N-Europe

But Termina was an alternate dimension, right? So whats to say in Links own dimension, the Moon hit?

There. Beat that.

Seeing as Hyrule didn't have a rabbid Skull Kid with an evil mask and controlling the moon and what H-o-T said, yeah I beat it :heh:

Just hope that wasn't a serious post.

Also, if that was the moon in TP, i'd say it was an easter egg.

Seeing as Hyrule didn't have a rabbid Skull Kid with an evil mask and controlling the moon and what H-o-T said, yeah I beat it :heh:

Just hope that wasn't a serious post.

Also, if that was the moon in TP, i'd say it was an easter egg.

It doesn't alter what you're saying, but the Skull kid was also from Hyrule. He fell into Termina just like you.

I always assumed he was the one you 'befriended' in The Lost Woods (I think somethings said in the game to back this up), it's just the Mask fucked him up!

Also, we don't know the moon destroys the entire world (I mean you assume it would, because it's a falling moon) but in the game you're really just concerned with saving the town.

During those segments, you weren't actually in hyrule mentally though. It was like link was high, or dreaming or something. There's no reason the moon couldn't have hit and done nothing in the dream, or whatever it was.

If it is an easter egg, I don't think Nintendo looked this far into it.

But Termina was an alternate dimension, right? So whats to say in Links own dimension, the Moon hit?

There. Beat that.

Who's to say that the Moon won't fall any second now. You'll have your face smashed in by a Moon Rock.

Beat that!

I joke. Love you really. Hug Hug kiss Kiss.

Geometry Wars. Addictive. Bright lights. Everywhere. Pretty. Me good.

I was looking at that Majora's Mask moon stuff this morning and know what? I just can't see it. I've stared at the images and I just watched the video in this thread and... nothing.

Why would the moon even be lying pointing in that direction? Sure it was facing down towards Termina, not away from it. Did it drop into Hyrule and roll up Death Mountain like a bowling ball? And don't MM and TP take place on different sides of the timeline split? There's too much to question with this. Its a very (very very very) obscure looking Easter Egg at best.

Speaking of which, I've been on the straight and narrow with eating since Pancake Tuesday. Roll on Easter Sunday so I can get stuck into some Easter Eggs of my own. :grin:

I was looking at that Majora's Mask moon stuff this morning and know what? I just can't see it. I've stared at the images and I just watched the video in this thread and... nothing.

Why would the moon even be lying pointing in that direction? Sure it was facing down towards Termina, not away from it. Did it drop into Hyrule and roll up Death Mountain like a bowling ball? And don't MM and TP take place on different sides of the timeline split? There's too much to question with this. Its a very (very very very) obscure looking Easter Egg at best.

Speaking of which, I've been on the straight and narrow with eating since Pancake Tuesday. Roll on Easter Sunday so I can get stuck into some Easter Eggs of my own. :grin:

The moon was destroyed at the end of Majora's Mask, it can't be the same moon.

Heavy Rain goes straight in at number one this week. It's a pretty experimental game. The type of game you see on the Wii, and which would bomb on the Wii. Why is such an experimental game at number one?

What is it about the Wii which means games don't sell?! I just don't get it. I really thought Heavy Rain would bomb, but it's doing so well (I'm glad it is, it's incredible).

Nintendo have such a job on their hands to sort this situation out; and I'm afraid the only answer lies with two letters......

Experimental gameplay had nothing to do with Heavy Rain's success either way.

It's a long-hyped, heavily-media-covered title that has been appropriately marketed to its true target audience, has a high budget and makes full use of the hardware it is on.

How many non-Nintendo titles can you say that of on Wii?

Edited by D_prOdigy

Heavy Rain goes straight in at number one this week. It's a pretty experimental game. The type of game you see on the Wii, and which would bomb on the Wii. Why is such an experimental game at number one?

What is it about the Wii which means games don't sell?! I just don't get it. I really thought Heavy Rain would bomb, but it's doing so well (I'm glad it is, it's incredible).

