Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Currently playing Punch Out for the first time, against the second version of the Indian guy, and replaying Twilight Princess. Brawl is a constant almost everyday against friends.

And I play a lot of other stuff in-between and multiplayer at friends house.

So, suckers, what are we all playing at the moment?

I'm going to restart Twilight Princess some time this week. :) Been into playing Mario Strikers quite a bit too and Guitar Hero 3.

Oh noes, mein Wii es gathering le dust!

I haven't touched my Wii since July ( Wii Sports Resort ) but its not gathering dust as its back in its box. I will probably unpack it again this week as im tempted to get Dead Space as I loved the first game on the 360/PS3.

I'm curious, why do you box it up? Are you never tempted to play it, or have a quick blast on something?

Nah not really. Its crazy I buy more games on my Wii than any of my other machines but I hardly play on the thing, the amount of games that I haven't even started is staggering. If I do get the urge to play on a Wii game it usually quickly passes.

Nah not really. Its crazy I buy more games on my Wii than any of my other machines but I hardly play on the thing, the amount of games that I haven't even started is staggering. If I do get the urge to play on a Wii game it usually quickly passes.

But why buy if you don't play it? It just seems very impractical to me.

It's like people who buy DVDs and never watch them. I mean, never ever watch them. Maybe there's a difference between a Game's Collector and...something else, haha.

But why buy if you don't play it? It just seems very impractical to me.

It's like people who buy DVDs and never watch them. I mean, never ever watch them. Maybe there's a difference between a Game's Collector and...something else, haha.

I will get around to them eventually. Its only my Wii games that suffer this fate I usually play my 360/DS/PSP games straight away. Why do I do it? Got nowt else to spend my money on :)

I do see your point though. I mean I have classiscs such as No More Heroes and Okami sitting unplayed and the more games I buy the further down the pile they go :(

Maybe you should stop buying games, until you've finished all the ones you have? :heh:

Seriously, do eet. Also, surely the more games you buy and stuff, the less you get out of them. I love playing games and finding absolutely everything in them.

Maybe you should stop buying games, until you've finished all the ones you have? :heh:

Seriously, do eet. Also, surely the more games you buy and stuff, the less you get out of them. I love playing games and finding absolutely everything in them.

You would think that but you just have to look at my achievements/trophies to see I like to get ALOT out of a game. To be fair achievements are what the problem is as im quite addicted to them. It usually comes down to me playing tripe for meaningless numbers rather than playing something thats actually good.

You would think that but you just have to look at my achievements/trophies to see I like to get ALOT out of a game. To be fair achievements are what the problem is as im quite addicted to them. It usually comes down to me playing tripe for meaningless numbers rather than playing something thats actually good.

Hmm, if it works for you, then it's good. But, that wouldn't work for me at all, haha. I think I enjoy the journey rather than the actual "end product" if that makes sense. In Majora's Mask for example, I loved the exploration, messing with time, and consequences, rather than finally defeating the end boss. I think the journey is much more important to me.

Hmm, if it works for you, then it's good. But, that wouldn't work for me at all, haha. I think I enjoy the journey rather than the actual "end product" if that makes sense. In Majora's Mask for example, I loved the exploration, messing with time, and consequences, rather than finally defeating the end boss. I think the journey is much more important to me.

Yeah it use to be like that for me and I enjoyed it more but then gamefaqs arrived and ruined everything. Getting stuck and then working it out youself was a great feeling but having gfaqs at my fingertips is just so tempting.

To be fair I didnt use it for getting 100% on DeBlob and Wario Ware or for getting all of the hidden spots in Wii Sports Resorts airplane game and it was a great feeling. Maybe this is why I didnt enjoy Zelda TP as much as other Zelda games. When I get around to playing it again I should try without a guide.

Yeah it use to be like that for me and I enjoyed it more but then gamefaqs arrived and ruined everything. Getting stuck and then working it out youself was a great feeling but having gfaqs at my fingertips is just so tempting.

