy to order Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis but at £90 that's pretty steep! But then I do want both games anyway.....bugger!!

PLUS. When is this getting reviewed? Doesnt it come out in 2 weeks?

Just looking to buy this, pretty disappointed to see that it's £44.99 with motionplus.

PLUS. When is this getting reviewed? Doesnt it come out in 2 weeks?

£42.99 at Gameplay and a score of 7.5 in Nintendo Power, according to GoNintendo.

I'm waiting on more reviews before pre-ordering.

7.5 also isn't astoundingly shit, it's a good score. You can't really expect 10/10s from a tennis game.
Though Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast got 9-10 from just about everyone didn't it.

I'm still gonna get this though, I think Virtua Tennis looks really dull in comparison with its realistic character models etc...

Though Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast got 9-10 from just about everyone didn't it.

I'm still gonna get this though, I think Virtua Tennis looks really dull in comparison with its realistic character models etc...

I stand corrected. :heh: It's still not a bad score. And on the bright side, it's pioneering a peripheral which is going to regenerate the Wii.

Exactly, a good tennis game gets good scores - Virtua Tennis (and the sequel), Mario Tennis all did brilliantly.... this is uses a control device which in theory should revolutionise the genre...but 7.5 is pretty average...

I'm not basing it on this one score, but it's not a great start

7.5 also isn't astoundingly shit, it's a good score. You can't really expect 10/10s from a tennis game.

hey cmon tiger got 9...

there must be some issue with it.. I hope it's lack of modes instead of with the core gameplay.

Where does he say that?

think he said it in one of the podcasts that dante posted a long while ago.

After seeing this at E3 I must say I've been put off a bit. I think I might wait until the reviews are in but I can see myself going for Virtua Tennis instead now. Somthing about this just doens't seem to feel right. It doesn't flow very well and there seems to be a slight lag when hitting a shot.

Yeah, just the one review so far I believe.

90% from ONM.

But do you really need any reviews? :hmm: I mean the fact that Nintendo is letting EA launch WM+ with this game pretty much tells us all we need to know I reckon.

I'm sold anyway, can't wait! :yay:

I had VT 2009 on 360 and guys it is Rubbish. I got rid of it and I wouldnt get your hopes up too high. The wii controls maybe great but honestly if the career mode is like the 360/PS3 game than it is horrible to play a single player game.

The World Tour/Career mode is so easy its unreal. Its not nice to play as there is no challenge. I hope the A.I in the Wii version has been improved.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!