NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Things which don't make sense in films

This isn't about lil' things like continuity errors, but potentially weird plot shit. I have a few examples. There may be spoilers ahead.

Con Air: When Cyrus is strapped to the ladder and crashes into the restaurant bridge thingy, you see him crash through and out the other end, which would imply he'd fall onto the road. Instead he ends up in some factory/rubbish thing which pimpsmacks his head.

Liar Liar: Max makes the wish for Jim Carrey not to lie, yet Max has no reason to believe his dad would lie. It's just he keeps letting his son down.

Blue Streak: There was no mention of Martin Lawrence hiding the diamond in the police station to the actual police themselves, yet Luke Wilson was able to piece everything together at the end.

People. Talk To Me.

Liar Liar: Max makes the wish for Jim Carrey not to lie, yet Max has no reason to believe his dad would lie. It's just he keeps letting his son down.

At the start, he says his Dad's job is to be a "liar." Does he mean lawyer, or liar, nobody knows. Both.

Jim Carey chooses his work over his son. Therefore, his son chooses to take away the one thing that means a lot to his Dad: The power to lie.

He can't lie, so he can't work. In the end, he learns the value of truth, wins that court case successfully and realises his feelings for his son.

At the start, he says his Dad's job is to be a "liar." Does he mean lawyer, or liar, nobody knows. Both.

Jim Carey chooses his work over his son. Therefore, his son chooses to take away the one thing that means a lot to his Dad: The power to lie.

He can't lie, so he can't work. In the end, he learns the value of truth, wins that court case successfully and realises his feelings for his son.

The kid's 5, he don't know shit between the words liar and lawyer. Also I don't think he knows he lies when he works, wasn't really explained.

The kid's 5, he don't know shit between the words liar and lawyer. Also I don't think he knows he lies when he works, wasn't really explained.

The kid probably does know, although it's never shown explicitly. Also, Jim Carey keeps making promises, then failing to keep them. Saying you'll be somewhere, and then not being there could be seen as lying, too. Making false promises.

That's probably it, too.

Don't be a f00l, Eevil. This film rocks, and you know eet. :heh:

I think Flinky was trying to say (although its been years since I've watched the film) the kid was asking for his dad to no longer be a lawyer but being a child he says liar (because thats what he thinks the name of his dad's job is, chances are he doesn't know the actual meaning of "liar", or if he does he's never contemplated that it isn't a job) and thus due to him saying "liar" (meaning lawyer) Jim Carrey can no longer lie. Hilarity ensues.

He says he can't lie. So why does he inexplicably tell the truth for no reason, like he has turrets. The kid said not to lie, not involuntarily tell the truth! WINDS ME UP!!!!

I suppose because part of the curse would be when he would lie he involuntarily tells the truth instead. Because really...what else is there? Truth or lie?

Does Jim Carey ever shut up?

(and im going to presume the grammatical error in the title is ironic)

He says he'll turn up to particular events but then doesn't, pretty much lying.

My point would be to do with the Matrix (1)...Neo acts nothing like 'the one' up until Trinity realises he must be. Which makes you think, how does that work? Neo is the one but only acts like the one as soon as some dominatrix says so? Don't think so, joker.

Does Jim Carey ever shut up?

(and im going to presume the grammatical error in the title is ironic)

He shouldn't, absolute legend.

Star wars

so you cut off the head of the snake...oh wait, a vast empire, dead because it's leader is? saaaaaaaaaay what!

also, the design flaw of death star

He says he'll turn up to particular events but then doesn't, pretty much lying.

My point would be to do with the Matrix (1)...Neo acts nothing like 'the one' up until Trinity realises he must be. Which makes you think, how does that work? Neo is the one but only acts like the one as soon as some dominatrix says so? Don't think so, joker.

He can only do er... One-ish stuff when he truly believes that he his The One, when someone he has the hots for believes in it, he believes in it too.

Star wars

so you cut off the head of the snake...oh wait, a vast empire, dead because it's leader is? saaaaaaaaaay what!

also, the design flaw of death star

And where in the movies do they show the empire dying?

Not to mention it's still alive after hundreds of years in the expanded universe.

Design flaw takes a bit more suspension of disbelief though, but it's believable. On the first Death Star, not only was the flaw supposed to be secret, even if it wasn't, it would take a small group of fighters to go through a ginourmous fleet filled with motherships, fighters not to mention Death Star's own turbolasers.

The second one I'm not too sure right now (damned cold) but they could only get in because it was under construction, otherwise they couldn't. Not to mention with the shield up, it wouldn't make a difference.

He can only do er... One-ish stuff when he truly believes that he his The One, when someone he has the hots for believes in it, he believes in it too.

Might be wrong but I'm thought they were in different rooms when she made the remark.

Might be wrong but I'm thought they were in different rooms when she made the remark.

It happened when he was in the matrix and was shot and Trinity is standing over babbling something about the one over him in the "real world"

I really don't get why were spoiler taggin the matrix, it came out 9 years ago. I'd say after 3-5 years something becomes fair game.

It was supposed to be romantic or some shit, but the point still stands.

In Die Hard. I think it's the first guy Bruce kills, but in the dramatic build up to it, the baddie doesn't cock his weapon until he hears the second suspicious sound. Always makes me laugh.

Props to anyone who can find the clip for me.

It was supposed to be romantic or some shit, but the point still stands.

That it was, but still too coincidentally-timed for me to be buying it as making sense. ;)

Blue Streak: There was no mention of Martin Lawrence hiding the diamond in the police station to the actual police themselves, yet Luke Wilson was able to piece everything together at the end.

People. Talk To Me.

Well, they couldn't find it could they. The police obviously did an investigation in the building where Lawrence was caught, just after he hid the diamond, and don't you think they would be wondering where such an expensive diamond was? But they didn't find it, the police station just happened to be built using that building. Once Wilson knew who Lawrence really was it wouldn't have been hard to piece it together.

The Terminator.

After the car chase scene where Kyle Reese was arrested and the Terminator crashed into a wall, why didn't he get out, kill all the cops, Reese and then Sarah Connor? He had a great chance there and then.

Why did he go off to take his eye out and put sunglasses on?

Some people say it's because he needed repairs, but surely he would have still been able to take out a few cops.

Bet no-one can explain that.

By the way, any time travel aspects shouldn't be allowed in this thread as they always create anomalies.

I really don't get why were spoiler taggin the matrix, it came out 9 years ago. I'd say after 3-5 years something becomes fair game.

Also anyone who hasn't seen The Matrix is a paedophile rapist murderer.

^ how very dare you! :heh: I haven't seen the matrix purely because I haven't gotten round to watching it yet and it really doesn't appeal to me. I might watch it at some point. Key word being might.

^ how very dare you! :heh: I haven't seen the matrix purely because I haven't gotten round to watching it yet and it really doesn't appeal to me. I might watch it at some point. Key word being might.

GASP!

The Matrix is....classic. :) Get on dat sheeee yo.