NEurope
Ren of Heavens

Need For Speed Nitro

"The second NFS franchise to rise from Black Box's ashes is Need for Speed Nitro (working title), an arcade racer being crafted by the Boogie-makers at EA Montreal. Set for release exclusively on Nintendo's Wii and DS, the game will sport a "unique visual style" and, like Need for Speed Shift, will sport many real-world automotive licenses. Also like Shift, it will ship in North American this fall."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6203924.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

Need 4 Speed KartZ. A family orientated karting game, where you and up to 3 other players waggle the remote as fast as you can to build up speed for your custom kart.

Probably not!

I hope this is online, supports classic controls and the unique visual style makes it looks as cool as CAPCOM's Auto-Modelista.

Not bothered about Classic control, but I certainly hope this turns out to be a decent racer for the Wii. It's a serious hole in the Wii catalogue for me. I adore Mario Kart and Excite Truck, but after those there's nothing.

I'd much rather see a Burnout title, but if EA can put a bit of effort in we might be in for a surprise treat. Then again, after FIFA 09, best not get one's hopes up eh?

Need for Speed 2 is the best one I've played. And I played that on the PC... and I don't even really like realistic type racers. NFS 2 was great fun though, just a pure racer where you could also unlock things like a school bus and a toilet. :laughing: They need to reboot the NFS line back to something like that, seriously. Cut the "cool" Fast and the Furious crap.

Need for Speed: Road Challenge had the best level design in any racing game I've experienced. I'm just praying the graphics won't turn out to be some god-awful cel shading. I've had enough of that in GT Pro series.

This game should quite simply be everything Need for Speed has stood for. Fun tracks, destructable cars, cool replays, tuning cars, police chases. The whole open world idea sucks, so I hope they focus more on traditional tracks.

Need for Speed: Road Challenge had the best level design in any racing game I've experienced. I'm just praying the graphics won't turn out to be some god-awful cel shading. I've had enough of that in GT Pro series.

I remember loving the look of Auto Modellista back when I saw it in an old issue of CUBE Magazine (it was such as shame we didn't get that game on the GC :() but I would definitely be a little more interested in a new Need for Speed game if it looked like that :heh: ..GT Pro Series looked very weak in comparison..

I remember loving the look of Auto Modellista back when I saw it in an old issue of CUBE Magazine (it was such as shame we didn't get that game on the GC :() but I would definitely be a little more interested in a new Need for Speed game if it looked like that :heh: ..GT Pro Series looked very weak in comparison..

Auto Modellista was on the GC! It just never came to Europe due to it's poor performance elsewhere I believe!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_Modellista

Auto Modellista was on the GC! It just never came to Europe due to it's poor performance elsewhere I believe!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_Modellista

I know that :heh: ..that's why I said we didn't get it.. and I did say I saw it in CUBE Magazine after all : peace:

I was really looking forward to it actually.. but come to think of it I could always have a look at getting it from somewhere and investing in a freeloader :idea:

..maybe :heh: I might just have a go at the PS2 version some day if I get the chance :smile:

ign: ps2 7.0

gamecube 5.5

wonder why the gc version scored inferior? oh well.

The GC version was a port of the PS2 'Tuned' version which included online - the GC didn't have that.

I know that :heh: ..that's why I said we didn't get it.. and I did say I saw it in CUBE Magazine after all : peace:

I was really looking forward to it actually.. but come to think of it I could always have a look at getting it from somewhere and investing in a freeloader :idea:

..maybe :heh: I might just have a go at the PS2 version some day if I get the chance :smile:

AM got negative critique for the PS2, because the cars supposedly handled like refridgerators.

The first screen for NFS: Nitro are out.

needforspeednitrowii001_518598737.jpg

While the other formats get a highly realistic game, this game will follow the old arcade-ish NFS tradition with customisable cars and other stuff.

But look at the friggin' screen! It's horrendous. We allready have Mariokart, Excitetruck and soon Excitebots:mad:

And after this EA will probably wonder why nobody bought the damn thing.

Why can't EA just release a prettier version of Need for Speed 4:

nfshspc_003-large.jpgneedforspeed4highstakesoa7.jpg

What are your thoughts about this game?

But look at the friggin' screen! It's horrendous.

What screen? All I see is a promotional image of a car that doesn't tell us anything about the game, except that it'll arcadey (which we already knew) and therefore probably better than Shift (but it may still be utter s***).

bet this sucks, NFS lost its way ages ago, however there may be hope with the reports lately of EA wanting to bring better software to the Wii.

bet this sucks, NFS lost its way ages ago, however there may be hope with the reports lately of EA wanting to bring better software to the Wii.

Apparently the PS3/360 NFS game is looking VERY promising. This however will be shite.

Why's that a horrendous screen? It looks as if the game's gonna have a very specific art style! kinda semi-cel-shaded or something!

Anyways, I'll wait for proper screens.

Apparently the PS3/360 NFS game is looking VERY promising. This however will be shite.

It just looks like EA's GRID, nothing that special looking about it other than pretty visuals.

Edited by Retro_Link

It just looks like EA's GRID, nothing that special looking about it other than pretty visuals.

I listened to Invisible Walls the other day, I forget which epidsode and they were VERY impressed with the way it's shaping up.

GRID is Codemasters ;) Looking forward a whola lotta mora to DIRT 2.

I agree with Darkjak. Where's the market for this? Haven't EA already released My Sims Kart Racing? So this is for the kids that are too old for Mii-ripoffs, but not old enough for the real thing? Good assessment EA!

EA seem keen to run this franhcise into the dirt. Even the PS3 one seems odd. They cant seem to decided who it will appeal to. GRID was awful, the cars effectively had one tire physics.

EA seem keen to run this franhcise into the dirt. Even the PS3 one seems odd. They cant seem to decided who it will appeal to. GRID was awful, the cars effectively had one tire physics.

Grid was one kick ass game. The controlls might not have been as realistic as the graphics, but the cars were huge fun to drive, apart from the drifting sections.

What I've heard of NFS:Shift is that it'll be realistic, which is a good thing.

And yeah, that promo picture looks awful. Why deform the gorgeous Challenger to make it look toony? That's not a "unique graphical style", it's blasphemy, and something really mean to do when Chrysler might go bust and get sold to the communists any day.

GRID is Codemasters ;) Looking forward a whola lotta mora to DIRT 2.
Yeah I know, I was saying this basically looks like EA's [version of] GRID.

GRID was awful, the cars effectively had one tire physics.

Did you turn off driving assists?