NEurope

That's what years of being trapped in a ball and generating leccy does it you.

That or heroin...

It looks like somebody has created a clone which is 65% Pikachu, and 30% Raving Rabbid.

rayman_raving_rabbids_07.jpg

The other 5% is consisted of baked beans.

EA Montreal moves to HD

EA Montreal General Manager Alain Tascan has told us that EA Montreal — as part of the EA Games label — is to refocus the studio on "action titles and HD-quality products" compared to its recent history of Wii titles such as Boogie Superstar and Skate It.

It's more evidence of the restructuring plan EA announced with its recent decision to make 1500 layoffs and purchase of Playfish.

"The Wii market is a little bit unpredictable these days," said Tascan, "We’re going to see how Christmas is going to do and while with the Wii we have had very successful titles, we are going to focus on big, blockbuster-type titles. It doesn't mean that we are going to abandon the Wii, but as a studio we want to be ready for new challenges."

Army of Two — an Xbox 360 and PS3 title developed at EA Montreal which is to be joined by sequel The 40th Day in January — is reportedly one of the driving factors for this change, as "the most successful original IP EA has had in the last few years" according to Tascan, arguing that EA as a whole isn't turning away from big-budget titles but "adjusting their direction."

EA Montreal moves to HD

- Has the Wii market ever been predictable?

- Why can't they make blockbuster type games for the Wii?

Im assuming because they wouldn't sell the numbers they would on the PS3/360.

I reckon it'll be interesting to see how No More Heroes does saleswise in going from Wii to HD.

Im assuming because they don't think they would sell the numbers they would on the PS3/360, despite the lack of evidence for this assumption.

I think that would be a more accurate statement.

I mean come on, when have EA ever made a ground-up, exclusive, AAA Wii game?

I reckon it'll be interesting to see how No More Heroes does saleswise in going from Wii to HD.

Indeed.

Why bother? They clearly aren't happy with the sales of other titles from different companies and don't want to splash the cash. Also, when you make a game for one of the HD consoles you just port it to the other, 2 for 1...kinda. :D

Its weird, even though Nintendo have clawed their way back into pole position they have still got themselves into the same situation as they did with the N64 and Gamecube. A problem with 3rd parties.

There are plenty of great 3rd party titles out there for the Wii, its just that most of them don't do the numbers that they should. It will be interesting to see how Red Steel 2 performs next year.

They're also seeing plenty of success with their main games on other platforms, so yeah, I guess there's certainly a "why bother?" attitude.

It's just always a shame to see lost potential, is all.

It'll do just as well if the advertising stays the same...

It's a niche title and will sell about the same anywhere in my opinion. If it has no blood in it it's send out to die on hd consoles as well.

I think that would be a more accurate statement.

Boom blox I know you wouln't consider AAA but it's a great game and a lot of effort went into it.

Sold pretty shit I thought. Especially the first game.

To be fair the only thing that I can think of that I've enjoyed from them is Army of Two ( cracking co-op over Live ) other than that im drawing a blank lol. :D

The first did alright, it was just a slow burner.

The first did alright, it was just a slow burner.

Oh in that case EA have no excuse. Game has no advertising and looks like a jenga spinoff

Boom blox I know you wouln't consider AAA but it's a great game and a lot of effort went into it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be the first to fly the flag for Boom Blox - it is a quality game (and actually sold rather well - it was the second which was doomed).

But let's be pragmatic here. With news like this, people have in mind a particular 'type' of AAA game. Not like Boom Blox, or Grand Slam Tennis...

Game has no advertising and looks like a jenga spinoff

For some reason that made me LOL. :bowdown:

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

I posted this in the New Super Mario Bros Wii thread but I figure I should put it here too:

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/nsmb/vol1_page1.jsp

Its the new Iwata asks with Miyamoto. Although its about NSMBW, the first 4 pages are them mainly talking about how Mario was designed and the early Mario games. There's a part where they mentioned that they designed the very start of Super Mario Bro's so that you can't avoid the mushroom that comes out of the block.

I'm really getting sick with Wii owners getting screwed over with 3rd party titles. I want Modern Warfare 2, I want Assassin's Creed 2, I want the next Grand Theft Auto. Granted, I can play it on another system, but I'm starting to get sick of the lack of 3rd party support on Nintendo's systems.

[/rant]

I'm really getting sick with Wii owners getting screwed over with 3rd party titles. I want Modern Warfare 2, I want Assassin's Creed 2, I want the next Grand Theft Auto. Granted, I can play it on another system, but I'm starting to get sick of the lack of 3rd party support on Nintendo's systems.

[/rant]

The fact is that if you want to play these type of games you have to have another machine ( PS3/360 ) to compliment the Wii. Should it be like that? Not at all but sadly that is the case.

Its a shame because the Wii does miss out on some great titles. I've just finished playing Assasins Creed 2 and it was a fantastic game that many Wii owners will miss out on. It works both ways though because many PS3/360 only owners will miss out on DeBlob and A Boy and his Blob and judging by the sales of the latter many Wii owners will miss out on that aswell :angry:

What's a shame is that I'd be on Smash Bros all the time if online was any good on it! Instead I have to make do with Modern Warfare 2 on my 360!

Edited by Kav

I've never experienced that much lag with Smash Bros' online. On the against anyone setting i suppose it gets fairly laggy, but playing against friends seems ok the majority of the time.

Aonuma sure has aged alot since he has been making Zelda games.

E3 2004

rcudmf.jpg

kajzhl.jpg

Eiji-Aonuma-001.jpg