To be fair I didnt use it for getting 100% on DeBlob and Wario Ware or for getting all of the hidden spots in Wii Sports Resorts airplane game and it was a great feeling. Maybe this is why I didnt enjoy Zelda TP as much as other Zelda games. When I get around to playing it again I should try without a guide.

You used a guide?!?! :nono:

After last nights convo with Flinky I looked at my shelf and listed the Wii games that I either havent started yet or just barely started and then stopped and came up with this...

Baroque

Boom Blox

Deadly Creatures

Dewys Adventure

Disaster: DoC

Dragon Quest

Endless Ocean

Family Ski

Final Fantasy: Chocobos Dungeon

Geometry Wars

Job Island

Mad World

Man Hunt 2

NiGHTS

No More Heroes

Okami

Opoona

Rayman Rabbids 2

Rabbids TV Party

Sonic and the Black Knight

Soul Calibur Legends

Munchables

Quite a list :D

So here's the deal, im after a few games in the coming months but to avoid them falling onto the pile of unplayed games I will follow these rules.

1. Don't buy more than one Wii game at a time

2. I may only purchase another game once one of my other games is finished.

3. Avoid getting my Wii wet and dont feed it after midnight :D

Hopefully this will help me make the pile a little smaller. Now Dead Space is out on Friday so I need to finish at least 1 of the games on my list. I have Halo:ODST arriving on Tuesday for my 360 which means I haven't got alot of time to start a large game so im looking to play and finish one of the Rayman games.

Let operation ' Lets Help H-o-T ' commence!

*goes off to unpack Wii*

..haha, I went through a phase of trying to complete 5 games from my collection before investing in another :eek:

It has kinda got to the stage where I've been enjoying playing through my games so much that I've basically finished over 30 or more games without getting anything else : peace:

I got Flower, Sun and Rain in the Zavvi Autumn Sale for £4.95 but I actually sold Donkey Kong Country 2 on GBA to fund the deal :heh: I have it on the Virtual Console anyway so it seemed like a good idea :hehe:

I'm more than happy to wait for games to drop in price now.. and the only slight urge I have is to dip my toe into HD gaming with an XBOX 360 :eek: ..but I neither have the money to do that nor an intense, burning desire to rush into that :heh:

Don't do it /nando/ don't do it. IF you are, get a PS3 though! WAY better!!

Here are the Wii games I need to play through *gulp* (this doesn't include the games I bought and then sold (without playing) because I couldn't be bothered with them)

Beatles Rock Band

Boom Blox

Captain Rainbow

Eledees

Endless Ocean

Excite Truck

Geometry Wars

Grand Slam Tennis

Guitar Hero 5

Lego Starwars

Mario and Sonic Olympics

Mario Strikers

Metal Slug

Nights

Rayman TV Party

Conduit

Punch Out

Wario Land

Madworld

Shaun White

Trauma Centre 2

Simpsons

Overlord

Okami

Disaster

De Blob

Deadly Creatures

Sam and Max

Secret Files

Skate It

Smash Bros

Tiger Woods 10

Wii Sports Resort

This doesn't include my many WiiWare, VC, DS and PS3 games... oh dear...

To be fair, I've nearly finished maybe half of them...

Because they're pretty much the same; so you look at exclusives, and for me PS3 is way better than 360. I HATE Halo though, so if you like that... Also Bluray!! And it's got wireless built in. And it isn't the stupidest, biggest machine EVER created that will inevitably break at some point. And it isn't louder than a tsunami.... And the online is free...

Because they're pretty much the same; so you look at exclusives, and for me PS3 is way better than 360. I HATE Halo though, so if you like that... Also Bluray!! And it's got wireless built in. And it isn't the stupidest, biggest machine EVER created that will inevitably break at some point. And it isn't louder than a tsunami.... And the online is free...

Very good points, especially those that I've highlighted in bold.

Just need to raise the cash.