N-Europe

^Video from PAX '09

what different does being on the ps2 make? is there that nagging feeling at the back of your mind that this can be done on the ps2 as well?

Yeah, I don't get this too... what difference does it make that its also comming to PS2?

Also, I'm pretty sure they mentioned this was comming to the PS2 a long time ago. I know they mentioned it in one of the interviews I watched from E3 and this game appeared on a release list from ubisoft at the start of the year as a "Wii/PS2" title ::shrug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely this isnt the final roster?

TMNT Smash Up's been released early in some retailers. Here's the rooster. It's probably complete. There are 16 characters. Leo, Don, Mike, Raph, April, Casey, Foot Ninja, Fugitoid, Karai, Shredder, Splinter, Utrominator, Nightwatcher, Rabbid, Another Rabbid, MORE MOTHERFUCKING RABBID!WHAT THE FUCK? Of the 16 available characters, three slots are Rabbids.

Thats from Gaf. If thats true its very weak.

Surely this isnt the final roster

Yeah sadly it is, it was leaked a few weeks ago somehow. I was going to post it but I wasnt sure since the official site for the game has twenty "?" spots for characters but with the game actually out now (thanks to a broken street date) it looks like its true.

I'm disapointed in the roster...if they were going to have such a small line-up why waste 3 of those on Rabbids? I think the game will still be fun though

The new Trailer is neat:

Edited by Helmsly

I love the rabbids. But it's an effing turtles game!! And I don't understand what one can do differently to the other... Surely the different looks should have been different costumes... It just baffles me when people undertake moronic behavior. Where are all our beloved Turtles characters? As a secret yeah it's funny, especially if they can be in their turtles outfit, but Rabbids have nothing to do with turtles and they're a major component of the game

I love the rabbids. But it's an effing turtles game!! And I don't understand what one can do differently to the other... Surely the different looks should have been different costumes... It just baffles me when people undertake moronic behavior. Where are all our beloved Turtles characters? As a secret yeah it's funny, especially if they can be in their turtles outfit, but Rabbids have nothing to do with turtles and they're a major component of the game

Surely you don't mean they play any role whatsoever in the campaigns or such?!

69 *snigger*

Well...what a waste this is... still peeved about 3 rabbids being in there and none of them being a turtke rabbid! What were they thinking? Why aren't there shit loads of characters?! Crazy stuff and now not being bought by me

Why complain about the number of characters? There are 13 TMNT characters, which isn't bad at all for the debut of a series. Sure, having the rabbids there is just silly, but they can be ignored, right?

You think 13 characters in a fighting game is good enough? Especially a 25th year anniversary of a series with so many loved and adored characters they've completely ignored? May I also add that there is a Metal Raph and a Cyber Shredder...so 4 characters are actually 2!

For a fighting game that's not a sequel, sure. Usually, 12 is a good number to start.

And yes, I think that's the case even if it is the celebration of a franchise. Super Smash Bros. started with 12, and Melee had 20 (if we exclude the clones).

Now, I do agree that adding the Rabbids was a dumb idea. I suppose Ubisoft isn't what it used to be.

And as for Cyber Shredder and Metal Raph... aren't they different characters from their originals, gameplay-wise?

a 6.9 sounds a bit harsh to be honest. I know it's inevitably going to be compared to smash bros but honestly the WHOLE review?

they said the character were more floatier than smash bros..Maybe the game wants to be compared and deserves to because of the similiarities in name etc.

Also Gametrailers were complaining about the character's not looking the same as the old cartoon "we" love..

now let's be fair here. Besides the fact that I think the old series has licensing difficulties in the US, why make a game from a dead series? You don't see the transformers games going for the old look either and or the chipmunks etc.

I felt it was kind of a bitchy review to be honest. Based on what i've seen it DOES look like a poor mans smash bros but from what I've heard it does improve on the on-line and for a first attempt it doesn't look half bad graphics wise. I'd like to see a sequel.

• 2 weeks later...

My copy arrived two days ago :D and I've only commenced engaging in on it's fun yesterday :yay:

Game's rather power-up indeed (gameplay wise, and all the modes it has to offer *tuts at SSBB* :nono: ).

I play with all the characters - like i do in the SSB series - but my favorite DUDE is Leo :laughing:

Gameplay wise, i can only say that it's its own brawl/smash fighting game. To be brief, it ROCKS (multiplayer off or on-line) for a first installment.

If there'll ever be a sequel let's just hope there's more choice o' characters, stages and more lively music (i mean C'MON.... IT's A FREAKIN' NINJA TURTLE GAME!).

But overall, if you have famiy and friends to play with, and/or you love playing on-line then you'll enjoy 'playing' this game :bowdown:

COWABUNGA DUDES :cool:

• 2 weeks later...