NEurope
Dante

Aliens vs. Predator

Sweeeet, probably for the best to not do a campagin demo, leave that for the release. I'm guessing it'll be a simple TDM style game with maybe one or two maps.

I agree i've not been watching any single player demos. Want to keep that for myself. My only concern is the distance you need to make a stealth kill from behind. It looked a little too easy in some of the gameplay i've seen. One guy grabbed a predator from the top of a flight of stairs...It also makes me wonder if it's interruptible too.

I must say, the multiplayer looks fan-fucking-tastic. The mode where one of you starts as an Alien and the rest are Marines who get converted to Aliens when killed looks especially fun - suddenly the Aliens will stop being sneaky, and start swarming, likely causing the remaining Marines to require new underwear...

Yeah the multiplayer did look awesome when saw this at Eurogamer Expo didn't get chance to play as the queues were bad shit crazy!

I must say, the multiplayer looks fan-fucking-tastic. The mode where one of you starts as an Alien and the rest are Marines who get converted to Aliens when killed looks especially fun - suddenly the Aliens will stop being sneaky, and start swarming, likely causing the remaining Marines to require new underwear...

OMG. That sounds too good to be true.

Can't seem to find a game on the PS3 version, 360 seems fine though. Had a quick go, played 3 matches and all 3 I was an Alien. I think its very good, to the point where I have now added it to my pre-orders.

It seems like its had a lot of polish since the Eurogamer Expo.

Loved it as much as I thought I would. Bring on the 19th! Had some awesome moments as a marine. Wandering corridors looking at my motion tracker, there's something in front of me but not. I look up, frigging alien on the ceiling so I laid 20 rounds into it's face only to get stabbed in the back haha

Downloading the PC demo now. Will do the 360 one while I'm at work tomorrow. Cannot wait! Hearing it's pretty darn good from various people :D

Started downloading it from steam last night, gonna chec it when come home later today.

Hopefully it can hold up to the old AvP2.

This game (well, the demo at least) is shit.

The graphics are U.G.L.Y, it's too dark (and not in a good way; marine torch sucks). All three characters have no weight and just don't feel right.

Marine - There's no kickback from the pulse rifle, it just feels too light. The smart rifle, flamethrower and shotgun all look, feel and sound wrong.

Alien - The controls were far too fiddly and you can easily get disorientated what with all the surface transitions. There were many chances to drop down on a marine only for the controls to get in the way and I ended up doing some lame claw attack. But then again the stealth kills can be activated from about a mile away.

Predator - The map didn't allow for the Pred to really shine, as it was just a load of dark corridors and small rooms. I couldn't really find any decent vantage points, still, I can see the Pred will be the most fun to play.

I'm giving this an unfair bashing because it's only one map, and an extremely crap map at that. I'm confident the campaign will be awesome, but I think the game needs some serious polishing and a huge dose of FUN injected into the multiplayer.

The stealth kills are pretty funny. I had a chain of six or seven stealth kills. By "chain" I mean that I killed someone, and during the long animation someone did the stealth attack on me, who then got stealth attacked, and so on.

The lack of any blood or anything on your screen is a bit disorientating - sometimes you just seem to fall over/the camera moves a bit and it goes to the spectator camera.

There's a mode similar to that in AvP2, I think. Survivor, or Hunt, where if you kill the other person, you "switch races." Very fun. I hope they keep the Overrun mode or Evac, which are both fun as hell.

Evac is great, got such a vivid memory of the first time I played that. Can't remember the map, but it was set in a hive or sewer type of place, kinda like the one Newt falls into in Aliens (murky water, with railings and ladders and platforms on the walls). You have one team which are trying to get evacuated, and the other team preventing that team from being evacuated. The Evac team were the Marines, and the aliens were trying to stop us escaping that colony. So very fun, we were all huddled together in a group, moving slowly, trying to ensure that we all made it out alive. If you die, you're out until the next round. I remember in one game where I was the only one able to make it to the Evac zone. Best moment of my life.

sigh I couldn't find a match on ps3 we will have to try and arrange some friend playing, very frustrating...hopefully they patch it like they did the steam version as that had similar problems.

I tried the PS3 version once. Couldn't find an online game. Haven't tried since.

Can't seem to find a game on the PS3 version

sigh I couldn't find a match on ps3 we will have to try and arrange some friend playing, very frustrating...hopefully they patch it like they did the steam version as that had similar problems.