Nintendo have such a job on their hands to sort this situation out; and I'm afraid the only answer lies with two letters......

What letters?

Heavy Rain is experimental in its gameplay, because aesthetically anyone can get into it. It has amazing graphics, a realistic world, and it comes with the premise of a great story. It also had good marketing and production values, it was fully translated to many languages, including Portuguese, with a great cast of actors. It even appeared on a prime time news over here.

I more interested in the reaction people have while they're playing it.

And comparing to the Wii, you have nothing like it on the Wii, there's no first party effort for that kind of game. And add to that a big piracy problem.

Because, as said above, Heavy Rain was marketed to hell and back. Because it was a big budgeted AAA title. Because, as innovative as it is, the whole milieu of the game is absolutely middle of the road, 'realistic', generic even (- not a comment on the game's obvious quality). It has nothing like the marmite stylisations of Muramasa, No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, Little King's Story etc.

Twilight Princess: The moon thing had me for a minute. Intriguing, but I can't really see it. TP does have other overtones of Majora however.

I didn't mean exactly the same type of things. But this doesn't feel like a mainstream game at all, far from it. Not seen much marketing but I don't watch tele so may have missed that. It just feels like a niche title, and if the same title was on the Wii I would expect it to bomb...

The letters are D and H. Not necessarily on that order...

Dazzy of Bee, can you explain how and why HD would help the Wii sell games? Also, I don't know much about the technical side of things, but wouldn't it only really work if the console had more power within it?

I don't think its the answer. Most people have already pointed at why Heavy Rain has been succeeding. A huge effort was put into it, and then they marketed it well at its targetted audience. Its been hyped. Then, people actually went out and bought it.

If the same title was on Wii, I'd have expected it to have bombed as well, or for the most part to have been ignored by many. That's my opinion on it. But, there's a buzz about this on the PS3, whereas most Wii/Nintendo console owners only create buzzes about Nintendo's own games. Bar a very, very select few games. It's been the same with the Cube and the 64. First party games have always pissed over third party games in the charts.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Dazzy of Bee, can you explain how and why HD would help the Wii sell games? Also, I don't know much about the technical side of things, but wouldn't it only really work if the console had more power within it?
It would have helped the Wii if it had had HD from the start because then people wouldn't have abandoned it for the other consoles, but now that those Wii owners have their 360's/PS3, I can't see how implementing it now would help much, other than giving the hardcore Wii owners that are left a chance to play games developed for the other consoles.

It must have helped that Heavy rain has sex in it. This has made broadsheet newspapers and "lads' mags" take it seriously, as well as the other mature themes. It has to be said, it couldn't be done as well on the Wii, because a large part of the appeal is the cinematic, high-polygon HD graphics. People are accepting it as an interactive story, but it has to look the part.

It would have helped the Wii if it had had HD from the start because then people wouldn't have abandoned it for the other consoles, but now that those Wii owners have their 360's/PS3, I can't see how implementing it now would help much, other than giving the hardcore Wii owners that are left a chance to play games developed for the other consoles.

For Nintendo not to make this mistake again, they'll need to be on par with the next round of consoles from the start.

Power doesn't guarantee success, though. If the Wii had HD from the start, then wouldn't it also have needed more power, meaning that the price of the console would have been hiked up? So, this message of reaching out to non-gamers would have been lost right at the start. Last generation, they tried creating a powerhouse with the Cube and it didn't guarantee them success.

I don't think it would change many things if a HD Wii suddenly came onto the market. Leave this for next generation.

The Wii needed to be SD and cheap to begin with. If it tried matching Sony and MS it would have bombed like the gamecube, it needed to be cheap etc. It worked and is stupidly succesful, but "proper" games don't sell very wlel on it; and that's because "proper" gamers want HD. Simple. I know so many people, people on here say the same thing; they want their games to look as good as they can. To be taken seriously.

I'm not saying I agree with this; I'm saying as far as I can see, this is simply the case. If a Wii HD came out equal power to the PS3, then hardcore games would sell infinitely better on it.