Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Scariest Life Experiences

ReZourceman

How could you resist? Does the curiosity still not bug you(cats aside)? I'd not be able to live without opening the door, but then I think even if I had friends and the whole world around me to do it, I'd still be too scared to do so after such an experience. Is there space behind that door, how's the house laid out etc?

Not shitting you or anything, but there's enough space behind the door for probably one person to stand, and that's it :| I've seen waaay too many films to ever actually open the door.

Do what Alex Roivas did. Take a pickaxe to it.

I'm way more of a sissy than she is though. Plus I'd probably castrate myself accidentally if I swung a pickaxe anywhere.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah Jay, it would probably get caught in your creeping vine-esque locks.

There was something else as well... but I can't quite remember it, it'll come back I'm sure.

I have remembered!

It was when my brother and I were having a "dirt" fight with some other kids at the local pub about... Oooh, 8 years ago. With hard clumps of dirt. I was throwing them above the door they were standing under, so it would break and rain upon them. Some little shit thought it would be great to throw one right at my eye. That smarted.

I mean this part:

A few days later, we had some builder's come to finish the bathroom. They tore away a fake wall behind the radiator in order to provide a more secure base for the tiles to adhere to.

Check out what they found.

You made it sound like they found something abnormal.

BTW, awesome writing.

Well...the whole door BEHIND a wall thing is a bit irregular, surely? I don't think I've ever known a door to just be covered up with fake wallage, though I'm slightly curious as to WHY a door would just be covered up with fake new wall! Do you still live in the house, Jay? How much would it cost me to come tear down your wall and open up that door? :p

A door?! There was a door INSIDE the wall? Where does it lead to? And can you draw a schematic?

Did you not see the pictures in his post? One admittedly wouldn't work for me, that was the footprint, but the door one would;

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8646/01door10jh.jpg

Apologies to ReZ, totally derailing this into a thread about Jay's story lol

A door?! There was a door INSIDE the wall? Where does it lead to? And can you draw a schematic?

Did you actually read the story?

He never opened the door since then, i would kill myself or move away from that house.

Or, i would man up and open the door, awaiting an adventure against the unknown

i think the most likly thing was that in the days of yor, it was a storage room, not a water closet, it might have been just off one room, the second enterence added later. the fact the radiator is infront of the door makes me 99.9% sure its an old house. or the designer was a twat.

either way, it was a bit of an odd story.

That's just weird, I'd seriously get a few people round, open the door with them and be armed. Thing is, if no-one was there, you still couldn't be sure that there wasn't anyone there on the night...

The foot thing could be a complete lie, an act, but I don't see the point in lying on a forum.

It reminds me of those freakish urban legends. One I remember was about two women, they were both going to go to a club when one felt ill and stayed behind. The women that was OK tried to convince the other to go but she she was sure that she didn't want to. So she went to the club had a good time, got back pretty late, and she wanted to turn the light on because she thought that she'd heard noises and so she could see what she was doing. However, she didnt want to wake her friend at such an early hour so she just went to bed.

When she woke up she found her friend hanging from the ceiling and the words 'glad you didnt turn on the light?' were written on the wall in blood.

That's just weird, I'd seriously get a few people round, open the door with them and be armed. Thing is, if no-one was there, you still couldn't be sure that there wasn't anyone there on the night...

The foot thing could be a complete lie, an act, but I don't see the point in lying on a forum.

It reminds me of those freakish urban legends. One I remember was about two women, they were both going to go to a club when one felt ill and stayed behind. The women that was OK tried to convince the other to go but she she was sure that she didn't want to. So she went to the club had a good time, got back pretty late, and she wanted to turn the light on because she thought that she'd heard noises and so she could see what she was doing. However, she didnt want to wake her friend at such an early hour so she just went to bed.

When she woke up she found her friend hanging from the ceiling and the words 'glad you didnt turn on the light?' were written on the wall in blood.

Fuck... Fuck fuck fuck! I'm such a pussy!

i dont know what you mean, but i like being included.

my times are intersting, but the ghost time was just difficult.

also, apocryphal is an fun word. does it mean somthing fun, like monkey?

There's an old story about "may you live in interesting times" being a Chinese curse, based on the idea that "interesting" is much the same thing as unpleasant. What you said made me think of it.

Apocryphal basically means "bollocks" in this context, and it sounds fun so I like to use it.

Jay is your UFO story as equally freaky as your ghost story?

I'd have probably been curious enough to open the door, with a bat or knife or something... to fend off ghosts and zombies and stuff.

My UFO story, again, has been on these forums in a few iterations but never written up properly. But still I tend to demand a pint for telling it. sorry :P

i think the most likly thing was that in the days of yor, it was a storage room, not a water closet, it might have been just off one room, the second enterence added later. the fact the radiator is infront of the door makes me 99.9% sure its an old house. or the designer was a twat.

either way, it was a bit of an odd story.

It's definitely not a storage room. I've worked out the possible space that the area behind the door occupies, and it's seriously just enough for someone to stand up in.

I'm glad nobody picked on the other scary-as-fuck elements of my life, which, as far as I'm concerned, have been way more soul-shattering than the ghost/ufo moments.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!