NEurope
Dante

Aliens vs. Predator

Agreed. I've been watching through the Alien and Predator films recently after picking up the 2 Alien vs Predator films (which I've heard are awful?!), thought I'd treat myself to the awesome before I have to put myself through the awful.

Man up Viper!

apone1.jpg

They're comin out the goddamn walls!!

Agreed. I've been watching through the Alien and Predator films recently after picking up the 2 Alien vs Predator films (which I've heard are awful?!), thought I'd treat myself to the awesome before I have to put myself through the awful.

To be fair to the first AvP it wasn't THAT bad. It was pretty average and it had Bishop in it. It kinda ties in the origins of Weyland Yutini (Corporation in Aliens/3). Aside from the cheesiness of the actors and script it was bearable, like the first Resident Evil. The 2nd however, is another story entirely. It is definitely in my top 5 worst films ever. There was nothing good about it and it just destroyed both franchises. The ending annoyed me more than anything as it set up ANOTHER sequel with the Yutini corporation. Why Fox keep giving these franchises to retarded directors is beyond me, it's like they want them to die a slow and painful death. As for Rodriguez' Predators, god knows. I have no hope whatsoever on that one and I just don't get why it has to happen at all. Just hope Ridley Scott knows what he's doing with Alien: Origins.

They're comin out the goddamn walls!!

To be fair to the first AvP it wasn't THAT bad. It was pretty average and it had Bishop in it. It kinda ties in the origins of Weyland Yutini (Corporation in Aliens/3). Aside from the cheesiness of the actors and script it was bearable, like the first Resident Evil. The 2nd however, is another story entirely. It is definitely in my top 5 worst films ever. There was nothing good about it and it just destroyed both franchises. The ending annoyed me more than anything as it set up ANOTHER sequel with the Yutini corporation. Why Fox keep giving these franchises to retarded directors is beyond me, it's like they want them to die a slow and painful death. As for Rodriguez' Predators, god knows. I have no hope whatsoever on that one and I just don't get why it has to happen at all. Just hope Ridley Scott knows what he's doing with Alien: Origins.

Well I've never watched either of the AvP films but will get round to them soonish...been watching them here and there man Alien and Aliens are cracking films...3 is pretty decentish...

I actually like 3 the most. Resurrection though....ugh.

Yeah Resurrection is meh totally...had an arguement with my mate about it who thought its one of the best just because of the sheer concept of a cloned ripley.

Yeah Resurrection is meh totally...had an arguement with my mate about it who thought its one of the best just because of the sheer concept of a cloned ripley.

Surely that makes it the worst? I mean how the hell did they clone her after she fell into molten metal lol. Alien 3 was ok but again it just didn't need to happen.

Surely that makes it the worst? I mean how the hell did they clone her after she fell into molten metal lol. Alien 3 was ok but again it just didn't need to happen.

Exactly...its BS basically....Yeah Alien 3 is good enough just doesn't stand up to the other 2 films in my opinion...

anyway back to the game is on the showfloor at Eurogamer Expo so will be posting my views etc...

ViPeR, you toilet duck, they explain in Resurrection how they cloned her. They had blood samples that were kept on ice from the Prison Planet. How conveeeenient. Still, I agree, Resurrection sucks arse. In fact, it sucks the worse kind of arse. It sucks shitty arse from backside of an elephant.

AvP is a pretty decent film. However, it isn't anywhere near the same league as the first three Alien films or both Predator films? Why? It's too damn short. It needed to be longer, and so little time was spent on character development and giving you an indepth or more complete film. This film is around about one whole hour plus shorter than Aliens...how did Fox let this happen? We could and should have had something better, but what we do get is still an enjoyable film.

The second film however...complete garbage. From the trailers, it actually seems quite promising. More edgey, more violent and action-orientated. But, the end product is laughable. Maybe I need to watch it a few more times to enjoy it, but I almost cried when I saw it for the first time. One of the worst films I've seen at the cinema, if not the worst. I still do not understand why I hated it so much. Everything, every single aspect of that film is bad. Bad characters, bad dialogue, no suspense, no tension. No care for who lives or dies. It's the ultimate soul-less film.

As for Alien Resurrection, there just isn't enough time in the world to talk about that. Thankfully, it is better than AvP2. But, it's still crap, in my opinion. In fact, to even be in the same series as its predecessors is an insult to those films. It just seems very ordinary. Again, no suspense, no care for who lives or dies, and the dialogue has to be heard to be believed.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I'll give Resurrection some defence: at least it looked good. It was beautifully shot, Weaver once again put 100% into Ripley despite her being technically a completely different person. I loved the little humorous moments from her like ''This ships even older than I am'' and ''What happened to you..?'', ''I died.''

