Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Is this so unusual? I would actually be surprised if they still were shipping copies of games like Wario Land: Shake It!

I think there's very few publishers that ship more copies 6 months after a game has been released (unless it is a big hit of course).

Edited by Ren of Heavens

The only difference between now and 2 years ago is that Nintendo is letting us know they've stopped

This always happens. It has always happened, and it will always happen.

We've just got to live with it

Although, Mario & Luigi 3 is a bit iffy. Maybe it just wasn't selling there. Why waste money

The one thing I've noticed is that people on these boards are now saying "Shit, these games are not getting produced, so I'm going to have to snap them up quickly."

I thought Mario Charged did pretty ok, I'm not sure about Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I'm almost certain that BWii and Wario Land haven't been selling all that well. What's the point in Nintendo shipping more copies of stuff that isn't selling? What this will do is it will enable companies like Game and HMV to clear their stock.

Of course, the reason why the games are not selling is a completely different issue altogether, haha. There's two categories of Nintendo games. There's category one, which features the likes of Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy (that 3D platformer per generation), Zelda, Mario Kart, maybe Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, WiiSports+Fit, and maybe a few more. These games are marketed quite positively. You look at each of these and you think "million sellers." When people post their Wii collections, you generally expect each owner to have a good portion of these games.

The other category would probably include Batallion Wars, Wario Land, ExciteTruck, Fire Emblem, Trauma Center, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Another Code, and so forth. Games like Metroid and F Zero are probably in that first category, too. They're important. These games are not marketed in the same way as the first lot. You look at each of those games, and they are high quality games, they're great games in fact. But, the expectations are lower from Nintendo, for whatever reason. This is where the problem lies. If they were treated in the same precious way as the first category titles, they would probably sell a bit more.

Pff, like any of you chumps who hadn't bought BWii yet were considering it at this stage...

It's dead cheap in Game if anyone seeks forgiveness.

I keep seeing it at times when I have no money. Plus, I'm just not all that sure about the transformation from the view on the handhelds to the 3D view in this game.

It's pretty much the same problem I was worried about before I picked up the first Metroid Prime. Which turned out pretty great, I admit.

ok so

nintendo decide to stop releasing good games such as Metroid Prime, Mario and Luigi and Wario Land

but feel the need to keep producing copies of Wii Music

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Makes sense if Wii Music sells more than Metroid prime. It's the buyers fault!

Though like I have always said, I do quite like Wii Music

Actually,

The complete list of games no longer in production in America:

• Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
  • Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
  • Endless Ocean
  • Excitebots: Trick Racing
  • Excite Truck
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Mario Strikers Charged
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • New Play Control! Pikmin
  • Wario Land: Shake It!
  • Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
  • Wii Fit
  • Wii Music

I can only assume that Nintendo must have a huge stock of these games somewhere outthere. Except for Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. Good riddance.

And this pretty much crushes the little hope we had of ever seeing a PAL-Excitebots.

Netflix for Wii

Wii owners will be able to subscribe at a minimum $9 monthly cost, and like Sony's PlayStation 3, will require a Netflix DVD to be inserted into the console before playing, which will ship to owners at no additional cost.

The service will be available this spring.

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/106/1060659p1.html

Also, Strange Cookie, can we get a source for all of that?

Netflix for Wii

Wii owners will be able to subscribe at a minimum $9 monthly cost, and like Sony's PlayStation 3, will require a Netflix DVD to be inserted into the console before playing, which will ship to owners at no additional cost.

Whats the reason for the disk on both PS3 and Wii? Anyone know?

Ubi follows Capcom and Sega:

Ubisoft to 'refocus' on Xbox 360, PS3 and 'major franchises'

As Ubisoft today sent its financial forecast soaring downward for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2010, CEO Yves Guillemot pledged to steer the company away from the suffering casual market. Specifically, "with a view to further reducing our exposure to the DS, we intend to continue to refocus our development resources on our major franchises and on the Xbox 360 and PS3, the two consoles which are expected to see sales growth in games for gamers in 2010," Guillemot said.

I fear little to no marketing for Red Steel 2...

As Ubisoft today sent its financial forecast soaring downward for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2010, CEO Yves Guillemot pledged to steer the company away from the suffering casual market. Specifically, "with a view to further reducing our exposure to the DS, we intend to continue to refocus our development resources on our major franchises and on the Xbox 360 and PS3, the two consoles which are expected to see sales growth in games for gamers in 2010," Guillemot said.

So, the same as always?

