NEurope

Zelda in 2011 might not be so bad. With New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter 3, No More Heroes 2, Sin & Punishment 2 and Epic Mickey within the next 12-16 months I don't think I'll miss it.

BEHOLD!

These pics are best viewed with this song. :D

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

PHTO0042.jpg

PHTO0044-1.jpg

I snapped up the deal Dazzy was on about, the one with Rabbids Go Home. The whole trade in Wii Sports Resort won't work as Nintendo have done a Wii Sports and slapped the game in a cheap cardboard case. :( At least I have a spare copies of both of them now. :)

The whole trade in Wii Sports Resort won't work as Nintendo have done a Wii Sports and slapped the game in a cheap cardboard case. :( At least I have a spare copies of both of them now. :)
Couldn't you trade in your original cased Wii Sports Resort?

Couldn't you trade in your original cased Wii Sports Resort?

Nah, im a bit of a freak when it comes to stuff like that. I would much rather have the original dvd style box on my shelf.

Momma put on too much vaseline... Too shiny. Could you show us a pic with the blue light please? That sheen makes it look cheaper, though I'm sure its just from the reflection.

Zelda in 2011 might not be so bad. With New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter 3, No More Heroes 2, Sin & Punishment 2 and Epic Mickey within the next 12-16 months I don't think I'll miss it.

Hmm, Nintendo shouldn't repeat what they did this year, and leave wii owners without TOP quality purchases for the start of the year. Everything needs to be spread out, not bunched together. Here is what we already know release date wise (bold) and how i think Nintendo should space out the rest.

Spring:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Sin and Punishment 2

Red Steel 2

No More Heroes 2

Summer:

Monster Hunter 3

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Autumn:

Pikmin 3

Winter:

Metroid: Other M

Zelda

If everything is released in winter, where is the quality to keep wii owners attached to the console?

I think Metroid will be an Autumn release, I think Prime was wasn't it.

Nintendo really should have some other games for us by Christmas 2010... other franchises please!!

I can't see Zelda being 2010, I really think they'll hold that one back for some form of Wii sequel.

UK Charts:

Nintendo’s ‘Wii Sports Resort’ climbs 7 places to No3 (+63%), fuelled by the best Wii hardware sales so far this year, including a 57% increase in the White Wii Sports Resort Pack (launched 6 weeks ago) and a strong debut this week for the Black Wii Sports Resort Pack.

BEHOLD!

PHTO0042.jpg

... :o

I can't believe my eyes! Don't you normally keep your Nintendo consoles boxed away, Adam!?! :p

That's my boy! Man after my own heart :)

I'm going to do it too, but I'm more than willing to get rid of my original Wii Sports Resort.

Does GAME not accept games without their original cases? at EB Games/GameStop you can just bring the game in in any old DVD case and they just take off a few dollars from the trade in value. There's always eBay though.

I can't believe my eyes! Don't you normally keep your Nintendo consoles boxed away, Adam!?! :p

Nice one. :D

Hero. Did you get a Rabbid figurine with your Rabbids game in the bundle?

No. Was I supposed to? If I was im not a happy chappy! :angry:

Well when you buy the game anywhere you get figurine with it...wondered if you did with the bundle, guess not :(

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/104/1044432p1.html

Electronic Arts Frustrated with Nintendo Wii

Despite being third-party leader on Wii, EA wants to push software sales harder.

US, November 11, 2009 - Third-party publishers are beginning to find out the hard way that even though Nintendo has sold over 50 million Wii consoles to date, it doesn't necessarily translate into easy software sales.

CEO John Riccitiello was asked during the company's financial call this week about the slowing Wii console sales and what EA can do to help reinvigorate them. He says the publisher will now work more closely with Nintendo.

"To be honest with you, the Wii platform has been a little weaker than we had certainly anticipated," said Riccitiello. "There's no lack of frustration to be doing that at precisely the time where we have the strongest third-party share."

"We're reaching out to Nintendo to find ways to partner to push third-party software harder," Riccitiello added. "I frankly think they need more beats in a year than they get out of a first-party slate to be able to have the Wii software platform perform as well as they would like."

"We're building the products I think are the most highly rated on the platform, and at this point in time, generating the most revenue of any third-party," he added.

Electronic Arts recently published Dead Space Extraction, which only sold a measly 9,000 copies in its first week. Riccitiello said going forward, it's important for the publisher to work with Nintendo to change the public perception of these mutliplatform titles.

