Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Mini Me(et) Winter, St. Albans, 22nd December

ReZourceman

Get on the train to St Pancras/Bedford in Brighton, and stay on it. Once you've gone through London, providing you get the speedy train, the next stop will be St Albans

No train passes through king's cross from brighton, and St. Pancras deals with trains from the north and trains from europe, so that doesn't... work. My route works :P Unless I misunderstood!

If I'm correct, I'll be staying in Brighton. =)

In that case, I'll see you and wossisface then ;)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doooo eeeeet. Whats your qualms?

It's definitely not the date or place. St Albans is like two train stops or a short bus journey.

More to do with the fact whilst I've been a regular user of the forum for god knows when I don't really know anyone or talk to anyone off of here. Which will probably leave me with very little to say.

No train passes through king's cross from brighton, and St. Pancras deals with trains from the north and trains from europe, so that doesn't... work. My route works :P Unless I misunderstood!

In that case, I'll see you and wossisface then ;)

Train from Bedford goes to Brighton. It passes through St Pancras International goes through central London down to Brighton. Check out

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk

For times etc.

Train from Bedford goes to Brighton. It passes through St Pancras International goes through central London down to Brighton. Check out

For times etc.

Spot on, as that's the train I get when I end up going to St Pancras International/Eurostar.

Also, I wouldn't be worried about not having much to say. We're all just people after all.

For times etc.

I was going to say that, as I guess you, like me, know that when you're at the station and looking for trains to London, you look for "Brighton". Well, down here in Guildford, I look for Waterloo...

Regardless of which station it went to, St. Pancras and King's Cross aren't exactly difficult to get between...

Which will probably leave me with very little to say

If I was going, I'd probably say something like 'God, that Bendtner, pffft.'. Sure you'd have plenty to say! ;)

---

Danny, where abouts in Denmark do you live? :) Don't worry, I won't come and stalk you! I will :P

A girl stalking me ...? I fail to see how that's a bad thing ...? :p

I live on the southern west coast of Jutland in a small village called Vilslev. It's pretty much right between the cities of Esbjerg and Ribe.

you say that now...lol. Arhus is it then for the next meet? :P Isn't there a music festival there? ok I'm slightly going off thread topic, I'll shh now.

I'll come on a train too, but I don't even know where this place is - let alone my way round :(

We'll use Google Maps on my phone or something... We just need an address!

I think it will be easiest for me to get the train too....can't be bothered to stay over.

Does anyone know/wanna tell me how to get there from Marylebone? Or obv if its possible to do it from Aylesbury.

Most reliable would be Marleybone to King's Cross St Pancras via Hammersmith & City/Circle/Metropolitan line, and then the very, very simple St Pancras International to St. Albans (ideally no stops, depends which train you get onto).

We'll use Google Maps on my phone or something... We just need an address!

I/Grunchie/someone else can always set up a meet-and-greet at the station, if needs be... :indeed:

Well I've got to get a train to Hatfield followed by a bus to either St. Peter's Street or the St. Albans station (the most absurd journey to get somewhere that's 10 miles from my house, but it's even slower if you go by bus, and you have to go into London if you go by train) so I can't meet people that early on, but should be able to from, say, 10 or 11 onwards. Incidentally, everyone should come out of the platform 1 entrance, else we'll miss you. Did we decide on a place to go? Rummy suggested 'spoons (heh left truncation) - are people good with there?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!