NEurope

But seriously what berkshire thought labelling it Mini was a good idea. Is that the level of Nintendo's marketing at the minute?

Wii Mini sounds fine.. if it's actually mini :indeed: Why isn't it smaller? There's nothing in it :eek:

Fisher Price was the first thing that came to my mind. It looks like something dragged out of the early 90s.

I think it actually looks too hardcore - if it is primarily aimed at small kids as their first console it could do with looking a lot more Fisher Price.

Survey Says 74 Percent Of British Gamers Think Wii Mini Is Pointless

wii_mini_box.jpg

VoucherCodesPro have conducted a survey which consisted of 1,003 British consumers to see what they thought of the Wii Mini which is coming to Europe on March 22nd. Interestingly, 76 percent of those who were surveyed thought that the Wii Mini wasn’t a very exciting prospect. The poll asked, “Are you excited about the Wii Mini announcement?” 76 percent said no, while the remaining 24 percent said yes. Those who said no were asked to give a reason, here’s the results:

1. Don’t see the point – 74%

2. No advance in graphics – 56%

3. Just rehashing an old console, not a technological advancement 49%

4. Small size not a big enough selling point- 47%

5. Already own an original Wii – 42%

Those who were surveyed were then asked “Would you be likely to purchase a Wii Mini once it’s released?” participants replied:

No – 61%

Yes – 22%

Don’t know – 17%

“It seems that despite the release of the Wii U and with the recent announcement of the PS4 and the anticipated Xbox 720, Nintendo still felt the need to get in there with another release. Unfortunately for them, gamers just aren’t bothered; according to our poll at least.”

“It’s an exciting time for gamers who’ve been waiting several years for the next big console release. But the Wii Mini doesn’t carry the same gravitas. With no anticipation of improved graphics and no real advance on the original console, is it the case of flogging a dead horse?”

- VoucherCodesPro’s George Charles

To be fair i'd actually like to get one, purely for the fact I doubt that there will be that many made, I mean I doubt there will be as many as psone and pstwo, and never know in a few years could be seen as a collectors item.

Also I dont actually think it looks that bad in terms of design. Just me I guess ::shrug:

Yes it's worth reading. It just goes to show that the majority of people don't really want to see or care about the Wii Mini.

Yes it's worth reading. It just goes to show that the majority of people don't really want to see or care about the Wii Mini.

240 people out of every 1000 want a Wii Mini according to this... that's ... AMAZING... considering it's a stripped down version of a console that most people already own. It's 140% more than I would have said. I'm sure the PSone was met with as much anticipation.

This survey is bullshit, as indicated by it's existance; the no answer reasons and lack of yes answer reasons.

Edited by madeinbeats

240 people out of every 1000 want a Wii Mini according to this... that's ... AMAZING... considering it's a stripped down version of a console that most people already own. It's 140% more than I would have said. I'm sure the PSone was met with as much anticipation.

This survey is bullshit, as indicated by it's existance; the no answer reasons and lack of yes answer reasons.

You're so right, of course it's bullshit because you don't like the results. The lack of yes answers? What did you expect them to say? That they'd like to make a grilled cheese sandwich with it?

Or maybe that they could play online games... no. That they could watch Netflix...no. That they can play Gamecube games...no. That they could transfer saves to SD card...no. That they can use the internet channel...no. That they can download VC games...no. Etc., etc., etc. It plays games. The End.

The fact stands that 22% of people surveyed may buy one, that's a fair chunk of sales at the end of the day when extrapolated to the further public.

You're so right, of course it's bullshit because you don't like the results

Wii, I just said I would have predicted less people would want one... but I'm still saying it's bullshit, lol... you're crazy man.

Stop posting this N4G tripe... pretty please.

For the record, vouchercodespro is one of those survey sites people get paid to fill in surveys... grade A bullshit IMO.

Edited by madeinbeats

To be fair i'd actually like to get one, purely for the fact I doubt that there will be that many made, I mean I doubt there will be as many as psone and pstwo, and never know in a few years could be seen as a collectors item.

Also I dont actually think it looks that bad in terms of design. Just me I guess ::shrug:

It's all a bit GameBoy Micro. Will definitely be a collectors item in the future.

