NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Things which don't make sense in films

Superman 2

Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial rate of 32 feet per second per second... Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel... Miss Lane who is now traveling at approximately 120 miles an hour hits them and lands softly when she should in theory be sliced into three equal pieces.

Superman 2

Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial rate of 32 feet per second per second... Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel... Miss Lane who is now traveling at approximately 120 miles an hour hits them and lands softly when she should in theory be sliced into three equal pieces.

Superman movies are filled with stuff like that.

Turning back time by inversing the rotation of the earth anyone?lol

Mamma Mia, there's this part in it that makes absolutely no sense... the part in which people actually like it.

And the part in people watching it.

Mamma Mia, there's this part in it that makes absolutely no sense... the part in which people actually like it.

I see your Mamma Mia and raise you...

HighSchoolMusical_Jewel.JPG

Ah, reminds me of another thing in The Matrix Reloaded:

When Morpheus and the Keymaker is standing on top of the two colliding trucks, Neo comes rushing in at hyperspeed, grabbing them by their neck collars and pulling them away. I always figured that would break their necks. :heh:

No because the scenario was supposed to be, Austin asks once, austin asks if he needs to ask two more times, austin asks two more times, Fez man doesn't answer as the three questions weren't consecutive. But Austin only ever asked twice yet both Austin and Felicity expected Fez to answer. And instead of saying, "You only asked me twice you daft twat." Fez explains about lines of questioning.

Maybe they cut a scene where he asked a second time after asking about the two extra times, then the scene would make sense.

Maybe they cut a scene where he asked a second time after asking about the two extra times, then the scene would make sense.

Which is what I thought at first. But why would they cut a small part that is crucial to the whole scenario?

I find it very easy: Austin and Felicity both believe that asking three times in a row regardless of the question itself forces him to answer the third question, but he disagrees about the way the policy works.

I find it very easy: Austin and Felicity both believe that asking three times in a row regardless of the question itself forces him to answer the third question, but he disagrees about the way the policy works.

The policy in itself is sound. It's just that in this case it wasn't shown pr0perly. Quotes shortened due to laziness.

Austin: "Where's the lair?" [ASK ONE]

Fez: "Blow Me."

Austin: "Do I have to ask you 2 more times?"

Fez: "I can't remember the answer"

Austin: "Where's the lair?" [ASK TWO]

Fez: "Suck my balls."

Felicity: "Aha! He asked three times."

But he didn't. Regardless of how he considers his policy works.

I really don't understand the confusion....Basically the way Dannyboy explained it sounds correct to me. Austin and Felicity were just confused.

The best part of Superman is the guy can hold two pieces of the Earth's crust together but then he makes it look like hard work when pulling a door off Lois' car.

I see your Mamma Mia and raise you...

HighSchoolMusical_Jewel.JPG

*shudders*

This one totally blows my mind.

That theory would also be awesome.

"Hello, how are you? Had a good day? What is your account number and sort code?"

That theory would also be awesome.

"Hello, how are you? Had a good day? What is your account number and sort code?"

But that's the way it is. There is no problem. Mustafa says himself that he can't stand being asked the same question three times. Austin and Felicity mistakenly believe that since they ask three questions in a row, he has to answer the third one. But as Mustafa explains in the following, it has to be the same line of questioning, i.e. the same question. After that he is killed and never answers the question. See? There is no problem.

The fact they mistakenly believe that, is what doesn't make sense in this film. Which I believe is what Moogle was getting at.

*shudders*

This one totally blows my mind.

It blows my mind in a totally different way. Love them. :D

How do you disprove that?

If you turn a clock back are you going backwards in time? It's the same damn principle.

If you turn a clock back are you going backwards in time? It's the same damn principle.

Not true. We can disprove that because we are able to turn a clock back. We are not able to turn the Earth the other way, thus we can never know if indeed it would rewind time or not.

Same principle though. For clarity, are we talking turn back events, or just time as 2 am-1 am-12 am-11 pm.

Same principle though. For clarity, are we talking turn back events, or just time as 2 am-1 am-12 am-11 pm.

Events. Like...everything happens in reverse.

Yea.....no that's not going to happen. I would have conceded that technically time would go back day become night, but not events.

Yea.....no that's not going to happen. I would have conceded that technically time would go back day become night, but not events.

I could do that myself. Just hop in a plane headed westward. Fly it fast enough and BAM! day is night, 8am is now 2am etc.

Prove it...

Gah! Will you stop with the "it's not true until you prove it" crap? It drives one insane.

We discover that the other dude is just an alter ego, a lot of the interactions they had together were impossible.

Are you being serious!?!

It was all in Norton's mind. It's not really possible for me to have a conversation with Godzilla, but if I'm crazy enough to truly believe that I am.....well I am. Norton's mind truly believed that Durden was around.

Thank you!!

Bloody hell, how obvious do people need films to be :D

PS Love you really Shino!

Yeah, but some of it doesn't make sense. Like when he hears Durden having sex with that girl. Obviously its him having sex with her, but we see him lying in bed unable to sleep because of the noise. He's not imaginging the sex, because she's there the next morning. So she must actually be shagging him and we just couldnt see her and he is obviously so messed up in the head he had no idea because in his head it was durden sleeping with her?

I dunno, many parts are like this, but meh. It's an awesome film and you dont notice these things until the second watch.

No, he has a split personality, one side he is shagging her. The other is hearing himself shag her!

This is one that's pissed me off for ages.

1:50-2:10

Austin asks the guy once, then says, "Do I reallly have to ask you two more times?". He then asks more and Felicity says that he has to answer because he asked him three times. And the Fez guy explains about it being in a new line of questions. BUT HE ONLY EVER ASKED HIM TWICE!!! The whole scene is a lie.

This is the LEAST of Austin Powers' problems!!!