NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Things which don't make sense in films

Nobody can survive a nuclear blast in a fridge.

How do you know that? Have you tried it?

also, in the final battle they all get coverd in cuts and damage, but then, mere moments later, they are in there ball gowns without a flaw in sight.

Make up can cover anything.

an deep, open, bleeding cut?

i highly doubt it.

You've got a lot to learn.

Works the same way as pollifilla and paint.

I'm pretty sure there is a limit to the type of injury/wound that make up can cover up. If not then someone please get on the phone to people like Simon Weston and tell them that we've got the answer to all their problems. It's at Boots for £7.99.

I'm pretty sure there is a limit to the type of injury/wound that make up can cover up. If not then someone please get on the phone to people like Simon Weston and tell them that we've got the answer to all their problems. It's at Boots for £7.99.

you, sir, are on fire today :heh:

I think I'd rather pass on the makeup - its bad for normal skin not to mention open wounds! :shakehead

There's no limit, no saying it is healthy and it will promote recovery, can cover it in the short term though.

you, sir, are on fire today :heh:

I think I'd rather pass on the makeup - its bad for normal skin not to mention open wounds! :shakehead

You must be using the wrong stuff.

Mulan

There are occasions where Mushu is in plain sight of many people, my main example being when Mulan is trying to think of her male name. You see Mushu popping up behind her head, and when it cuts to her face from the front you can see other soldiers not far away.

My theory is that Mushu can appear invisible when he chooses, although this is never explained/implied.

Dragons aren't that big a deal in China.

There's no limit, no saying it is healthy and it will promote recovery, can cover it in the short term though.

You must be using the wrong stuff.

Well I do have a skin condition too. Surely nothing that blocks up your pores can be healthy.

Just the thought of having make up on my skin makes me feel sick tbh.

(this is why my complexion is as good as it is - i've never had a problem with spots)

Apocalypse now, the last 15 minutes drag one for hours! It's a tear in the space-time continuum.

fail.:blank:

Ghostbusters 2 - I watched it last night and while it's a good movie one thing strikes me the most.... how in the hell do they manage to use a NES/SNES control stick to movie the statue of liberty through the streets of new york? And for that fact, how do they manage to get from the museum to the statue quick enough to still be able to stop Vigo? And why would the baby crawl along the ledge outside the window of the penthouse of a 7 storey-ish building?

Argh...... stop it! Must stop poking holes in one of my favourite movies.

There's no limit? Actually, yes, if you gashed someone's aorta the pressure would rupture any superficial makeup plaque you had applied.

Ghostbusters 2 - I watched it last night and while it's a good movie one thing strikes me the most.... how in the hell do they manage to use a NES/SNES control stick to movie the statue of liberty through the streets of new york? And for that fact, how do they manage to get from the museum to the statue quick enough to still be able to stop Vigo? And why would the baby crawl along the ledge outside the window of the penthouse of a 7 storey-ish building?

Argh...... stop it! Must stop poking holes in one of my favourite movies.

Eh, I'm not sure if you can poke these kinds of holes in a surreal action comedy. But if you must, you could argue that the baby was possessed, they just coated the NES arcade stick, which was covered in circuitry and 'hax' in the same positive ectoplasm slime stuff that brought the statue to life and to be fair, a living 150ft tall statue would take pretty big steps.

The single biggest culprit of "not making sense" is the following word...

Medichlorians

And with that ONE word...utter FAIL came to mind. I googled it for the craic and the sort of crap you can find online is disgusting...

Here's the rub. These medichlorians are supposed to reside in the cell of all living things, but then they are in higher concentrations in force sensitive beings. From a viral point of view, this looks like they consume the force generated by the host. If that is the case, the medichlorians are merely a by-product of force sensitivity. I believe that the force sensitivity grows mediclorians and is not dependant of them. Anyone can be a jedi, physically, but the Temple would look for the right mental and emotional readiness to train a jedi. That is why Yoda didn't want Anakin or Luke to be trained.

From a fan perspective, the medichlorian introduction is exclusionary. We all wanted to be a jedi when we were young and to say that you had to win the genetic lottery to be one is wrong. Another arguement is that C'Boath's clone was a force wielder, yet the cloning process wouldn't create medichlorians. In fact, it would create "clean" cells.

Now...I could get away with the original explanation. (Surrounds us, binds us etc...) But...after that? Worst. Idea. Ever.

Ok:

Also: - 4,659,000 points for having the downright cheek to criticise one of the greatest movies ever made.

Dude, I wasn't being serious or criticising the film.

Something that annoyed me was the way they mercilessly killed off Hicks and Newt in Alien 3. But that wasn't a plot hole or goof so much as the worst crime in history ever committed

I think that was a gutsy move and IMO paid off well.

