NEurope

Oh my lord I cannot wait for Zelda Wii.... Please be the big xmas '10 release for the Wii...

Wouldn't it be a nice surprise if it was the launch title for the Wii HD, next christmas; and was just orgasmic with motionplus?!?!?! Oh lordy we can dream....

It sounds like the have started working on the game for awhile now.

So it might be out late 2011?

Hahaha, that's great. I should try playing horror games with friends.

And it looks good too, why did it get such bad reviews?

Hahaha, that's great. I should try playing horror games with friends.

The gameplay is so dang slow. :sad:

ROFL!! that video was hilarious!!

Despite it's gameplay flaws it looks like a truely frightening game!

About MotionPlus. We're implementing it so that players can feel like they themselves are holding the sword. In the previous Zelda (TP Wii) the targeting was based on the IR pointer. This time however, we'll be using MotionPlus for a variety of more convenient targeting systems that will allow for more pleasant gameplay.

That's particularly good. I always thought targeting could potentially be done with a gyroscope.

I will be finishing the game off in the next couple of days, I hope, so look out for the N-Europe review to find out why it has not reviewed (not that I have read any other comments on the game as I like to base a review on my own experience rather than something that has been highlighted from another source :heh:)

That'll be the first GT TV episode I'll watch since E3. Hopefully there'll be some little tidbits about Metroid Other M.

The core gamer has become the bratty child of the consumer base, always expecting the world and looking for their next big title. This is across all platforms, not just on Wii.

I don't agree with this statement. I don't think it wrong for people to expect more from their games - developers can sometimes be pretty fucking lazy nowadays and when you look at the 360 and PS3 in particular, it is slightly annoying that what you predominantly have on offer is a huge selection of fairly generic shooters - all the innovation that came with the 64 died with it. There has been no huge leap in gaming since that console in my eyes. Wii is not the revolution that was promised, regardless of how you argue you it. And I certainly think I'm more than entitled to complain about something, if I feel that the content of it doesn't justify the 40-45 quid I've just spent on it.

I also don't see why it's wrong to expect things like the latest technology to be present in games (online functions) - this is current technology and even then, online gaming has been "popular" for around a decade now - removing it from games that could make excellent use of it (I'm not saying every game needs it) is counter-intuitive. I'm a huge fan of local multiplayer, and much prefer it to playing online, but it's still nice to have the option to play online regardless. Or in the case of Brawl, it's just nice to play online without suffering at the hands of mass lag due to poor game mechanics.

Games this generation, are just like games from the last generation but with newer graphics/sound and/or new less-than-revolutionary controls in the Wii's case. The games from last generation were just advanced versions of the games from the generation before them. Sure, improvements have been made and in some cases we've seen some excellent games, offering new experiences, but it's kinda hard to recreate a scenario like the jump from 16-bit console gaming, to 64-bit true 3D gaming. But still, the point is, after having digressed by God knows how much, that developers should be putting a lot more effort in, as innovation only leads to better things in a competitive market. In short, I have every right to complain if I want to - it doesn't make me "bratty" if I've come to expect more bang for my buck.

And yes I realise I'm just a retro gamer who thinks that the 64 was the best thing since sliced bread but I really do think it was the generation that redefined gaming - this doesn't seem to be true of the two generations that we've had since then.

Just because Nintendo have catered to that audience as well (wouldn't you?!) whilst still providing engaging, fresh experiences it doesn't mean the hardcore have been 'forgotten'. Only a spoiled brat would complain as much as some gamers do. The seriousness is sometimes sickening. It's a passion but surely gaming is an aspect to enjoy in your life. Not THE sole experience of fun which becomes a battle ground of arguments.

Nintendo will always make great games which expand what we see/know as videogames. It was only a matter of time before videogames were 'accepted' (Thanks to Sony) and Nintendo have taken that to the next level unearthing a new gamer. Gamers of the future. And without them the industry as a whole will, in years to come, suffer dramatically.

Some of this I do agree with though - Ninty are certainly providing for two markets, and casual games are for the most part very fun and certainly a lot more ideal for social gatherings with friends. It's also been good at introducing new people to traditional gaming - bridge titles like Mario Kart Wii are really great examples of something Nintendo has definitely got right this generation.

I need a new nun-chuck - but I cannot have a black nun-chuck and white remote, so I think I'll need a new Wiimote. But then, I'll need a black motion plus to finish everything off.

Damn you, Nintendo!

Well tempted by the black Wii. if you bought the full black combo of remotes, that's £60 if you ordered online. Take in Wii Sports Resort and that's £30 (minus the motionplus already included above). So that's 75 for the Black Wii console. That's a bargain. If a company bundles in an extra game with that, I'm sold.

Can you see how much of a master I am at convincing myself to buy shit?!?!

I've already got my stuff packed up and ready to trade in come friday for one :D I thought you got the new classic controller with the package but that doesnt seem to be the case :(

Only one reason I'll not be buying this: losing all my vc games/ wii ware..

Is there any sign Nintendo will let you copy those to your new console?

WIICO25.jpgwiiblack.jpg

It's £165 at GAME as well, plus reward points.

Speaking of Classic Controller Pro, is it only being released in black, or will the white one be available as well?

Its both black and white. The reason it was released with the black consoles in Japan was because it also came with Monster Hunter 3. Monster Hunter 3 was actually available with the Pro on its own. Since I have 4 remotes (and I don't want to mismatch the nun-chucks, of which I only have 2), I'm thinking I'll buy one of the black pros.

Well tempted by the black Wii. if you bought the full black combo of remotes, that's £60 if you ordered online. Take in Wii Sports Resort and that's £30 (minus the motionplus already included above). So that's 75 for the Black Wii console. That's a bargain. If a company bundles in an extra game with that, I'm sold.

Can you see how much of a master I am at convincing myself to buy shit?!?!

Excellent work, Mr Dazzybee.

Its both black and white. The reason it was released with the black consoles in Japan was because it also came with Monster Hunter 3. Monster Hunter 3 was actually available with the Pro on its own. Since I have 4 remotes (and I don't want to mismatch the nun-chucks, of which I only have 2), I'm thinking I'll buy one of the black pros.

Yeah, we're getting the back one on Friday, I was just wondering if there was any word on us getting the white one as well, although I' probably just buy the black one on Friday.

Only one reason I'll not be buying this: losing all my vc games/ wii ware..

Is there any sign Nintendo will let you copy those to your new console?

Anyone know what Nintendo's policy is with this stuff...? I'm guessing you can't transfer shop channel items seeing as, as far as I'm aware, DSiWare can't be migrated between systems if you get a replacement DSi. Silly Nintendo. :hmm:

They don't have any policy about that. You could phone them and see what they say, but I doubt they'll do anything. The only reason they'll transfer shop channel data is if your system is broken.