Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Excitebots: Trick Racing

david.dakota

I want this to be released here soooooo badly!! Excite Truck was amazing. Most fun I've had with a racer outside of Mario Kart. And this looks even better. I actually love the fact that they've gone a bit 'wacky' with it. The designs look good to me - the pie throwing etc might seen a little ott, but frankly I'm glad this game doesn't take itself seriously. If Nintendo had actually bothered to market it AT ALL, and perhaps given it some swankier cover art (which it does merit imo), then it would've sold well. Heck it's exactly the type of game everyone who bought Mario Kart Wii would love! HUGE mess-up by Nintendo there. To not release it in Europe now just seems silly and ill-considered. Wouldn't mind so much if I could still use the freeloader :angry: As it is, they've pissed the development of, what is by all accounts, a top quality game down the drain :hmm:

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Okay. So now I'm all import friendly I'm thinking of importing a few games!! This is one of said games.

Anyone have it? Thinking about online that's all, would be good if a few of you guys could hop online!! Anyone know a cheap place to buy it?

Okay. So now I'm all import friendly I'm thinking of importing a few games!! This is one of said games.

Anyone have it? Thinking about online that's all, would be good if a few of you guys could hop online!! Anyone know a cheap place to buy it?

I have it, but i'm so busy at the mo i doubt i'll be able to get online often!

I just ordered it from VGP! Least you know it's gonna arrive and there customer service is great!

• 1 month later...
Gutted. Amazon.com have this at $20 with the wheel.... But don't ship to UK. That's an insane bargain!!!

Anyone from US want to buy it for me :D

Damn! I thought your post might have been news of a PAL release.

Colour me disappointed. :(

That is a sweet deal though dazzybee, good luck with that. :D

Same.:(

It still puzzles me why NOE refuse to release this over here.

Maybe they'll change their mind after seeing this...

ExciteBots sales increased over 50000% on Amazon!

ExciteBots: Trick Racing with Wii Wheel Bundle by Nintendo

1. Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours 50,862%

Sales Rank in Video Games: 8 (was 4,077)

...And release a PAL version at a budget price!

What!? I can dream. :laughing:

• 3 months later...

Okay. So I came back from US with a copy of Excitbots (2 actually, one for yesteryear). And I've sorted my hack wii out again and played it. And I must say, that aside from (and also because of) it being the weirdest game I have ever played, it is absolutely incredibly, and a ridiculous decision not to bring it over here.

I love ExciteTruck and to be honest, I was skeptical about this; messing with the forumula, I couldn't get my head around how the darts and the bowling and the football stuff would be integrated, and those bars that everyone swings around...and the running on legs etc. I thought it would disrupt, be too outlandish and random for it's own good. Well, it's not. It works seamlessly makes it even more fun; I will also say that th ebots themselves add to it too, so much character. It's awesome.

The game also lets you send your best times over to friends and also a video of, well, your last race, so not necessarily your best time. There's LOADS of multiplayer games which are all pretty fun and obviously online....

Anyways, I've only played it about an hour, but anyone who has the homebrew channel or a US Wii, GET IT!!!

Anyone who has got it, fancy some matches!?!??!

Stab in my heart, mate. Still boggles the mind not to bring this out here...

Can't you just pretend it isn't really worth it, just to make me feel better? ;)

Still we've got Disaster and Another Code, so I shouldn't nag too much. Still, why not release these titles overthere too?

*sigh* Back to ExciteTruck and dreaming of what could've been.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Erm yeah...shit game. Can see why they havent' released it over here!! You guys are so lucky you don't have subject yourseleves to such tripe!!!!

:bouncy:

:(

I'm so very annoyed with Nintendo over this. It shouldn't be "oh, we got this, so it's ok that they get that instead of us." It should be "We've all got the motherfunking gamesssss. All of us. All the games."

I hope you're enjoying it, Dazzy. Jammy bluddy bastard. :'(

• 1 year later...

I was almost worried about bringing this thread back incase some of you would think that we're finally getting the game in Europe.. sadly, that isn't the case :hmm:

Having said that, now that we've heard the news that Japan Finally Gets Excitebots, there's certainly a bit of renewed hope that we may get it in some capactiy too :smile:

I won't hold my breath, that's for sure, but it would be a fantastic game to bring out at this stage of the Wii's lifecycle :hehe: I wasn't completely sold on the game initally, despite my love for Excite Truck, but the concept really grew on me over the months and years and I'd actually be excited for a possible arrival on these shores!

I was almost worried about bringing this thread back incase some of you would think that we're finally getting the game in Europe.. sadly, that isn't the case :hmm:

Having said that, now that we've heard the news that Japan Finally Gets Excitebots, there's certainly a bit of renewed hope that we may get it in some capactiy too :smile:

I won't hold my breath, that's for sure, but it would be a fantastic game to bring out at this stage of the Wii's lifecycle :hehe: I wasn't completely sold on the game initally, despite my love for Excite Truck, but the concept really grew on me over the months and years and I'd actually be excited for a possible arrival on these shores!

GODAMMIT NANDO STOP GETTING OUR HOPES UP!

(genuinely did think we were possibly gonna get this)

I preferred the simplicity of Excite Trucks over Excite Bots. It all got a bit too crazy with so many things happening at once and too many gimmicks for my liking. Also the tracks are nearly all identical to the first game - I was hoping to have more original tracks (with some of the old ones thrown in as bonuses). It's still great fun though, and a real shame it never got released here.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!