Actually,

The complete list of games no longer in production in America:

• Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
  • Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
  • Endless Ocean
  • Excitebots: Trick Racing
  • Excite Truck
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Mario Strikers Charged
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • New Play Control! Pikmin
  • Wario Land: Shake It!
  • Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
  • Wii Fit
  • Wii Music

I can only assume that Nintendo must have a huge stock of these games somewhere outthere. Except for Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. Good riddance.

And this pretty much crushes the little hope we had of ever seeing a PAL-Excitebots.

WTF!!!

I can understand them not releasing prime trilogy I SUPPOSE!

but why not metroid prime 3? WHy dont they start a player's choice range it baffles me?

Also if excitebots was marketed better and had a better fucking name then It could have been a casual smash hit.

On the lighter side of the news I suppose they wanted to stop the embarassing wii music. :)

haha so what else is new

http://kotaku.com/5447427/reggie-dont-count-on-wii-successor-in-the-coming-months

Nintendo: No Wii Successor Anytime Soon

Posted by: Cliff Edwards on January 13

Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime says don’t count on Nintendo introducing an update to its hit Wii videogame console, or new system, in the coming months.

Sony and Microsoft plan to challenge rival Nintendo’s dominance of the current console generation with add-ons they hope will deliver a more sophisticated take on motion control than the motion-sensing technology in the three-year-old Wii. But Fils-Aime, in an interview with Bloomberg BusinessWeek, said: “We are confident the Wii home entertainment console has a very long life in front of it.”

The Japanese videogame maker is betting that upcoming installments of its franchise hits Metroid Prime and Super Mario will reinvigorate the red-hot sales that kept the console in short supply for the first two years of its life.

Nintendo in October issued its first profit warning in six years as sales slowed sharply and the strength of the Yen, relative to the currencies of the U.S. dollar and other countries where it sells its products, sapped profits.

Industry watchers and analysts have been speculating for months that Nintendo is prepping an update to the Wii that offers more sophisticated high-definition gaming. Sony, which already has HD gaming on its PlayStation 3, this year also plans to release software that will allow PS3 owners to watch movies and play games in 3-D. The PS3 has seen a surge in sales after Sony cut the price of its base model and introduced a slimmer version of the game system.

Nintendo on Jan. 13 hoped to counter recent moves by Sony and Microsoft to transform their consoles from gaming consoles into home entertainment platforms by announcing that it will let members this spring stream Netflix movies and TV episodes to the televisions via the Wii console.

To watch content, Wii users will need a special “instant-streaming” disc that Netflix will mail out to members who request a copy. They will then be able to use the Wii’s motion controller to navigate through their Netflix account and pick what they want to watch.

Microsoft has long offered the ability to stream Netflix through the Xbox 360 as part of a premium service plan in its Xbox Live online platform, while Sony recently began delivering the same service under similar conditions to the Nintendo agreement.

With the outcome of this generation’s console wars still very much in doubt as each manufacturer races to up the ante, many analysts believe it’s only a matter of time before Nintendo is forced to add new technology instead of new software to the Wii.

Fils-Aime suggested no such announcement would be make at the upcoming Game Developers Conference in March in San Francisco but did not elaborate on the type of announcements Nintendo will make at the annual gaming confab, the E3 Expo, in mid-June.

I hate this. I hate that these companies have just gone ahead and made shit for the Wii and now that it hasn't sold, or whatever other reason they can muster up, they're now backing out completely. Capcom is definitely the hardest blow though.

I hate this. I hate that these companies have just gone ahead and made shit for the Wii and now that it hasn't sold, or whatever other reason they can muster up, they're now backing out completely. Capcom is definitely the hardest blow though.

It's kind of sad, but I thought this would exactly happen.

*3rd party put spin off on Wii declare it as a test*

*If Success they make another one thinking they can continue milking the cow without paying much forgetting that the spin-off was a test for them to consider making a full on game for the Wii*

*Buyers soon have brains, realize that they were getting the short end of the stick with 3rd party games and now 3rd party companies blame the Wii and not themselves for the stupidity for bad sales*

Believe me, ubisoft moving away from the Wii and DS is a GOOD thing. Surely they're responsible for at least a quarter of the shovelware on the DS by now.

I can count the good games Ubisoft have made for the Wii on one hand, and I can't even think of a single game that was actually really good that they've made, for the console. Which is a shame, because they've made some great stuff for the other consoles.

As for the other publishers, I'm glad I bought a PS3, so I can get the best of both worlds.