The ending, when we finally arrived on Earth and she said ''I'm a stranger here myself'', was a nice touch.

But overall the film was pretty mediocre, I still see it as a few major steps above the AvP films.

Anyway off topic aside this game will be bad ass, I'll be jumping into the marines campaign first for some motion tracking, pulse rifling, suspense filled FPSing.

I loved the little humorous moments from her like ''This ships even older than I am'' and ''What happened to you..?'', ''I died.''

The ending, when we finally arrived on Earth and she said ''I'm a stranger here myself'', was a nice touch.

Take a bow Joss Whedon.

I'm no graphics whore but personally I think this looks REALLY good visually. I'm quite surprised but then again Sega have always been good in that respect (i.e F-Zero GX). I really want to see what this looks like in motion.

I'm no graphics whore but personally I think this looks REALLY good visually. I'm quite surprised but then again Sega have always been good in that respect (i.e F-Zero GX). I really want to see what this looks like in motion.

From a caption on Eurogamer - The game doesn't really do these screens justice: grainy textures, flat lighting and a chugging frame rate were all noticeable.

From a caption on Eurogamer - The game doesn't really do these screens justice: grainy textures, flat lighting and a chugging frame rate were all noticeable.

That's disappointing. Hey ho the gameplay is sounding good enough.

Had a quick go on this at Eurogamer. Seems ok, still needs a bit of polish. I played a deathmatch, 2 were aliens and 2 were marines. The Aliens are really fast and could run up walls and shit. The Marines were your typical heavy weapons dudes packing some serious firepower. Should be pretty good when its finally released.

Had a quick go on this at Eurogamer. Seems ok, still needs a bit of polish. I played a deathmatch, 2 were aliens and 2 were marines. The Aliens are really fast and could run up walls and shit. The Marines were your typical heavy weapons dudes packing some serious firepower. Should be pretty good when its finally released.

How the hell did you get on every time me and mike went it was rammed!

Just jumped on when someone left, I was waiting ages mind.

It was the same with the GoW III demo, I had to be a bit assertive or I simply would not have had a go. Those nerds are ruthless.

To true, was annoying!

Was funny that the easiest games to get to play on were all on the Wii...

To true, was annoying!

Was funny that the easiest games to get to play on were all on the Wii...

That's funny why? Because they're all shit? Because it was a "hardcore" expo and they don't play Nintendo games?!

Anyways, really like the universe of this. And even though Anderson is a bit of a fucktard and ruined the films, I STILL think there's legs in the idea...though maybe too much damage has been done for a good ten years. Don't even get me started in what Rodriguez is going to do to Preadtor(s)...

But anyways, game looks pretty good. All hands on seem to point to it being a bit shabby but insanely fun!! Fine by me!

That's funny why? Because they're all shit? Because it was a "hardcore" expo and they don't play Nintendo games?!

1. There is no need for a OTT reaction like that. Everyone has an opinion you know.

2. I found it funny because out of all the games the ones quickest to play on were on the Wii, just like if it was for another console i would of found it funny. (However the Wii did have the poorest selection of games, New Super Mario bros was ok though)

3. I never said they were all shit.

4. There was plenty of people there who like Nintendo games, they just like the others more.

Edited by Mike1988uk

You thought that was an OTT reaction? Bloody hell! Although I found it an odd comment, I actually did want to know what you meant

You thought that was an OTT reaction? Bloody hell! Although I found it an odd comment, I actually did want to know what you meant

Ok, well yeah i did think it was abit of a over reaction but thats just my opinion :p . It was slightly a 'in comment' between me and flameboy coz we were talking about it at the expo as well.

Anyway back to the game, although i never actually played it at the expo i did plenty of watching and it did seem pretty interesting, but i do think i would actually have to play it to make a proper opinion.

Just a quick question: Does the game still stay fluid when the Aliens are running fast, and stuffsss?

There were quite a few games of AVP2 that I played in the past (online) where the Aliens would be on one side of the screen, jump or run and would be on the other side, halfway up the wall. I could never tell if this was a problem purely down to slight lag or delay, or if the animation just wasn't...overly amazing.

I know the Aliens are meant to be supremely fast, but I don't think 2 had the balance quite right. It would be good to know if this balanced has been sorted for 3.