Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii-make Me

david.dakota

Ok, so we've got plenty of Wii-makes, Wii-imaginations and Wii-releases. OK, so they're controversial, especially on a machine hyped as 'a new way to play'. But for a few moments, lets forget that controversy and embrace the Wii-make in an all new Wiishlist!

What games would you want? A well remembered game you'd want to share with new gamers, a guilty pleasure worthy of a new lease of life?

Me? Its Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. The recent reboot by Disney was appalling, but the first N64 games were classics, and worthy of more than a generic sci-fi reboot. The American Indian vibe, the crazy weapons, the sense of a massive landscape (despite the fog)- it all adds up to an atmospheric adventure. Hell, it nailed much of the FPS long before Rare's Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and was one of the first - if not only- game to make me jump out of my skin (The first Purlin breaking through the wall in Labyrinth levels).

Passed to Renegade Kid (made from some of the original Turok team at Iguana Entertainment/Acclaim Austin) a Wii-make would be splendid, they produced some great visuals and atmosphere on DS so mirroring that on Wii wouldn't be a hard task. In a world jam packed with brown generic shooters, with silver space soldiers, a more honest reboot of Turok on Wii would be a force to be reckoned with.

Well not a game I've played but its a game that came out before its time on cube, a console that wasn't ready for an mmorpg: Homeland ala my sig for the past few years. Perhaps what animal crossing on Wii could have been.

Pause at 1.41 to see a familar stage from mario galaxy

Anyway I think this game could really tap into the AC market as it seem to carry the same level of charm.

I really think Ubisoft should do a Wii-make of Beyond Good and Evil. It makes perfect business sense with them currently developing the sequel and a re-release or Wii-make of the first one would bring it to the market and perhaps to new customers in the run up to the release of the sequel. Of course, it'd be great if the sequel came to the Wii as well but it's sounding a little unlikely so this'd be a great idea to give Wii owners some BG&E lovin'.

MARIO BROS 3, with graphics like Galaxy.

nuff said

Remake of Lylat Wars.

Yes!

Oh yes!!

And Super Metroid somehow. I loved the feeling of that game and would love to see the worlds in 3D.

See with all these games. There is no point remaking them unless it has the same type of gameplay that you know and love.. Making super mario bros 3 is just a bad idea in 3d.. what's the point?

Both are very different games....

IF mario bros 3 was to be remade in a new super mario bros style then fair enough because that's KEEPing to the same gameplay.

Then we have lylat wars.. I eman it's not like lylat wars had a classic storyline or anything that's worth remaking.. They may as well just make a new one... To me remaking lylat wars is like remaking a mario kart game.

then super metroid. Same as mario 3.. different gameplay because of the inevitable 2d 3d differences.. However a remake on the ds is very possible and would work well I think.

NO 10chareskfjdslk

NO

Ultimately I reckon I'd rather have a new game rather than a Wiimake of something that I already have. Stuff like Ten Eighty, Waverace, Lylat Wars etc would do better to see a proper all new sequel, like mcj metroid says above. I wish we were getting a new Mario Tennis rather than the New Play Control! edition.

Having said that, hows about a Wiimake of Geist and Second Sight!

ALSO, Ocarina Of Time... Oh, Please God.

I know people may think with TP theres no point for a OOT remake... But an OOT remake would be just special. Visually and control-wise like TP... Imagine doing that Gerudo horseback archery range with the Wii-remote, imagine how precise it would be... :o

Then theres the epicness of the final battle. Imagine how the beautiful graphics of TP could enhance that scene... with the thunderstorms, and the purpley dark vibe of Ganon. Imagine the beautiful temples; Water Temple glistening, while the Fire Temple lights up your room scarlet red.

The gossip stones offer enough info to maybe throw in a Sheikah sub-story.

Ooooh, OOT remake please...:*(

ALSO, Ocarina Of Time... Oh, Please God.

I know people may think with TP theres no point for a OOT remake... But an OOT remake would be just special. Visually and control-wise like TP... Imagine doing that Gerudo horseback archery range with the Wii-remote, imagine how precise it would be... :o

Then theres the epicness of the final battle. Imagine how the beautiful graphics of TP could enhance that scene... with the thunderstorms, and the purpley dark vibe of Ganon. Imagine the beautiful temples; Water Temple glistening, while the Fire Temple lights up your room scarlet red.

The gossip stones offer enough info to maybe throw in a Sheikah sub-story.

Ooooh, OOT remake please...:*(

Personally, I'd rather see a OoT remake on the next Nintendo console. But any OoT remake would probably make me cry tears of joy if it was revealed.

See with all these games. There is no point remaking them unless it has the same type of gameplay that you know and love.. Making super mario bros 3 is just a bad idea in 3d.. what's the point?

Both are very different games....

Agreed. It has to be similar to the origial, mixed with gameplay improvements from newer games. Like MGS: TTS and Metroid Zero Mission.

On the other hand, the older Zelda games (A Link to the Past) could work well as a 3D remake.

OoT could do with waiting another generation but like FF7 it'll never be done.

I'd love to see a re-do of Geist. Great concept, poor excecution.

Agreed. It has to be similar to the origial, mixed with gameplay improvements from newer games. Like MGS: TTS and Metroid Zero Mission.

With what I said about Mario Bros 3, I was meaning more along the lines of that. I would like to see Mario Bros 3 with all the improved graphics and level designs, yet stay to the roots of what it will always has been. 2D platforming ^_^

With what I said about Mario Bros 3, I was meaning more along the lines of that. I would like to see Mario Bros 3 with all the improved graphics and level designs, yet stay to the roots of what it will always has been. 2D platforming ^_^

Something more along the lines of Four Swords Adventures or the new Wario Land would be better.

But they may aswell do a sequel or re-boot, htan spend time on a re-make.

That's exactly what I meant by "re-do". They should have another go at the concept.