N-Europe

Need For Speed Nitro

Ren of Heavens

I don't think it looks to bad. Granted, it does look like you're constantly on the accelerator but it reminds me of the old Burnout titles slightly and Outrun a little. It does look good in motion, even if the environments do look rather 'cartoony'. Want to see/hear more about the whole de Blob-esque gameplay aspect.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ding Ding Ding! First reviews are in, as the game was released in the United States today.

GamePro awarded the game a score of 4/5, praising it's Breakneck speeds and awesome co-op/competitive multiplayer, while criticising the muddy visuals and shallow single player campaign.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/212801/need-for-speed-nitro/

I don't think it looks too bad visually tbh.... *runs and hides for cover*

Trust me, when/if you get to play it for yourself, you'll appreciate how dire it looks.

Saying that, it's a pretty fun racer! I didn't get long on it at the Eurogamer Expo, but I think it's definitely one more suited to multiplayer. I'm sure it had items or weapons, but I couldn't work out how to activate them.

Trust me, when/if you get to play it for yourself, you'll appreciate how dire it looks.

Saying that, it's a pretty fun racer! I didn't get long on it at the Eurogamer Expo, but I think it's definitely one more suited to multiplayer. I'm sure it had items or weapons, but I couldn't work out how to activate them.

Do you have to play it with the wii wheel or can you use the classic controller or GC pad? Also, is it online?

looks great from the videos. don't understand the graphics complaints yet.

It just felt totally bland. I appreciate that they've gone for a more comic approach than the realism of previous NFS games, but it totally lacks character. A missed opportunity.

There's no online in the game, and the reason I dislike the art style is, like Tellyn said, it looks totally bland, lacking in style.

Lack of online is a bit poop to be honest. I think they've tried to do something different with the graphics, but considering how good certain racing games looked on the XBOX or even PS2 it's a bit of a sad state that no one has done anything decent for the Wii with just nice, clean and polished realistic looks.