"Wii is where we're missing it," he added. "I really do think the opportunity exists to find different ways to partner with with first-party in this case to help establish in the minds of the consumer legitimacy of some of these other brands when they're going out multiplatform because very few multiplatform titles are succeeding on the Wii so far."

Wii's third party sales are frustrating! but tbf, how many multiplatform titles does the Wii get?... not many!

He can't look at Dead Space Extraction and Dead Space as the same multiplatform game. Heck port Dead Space over and for all knows it could be a million seller... which Resi 4 proved, even despite many Wii owners probably having the Gamecube version!

True Multiplatform games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero especially, sell great on Wii.

And multiplatform games like Shaun White snowboarding, that have a Wii version designed specifically for the console also tend to sell best on Wii.

Dead Space Extraction didn't sell well for a number of reasons but the most obvious is that their advertising stuck strictly to online gaming sites. If they're frustrated/upset by the sales, then really they should have done something better to help the game rather than hope that the minority of the gaming populus who follow games through gaming websites saw the adverts and picked it up.

Their multiplatform games, so we're talking the likes of FIFA and Madden, seem to be in a bit of a rut. Both of this year's titles in both of those multiplatform franchises were far from being necessary titles. FIFA 10 was shockingly shallow in terms of content and while it was Wii-ified, it felt far from the FIFA games we've seen on the Gamecube. Madden 10, well it was markedly better but still nowhere near as good as 2004. These titles haven't sold as much on the Wii for the same reason Dead Space Extraction didn't and that's due to lack of advertisement. The 360/PS3 versions have been advertised but there's nothing shown or said in those adverts, other than a small logo at the end sometimes to say it's on the Wii.

Also doesn't help that people think when they see these games on the Wii that they're neutered in comparison to the other versions. Some advertising or general information released to the public to make them more aware that it is basically the same game would help. But then so would making a decent game, seeing as FIFA had 3 modes, none of which were a season mode.

^ In previous years, that kind of comment would have been acceptable yet in the last 18 months, EA's output has been very good across all platforms, with some really, really good new intellectual properties. It's less that they need to make better games and more figure out who they're targeting them with on the Wii.

^ In previous years, that kind of comment would have been acceptable yet in the last 18 months, EA's output has been very good across all platforms, with some really, really good new intellectual properties.

I'd agree with that. A few years ago, EA were in a bit of a mess with some of the stuff that they were releasing. Quite uninspired. But, I think they've really turned things around.

As with Retro_Link, some multiplatform games sell really well on the Wii. Didn't Guitar Hero 3 get really great sales over a sustained period of time? That's an example of one of the better multiplatform games. The only thing I think it lacked over the 360 and PS3 versions was the DLC, I think?

However, one thing that gets me is that Fifa08 was a very nice entry for the Wii. I still play the game now for my football fix, the online is pretty great too and the feel of the game is very tight and responsive. However, since then, they've been taking backwards steps with 09 and 10. I think the same could be said for Madden, maybe? I think they've perhaps taken some criticism from the past to heart a bit too much, about releasing the same thing over and over. Maybe because of that criticism, they're trying to make the Wii version a bit "different" compared to other consoles.

The thing is, I don't think they're going about it the right way. Pro Evo for the Wii looks like it's going the right way. When I play Fifa or Pro Evo, I want to re-enact what I see on Match of the Day, or be a part of the Champions League. There's this immersiveness that Fifa09 and 10 on the 360 and PS3 reached that I think EA have overlooked for the Wii.

I love football and games, haha.

Random:

Picked up a Classic Controller Pr0 today. It's a sexual piece of gear. Feels like one of the best controllers I've held in years. Makes a plethora of games play sexier than ever too.

Highly recommended.

^ In previous years, that kind of comment would have been acceptable yet in the last 18 months, EA's output has been very good across all platforms, with some really, really good new intellectual properties. It's less that they need to make better games and more figure out who they're targeting them with on the Wii.

People need to realise EA is about rehashing old titles and cancelling new titles. Their whole strategy is based on buying up studios that would make a creative game and making sure the mass market never develops a taste for quality so they can forever sell their rehashed trash.

Stop buying titles from EA, and maybe, if enough people do it, we might see a change.

I will never forgive them for fucking up my most beloved franchise, Command & Conquer.

Random:

Picked up a Classic Controller Pr0 today. It's a sexual piece of gear. Feels like one of the best controllers I've held in years. Makes a plethora of games play sexier than ever too.

Highly recommended.

They were using these to demo Monster Hunter 3 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom at the Eurogamer Expo, feels much better than a standard Classic Controller.