Yeah, that 22% is most likely core Nintendo fans who will buy it as a collectible.

Personally though, I think it's absolutely pointless and wont exactly help the state of confusion in some of the areas where the Wii U isn't taking off. "Wii U is the new Wii! Can do things the regular Wii can't do, whole new games that can't be played on Wii!" yet a couple of months later "Yeah, here's a new Wii!".

I live in a student residence without any wifi, I have little place and I would love to be able to play some of my wii games I have at home there. This really could be something I end up buying :p

Also SHOCKING: I think it looks awesome and even better than the original wii

I live in a student residence without any wifi, I have little place and I would love to be able to play some of my wii games I have at home there. This really could be something I end up buying :p

Should have gone to Specsavers. :shakehead:heh:

Edited by Wii

Screw the haters! I'm with you. :D

[/b]

Should have gone to Specsavers. :shakehead:heh:

hahaah but come on! It really isn't that bad! I understand people prefer the original Wii look, but the red/ black combo is pretty awesome! It also reminds me a little bit of a cube. I just think it really looks mini and really cute, just the way it should look :p

(but let's hope it ends up being cheap in stores....)

I kind of liked the look of it until I saw an unboxing, it reeks of cheap plastic and I'm not really fond of the random black lid. If I ever buy one for some reason though, I imagine you can pull off a bitching paint job.

You Sir are either the world's biggest fool or the world's biggest troll. The fact the Wii came out in 2006 and now in 2013 22% of people surveyed said they would like to buy a Wii Mini is actually extremely healthy.

To have over a fifth of people want a redesign of a product that old actually shows there's a lot of life left in that product and the brand.

As for the looks, you may not like it, but others might - it's totally subjective.

UK retailers: Zero interest in Wii Mini launch #1

Poor Nintendo is having a bit of a rough one at the moment, and that bad luck seems to be continuing with a lack of consumer interest in today's launch of the Wii Mini.

One of Game's flagship stores told TechRadar that it wasn't even stocking the console because demand has been so exceptionally poor, despite having pre-orders up on the site beforehand.

"We've pretty much had nothing. None at all," they said.

HMV also told us that it's not stocking the console at this present time, suggesting interest has also been extremely minimal. It did add, however, that it would consider selling it in the future if demand picked up.

Nintendo's scaled-down Wii is a last attempt to squeeze the success of its former console, which has sold almost 100 million worldwide. But with the Wii U now available, and the PS4 and Xbox 720 on their way, it's little surprise that no one wants an outdated platform - even with its £80 price tag.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming...terest-1139934

Not surprised!

My Wii lit up with the Bat-Signal this morning which must be the first time in at least 6 months. Checked the message and was greeted with this:

Wii Network Services: Partial Discontinuation

We at Nintendo sincerely thank you for your continued patronage of our company’s products. We would like to inform you that a portion of the online services offered through the Wii console will be discontinued from 28th June 2013.

We apologise to those of you currently using these services.

The affected applications are as follows:

Nintendo Channel

News Channel

Forecast Channel

Everybody Votes Channel

Mii Contest Channel

Data exchange with Wii Friends*

* Exchange of Wii messages on the Wii Message Board, exchange of Mii characters on the Mii Channel and message/data exchange within some games will be disabled.

From 28th June 2013, the above services will no longer be available even if they are started up from the Wii Menu.

However, services other than those mentioned above, such as the Wii Shop Channel and “Today’s Accomplishments” on the Wii Message Board, will remain available.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Wii/Wii-Channels/Wii-Network-Services-Partial-Discontinuation/Wii-Network-Services-Partial-Discontinuation-748396.html

Not a big deal as those services were muck, just keep the explorer and shop open. They're what really matter.

..no more exchanges in Wii Music..? :red:

Oh god... tell me it isn't true... just... TELL ME IT ISN'T TRUUUUUE!* :cry:

*I've never actually played Wii Music before.:p

Ha.. @RedShell can expect a piece to be sent to him over the next couple of weeks as a send off to an under-appreciated gem (until it eventually did start to wear thin after countless hours :heh:)

I will have it noted though that I did actually buy Wii Music... for my brother... who never played it and now I have it back.

So I could play it... I'll wait until E3 to see if we're getting a sequel first. :p