N-Europe

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG are they kidding!

They think this kinda stuff is what we want from the ultimate celebratory Turtles anniversary game!

Yeah...Strange decision IMO. Mind you, if I get to play as Jade with her bow staff against Donatello I may just implode.

Still... bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...

Still awaiting Krang!

Considering that's another TMNT movie character in the mix, it's looking less and less likely that we will see any of the old cartoon crew thrown in the mix.

If so it would be a hugely missed opportunity and not at all like the 'brawl' monicker this is imitating. Furthermore, if we had rabbids and not other characters I'd be pretty confused.

*Hopes*

Got a better impression of the game from this video, levels, modes, extras etc...

And they turned the glowing characters off!!!!

Technodrome ftw!! Hope you can go inside it, into that large chamber where plenty of fights took place in the cartoon and where Bebop and Rocksteady were created... also hope though two are unlockable!

But urgh... that is 'Krang' as far as they're concerned!

I'd also love a level on top of the Party Wagon as it tears round the streets (like the F-Zero level in Melee), with pop-up ejector seats to launch you into the air and pop-up mountable turrets etc..

That's not krang!!!!

Looking MUCH better, nice looking, much faster; hope it pulls it off. Is this confirmed online?

Long ago. That's the "purpose" of this game, to fix SSBB's mistakes (SSBB's online was fail so they want Smash Up's online to be better by 10-fold... that's one of the mistakes SSBB had).

Edited by Beverage

I was watching TMNT recently and a lot of the locales from the film are involved in this game - I was surprised to spot quite a few actually. Obviously the Raph/Leo roof battle is in there but the sewer level is all legit as well as the turtles home. Nice. The character models are really nice too and the textures etc all mimic the film very well.

I hope we see a TMNT2. It was a decent rebirth of the franchise which nicely set up a return of Shredder.

EDIT: Nice new art

Sweet

Looks like Smash fans are embracing this title.

Edited by tapedeck

• 3 weeks later...

Looks awesome! Create a trophy/gamecube controller support = great ideas!

Never thought we would see another title like Smash Bros on the same console - hopefully the single player is involving too. But I'm more than happy with how this is shaping up. It seems like they truly have thought of everything Smash Bros. offers and how a customisable brawl is where the fun lies.

Love the Turtles franchise too!

what different does being on the ps2 make? is there that nagging feeling at the back of your mind that this can be done on the ps2 as well?

of course it can most wii games could. The graphics aren't all that great in this.

but gameplay is important and I doubt the on-line will be any good on the ps2 if it's true.