I tried the PS3 version once. Couldn't find an online game. Haven't tried since.

Likewise!

Whats the point of an online demo if you can't play the damn thing! :shakehead

The demo is a bit crap anyway so you're not missing much. Got good expectations for the game, despite the limitations I had some good games this evening! The demo needs a tutorial and Team Deathmatch though, in it's current state it's likely to turn more people off than it draws in. The learning curve is quite high so Deathmatch was a really stupid choice of mode for the demo...

Looks like i'm the only one who enjoyed it haha. Maybe it's because i've never played an AvP game and the Aliens/Predator movies are like my favourite ever so i'm probably biased.

I must say i've played it pretty extensively and haven't had any problems with it. After all it is a demo. The weird thing is I thought i'd be bothered about the distance you can get stabbed in the back but i'm not. The way I see it i'm going to get killed in the back anyway, if i'm not looking that way the distance they got me from is irrelevant. It's like complaining that you got shot in the back from far off on CoD or whatever. You're still going to die whatever distance it is. I think you can break free from being grabbed anyway. That happens pretty rarely to me though considering i'm very twitchy and ALWAYS look around. I'm loving the atmosphere of the game more than anything, hearing pulse rifles and screams echoing in the background. Shitting myself that there's something on my motion tracker, not seeing anything only to discover a predator cloaked right next to me. I also thought it'd be unbalanced but i've had the same amount of kills in every class, not many people i've played take advantage of blocking claw swipes whereas I do. I can't really compare this to the previous games so I don't know what's the same and what isn't. I found it weird that the melee attack 'homes' in. It's a bit cheap but that's what the block is for.

I can totally understand why some people don't like it. I probably wouldn't if didn't really give a crap about the franchise. Hey ho :)

Looks like i'm the only one who enjoyed it haha. Maybe it's because i've never played an AvP game and the Aliens/Predator movies are like my favourite ever so i'm probably biased.

I must say i've played it pretty extensively and haven't had any problems with it. After all it is a demo. The weird thing is I thought i'd be bothered about the distance you can get stabbed in the back but i'm not. The way I see it i'm going to get killed in the back anyway, if i'm not looking that way the distance they got me from is irrelevant. It's like complaining that you got shot in the back from far off on CoD or whatever. You're still going to die whatever distance it is. I think you can break free from being grabbed anyway. That happens pretty rarely to me though considering i'm very twitchy and ALWAYS look around. I'm loving the atmosphere of the game more than anything, hearing pulse rifles and screams echoing in the background. Shitting myself that there's something on my motion tracker, not seeing anything only to discover a predator cloaked right next to me. I also thought it'd be unbalanced but i've had the same amount of kills in every class, not many people i've played take advantage of blocking claw swipes whereas I do. I can't really compare this to the previous games so I don't know what's the same and what isn't. I found it weird that the melee attack 'homes' in. It's a bit cheap but that's what the block is for.

I can totally understand why some people don't like it. I probably wouldn't if didn't really give a crap about the franchise. Hey ho :)

That all sounds amazing and just what I want from a Aliens game, just wish I could find a game on the demo..ah well perhaps I'll just go back and play the old one. Or Alien Trilogy on me playstation :heh:

That all sounds amazing and just what I want from a Aliens game, just wish I could find a game on the demo..ah well perhaps I'll just go back and play the old one. Or Alien Trilogy on me playstation :heh:

Nooo noo, read what I wrote about it, his fandomness is blinding him!:wink: it's a really sloppyily made demo. Do not judge the final product from this crap.

Aliens: Colonial Marines on the other hand will (hopefully) be the ultimate alien experience when that comes out next year.

From what I can tell it's actually a very solid multiplayer game that's not really suited to free-for-all.

I can see why they didn't include a tutorial — that's what the singleplayer is for, and making a demo of that would be rather troublesome — but I think you'd see far more positivity surrounding the demo if it had been team based. As is you're just thrown into an arena without much idea of how to play your character and no one on your side to learn from.

Nooo noo, read what I wrote about it, his fandomness is blinding him!:wink: it's a really sloppyily made demo. Do not judge the final product from this crap.

Aliens: Colonial Marines on the other hand will (hopefully) be the ultimate alien experience when that comes out next year.

See I'm a bit of an Alien fanboy to lol. I saw the game at Eurogamer Expo and sure it did look a bit rough around the ages but looked a hell of a lot of fun.