I think that was a gutsy move and IMO paid off well.
Meh, it wasn't gutsy, it was probably that they couldn't get/afford the same actors again.

Meh, it wasn't gutsy, it was probably that they couldn't get/afford the same actors again.

A common misconception...

What actually happened was this: Someone decided to watch The Terminator and Aliens at the same time and when Michael Biehn shot a time traveling cyborg and a xenomorph with a pump action shotgun at the same time he broke the space/awesome continuum and was never seen again untill years later, after returning from decades spent in alternate dimensions having wild adventures as a space mercenary and having sex with funky disco aliens he returned to Earth and made Planet Terror

as for Newt...she probably grew up and didn't look the part.

Dragons aren't that big a deal in China.

Small talking dragons weren't commonplace from what I've heard.

Small talking dragons weren't commonplace from what I've heard.

Their pretty much everywhere these days. It's kind of embarassing. You'll be walking down the street and there's like, a million dragons trying to sell you a watch or a stolen computer.

As for the Aliens thing... Michael Biehn was so disgusted after all the emotional investment people had in his character that he made them pay as much for the single file photo they used of him in Alien 3 as he received for the whole of Aliens.

Good on you.

A common misconception...

What actually happened was this: Someone decided to watch The Terminator and Aliens at the same time and when Michael Biehn shot a time traveling cyborg and a xenomorph with a pump action shotgun at the same time he broke the space/awesome continuum and was never seen again untill years later, after returning from decades spent in alternate dimensions having wild adventures as a space mercenary and having sex with funky disco aliens he returned to Earth and made Planet Terror

as for Newt...she probably grew up and didn't look the part.

Hmm-hmm. The entras/features in the Alien Quadrilogy kinda explain that...they just didn't want them in it. I'm glad they aren't in it, but of course it leaves you a bit cold. However, I think it's a jarring and effective scene-setter for the tone of the film.

They planned out this kinda family of Alien killers, which imo would have been worse/cheesier than them just dying.

it's a jarring and effective scene-setter for the tone of the film.

It absolutely sets the right tone.

The tone is that it's a big slap in the face for anyone who watched the first two.

It absolutely sets the right tone.

The tone is that it's a big slap in the face for anyone who watched the first two.

I don't see what else in the film is a slap in the face.

I mean, I'm realistic, it's not a patch on the first two. I always recommend the first 2, they're absoltae classics in their genres. I say the 3rd is optional, watch it if you're a fan of the first 2, and the fourth is good for a laugh. :heh:

The main thing wrong with the 3rd is the rubbish cgi, for me. The Alien looks...yellow..? It's odd. Unnecesarry.

I don't see what else in the film is a slap in the face.

I mean, I'm realistic, it's not a patch on the first two. I always recommend the first 2, they're absoltae classics in their genres. I say the 3rd is optional, watch it if you're a fan of the first 2, and the fourth is good for a laugh. :heh:

Actually, I've always considered the fourth film to be something of a tearjerker. As in "It's so bad, I just want to cry myself to sleep and have nightmares."

It's like they opened Ridley Scott and James Cameron's graves before they're even dead and urinated on the earth.

Still, if ever there were two good films to damn the interference of the movie industry with, then you need look no further.

The single biggest culprit of "not making sense" is the following word...

Medichlorians

And with that ONE word...utter FAIL came to mind. I googled it for the craic and the sort of crap you can find online is disgusting...

Here's the rub. These medichlorians are supposed to reside in the cell of all living things, but then they are in higher concentrations in force sensitive beings. From a viral point of view, this looks like they consume the force generated by the host. If that is the case, the medichlorians are merely a by-product of force sensitivity. I believe that the force sensitivity grows mediclorians and is not dependant of them. Anyone can be a jedi, physically, but the Temple would look for the right mental and emotional readiness to train a jedi. That is why Yoda didn't want Anakin or Luke to be trained.

From a fan perspective, the medichlorian introduction is exclusionary. We all wanted to be a jedi when we were young and to say that you had to win the genetic lottery to be one is wrong. Another arguement is that C'Boath's clone was a force wielder, yet the cloning process wouldn't create medichlorians. In fact, it would create "clean" cells.

Now...I could get away with the original explanation. (Surrounds us, binds us etc...) But...after that? Worst. Idea. Ever.

Star Wars Defense Force to the rescue!

How does that not make sense? Like it or not, there's nothing about it that doesn't make sense. Force != Midichlorians, so they interfere nothing about the concept of the Force surrounding us, etc...

Yeah, the Midichlorians make perfect sense. They still completely ruined the whole mythology behind the Force, but they make sense.