Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Mini Me(et) Winter, St. Albans, 22nd December

ReZourceman

Monday 22nd December

Meeting at approximately 12:00pm at the train station, (to be confirmed 100%) and then onto...Spoons? For drinking fun and chatting.

ReZ will probably bring a camcorder for massive lolz and potential funzies.

Confirmed Guests. Updated @ 15:18 11th December

- The Fish

- Rummy (No longer?)

- Supergrunch

- DomJCG

- Jayseven

- Fierce Link (yeah...:))

- ReZourceman

~EEVILMURRAY? Weeyellowbloke? Jombob?~

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thread got lost in the abyss, so I'll summarise.

Some people can do 29th.

Some the 22nd (which is awesome)

Some people are feeling LONDON at NEW YEARS.

Hemel Hempstead? St Albans?

St. Albans is probably the better idea as it allows folk able to get to St Pancras to get to the meet with little difficulty. Hell, if someone feels really hardcore, they could fly to Luton, and it's only two stations from the airport... I also know where the pubs are, which is always handy! :awesome:

As for the date I personally don't care.

Yeah what did happen to that thread!

My views (providing I'm allowed to come!)

22nd and 29th are great for me.

London @ New Years is a no go. I'm afraid I will have other plans plus I can assure you, it will be suicide!

Both places would be okay for me, although St Albans is a bit more on the map so to speak, might be better for other folks?

Whatwhatwhat is this? It sounds intriguing, however! I believe myself free on both the 22nd AND the 29th, and I can fairly easily travel from here to another place in the londonium. No New Year's though, got plans in place already to try and spend it local with all good friends, hopefully that won't fall through and suck this year.

22nd, so far, looks like the better idea, though that's only if you consider ReZ himself to be "a good idea". :heh:

St. Albans is far, far easier to get too - it's on the St. Pancras (1 stop on the fast train) to Bedford/Leicester line, and has a junction for the M1 both sides of town (9 & 10). Hell, we could even do the meet up in Harpenden - it's got better pubs (imo) and is one stop further up the train line and almost everything stops there.

As staying outside, as we did in Hyde Park, is pretty much out of the question given the time of year, I suggest we meet up at a pub.

22nd, so far, looks like the better idea, though that's only if you consider ReZ himself to be "a good idea". :heh:

St. Albans is far, far easier to get too - it's on the St. Pancras (1 stop on the fast train) to Bedford/Leicester line, and has a junction for the M1 both sides of town (9 & 10). Hell, we could even do the meet up in Harpenden - it's got better pubs (imo) and is one stop further up the train line and almost everything stops there.

As staying outside, as we did in Hyde Park, is pretty much out of the question given the time of year, I suggest we meet up at a pub.

You're just pimping it because you live so close!

But also, I've heard there's an excellent Spoons there, sounds like my kind of pub! :D

You're just pimping it because you live so close!

But also, I've heard there's an excellent Spoons there, sounds like my kind of pub! :D

There ain't no 'Spoons in Harpenden, it's too snobby for that. As for St. Albans, there's one just off the main shopping street, not too far from the station. I've never been in there myself, but I've heard the same as you have.

Oh, and I currently live in Guildford, which ain't that close at all... I'll be in Hertfordshire over Christmas, however...

I can do the 23rd aswell. I would rather do the 22nd as its further away from CEve...but yeah. Im fairly easy.

If its St Albans, its only really easy from the London area. But I imagine its still probably quite easy. I dunno what train/travel would be for me, but car is 40 minutes apparently, but then I'd need to stay over yadda yadda.

Basically Im up for it whatever. Aint no chance Im missing out on meeting the J-ledge. (Love the rest of you too though.)

St. Albans is much, much easier to reach from London (and pretty much anywhere else, to be honest) than Hemel.

Aylesbury is as easy. End of the line from Marylebone.

But I'd feel a bit like a cheat lol.

If its St Albans, its only really easy from the London area. But I imagine its still probably quite easy. I dunno what train/travel would be for me, but car is 40 minutes apparently, but then I'd need to stay over yadda yadda.[/color]

If you can drive and can get near the M1, St Albans is easy as pie. It's really not 40 minutes, unless you're in traffic most of the way there.

Noooooo! Not the 23rd! I totally can't do the 23rd(and need to be back for it, afternoon latest) cos my aunt and little cousin are coming round for a christmas dinner thing. Can do the 22nd, 29th, 30th even. Anything that isn't the 20th, 23rd, or 27th atm. Or 31st, obv.

Maybe, but as good as transport is TO St.Albans, what'll it be like for getting back FROM St.Albans on the night? Once I get into london where the nightbusses roll, I can pretty much get home once I get to trafalgar square?

The same? the latest i ever got back to there was like 1ish? i've never left it to go home late at night, i usuallly drive so...

Maybe, but as good as transport is TO St.Albans, what'll it be like for getting back FROM St.Albans on the night? Once I get into london where the nightbusses roll, I can pretty much get home once I get to trafalgar square?

After about 1am, the trains go from once every 15/30 minutes to once every hour, which is still pretty reasonable if you time it right. Normally they leave S'nalbans at quarter to every hour at that time of night, but you'd want to check that.

Right, cool. If it's the 22nd then put me down as some sort of definitive definite and hit me up with a time upon which things shall commence(earlier the better like yeah?). Sounds as if I can get back ok and if worst comes to worst I can probably make my way over to hatfield as I think there may well be a bed for me there, should I require it!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!