N-Europe

Fallout 3

Daft

My friend apparently got about 3 hours into the game (without saving since the start), and entered some building or other. The other guy inside left and locked the door behind him, leaving my friend in the room with no lock picks and no way to get out.

I've heard this happen to a few people...sounds like a bit of a game breaking bug to me.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's probably too late now, but tell him to keep waiting until the person comes back. Even if they don't open the door he can try to steal a key, or kill the person if their sneak is low.

Alternativly shouldn't he have an autosave somewhere or is the whole building itself locked? Also waiting/sleeping will autosave.

Dunno about the guy coming back, sounds a bit tedious to me having to wait god knows how long for him to get back. The problem was he saved it inadvertently inside, before he realised he was stuck, and his previous save is ~3hours back. (I had something similar happen to me on HL2:Ep2, whereby a glitch prevented me from proceeding. Had to start it all over again, which I couldn't be arsed to do at the time so I didn't play through it properly for a few months)

The story of the dude that got locked inside while robbing is just great. Now he must fight insanity and anxiety by looking for things to do in a small space without luxuries. Bet he'll even kiss the owner of the house when he finally comes back. IF he comes back.

good sales in the uk charts :)

Microsoft and Fable II’s fairytale start to life in the All Formats Chart is cut short by Bethesda’s ‘Fallout 3’ which hands the well respected American developer their first self-published UK All Formats No1.

‘Fallout 3’ was launched on Xbox 360 (55%), PS3 (28%) and PC (17%) and tops each of its individual charts this week with the Xbox 360 launch outselling that of Bethesda’s critically acclaimed ‘Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion’ by 57%. The original Fallout was launched in Q1 1998 and ‘Fallout 2’ in Q4 1998, so gamers have had to wait 10 years for the 3rd official Fallout game. It appears that it was well worth the wait as in two days ‘Fallout 3’ has outsold the total sales to date of every previous Fallout game combined (including spin-offs ‘Fallout Tactics’ and ‘Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel’). Sales of ‘Fable II’ drop 51%, falling from No1 to No4, while ‘FIFA 09’ moves in the other direction, up from No3 to No2. ‘Wii Fit’ enjoys its 3rd best week ever with sales jumping an impressive 126%, up from No8 to No3 and outselling ‘Fallout 3’ on Xbox 360 to become this week’s top selling title across a single format in terms of both units and revenue.

I'm slowly getting into the game. Although I haven't played much/done much in the game it is gripping, you want to level up and kick ass.

I got the house in Megaton by disarming the bomb, now I'm gonna do a bit more killing and searching around in order to get to level 5 and upgrade some stuff. To get to level 4 I killed the fire ant infested town, and they are surprisingly difficult to overcome when you slowly find yourself surrounded. I thought I had loads of ammo but I only just had enough to get away from the place.

Is there a way to upgrade repair skills for a certain period of time because I want to fix them pipes for some XP?

Oh, and I know there's various places around Waste Land but are there many other settlements like Megaton where there's an entrance and exit with various characters?

Is there a way to upgrade repair skills for a certain period of time because I want to fix them pipes for some XP?

Oh, and I know there's various places around Waste Land but are there many other settlements like Megaton where there's an entrance and exit with various characters?

i think you just boost the governing skill, which would be intelegence, so id try that mentos or what ever they call it. failing that, some of the exupiment, like the vaultec manitenence suit increases your repair skill.

theres a few areas kinda like megaton, though most ive found are either smaller, just a few people, or are home to specific groups.

leveling up rules. everytime it happens, i feel like a man.

I'd just like to mention also this is the first game I've played that has Games for Windows - Live! integration, and it is fucking awesome, means I can keep extending my (admittedly extremely pathetic) e-penis in the form of sweet sweet achivements. Makes it all seem so much better.

Now, if only Steam and Live integrated somehow...

I'm so glad they've managed to make the Gamebryo engine not suck this time - in Oblivion, god, it blew, loading the areas so.. unseamlessly. It also runs really well, I'm running it at 1680x1050 with every setting cranked, except 2x AA and 8x AF. (Higher AA modes seem to cause VATS to slow down horribly for no reason).

That was unexpected! So much for the price crashing quickly due to bad sales :( Guess i'll have to bite the bullet and get this (in a few weeks when i have nothing to play again).

But don't you work in Sainsbury's? Who are selling the game for £29?

I've nowhere near 'caught-up' with any of the people on here, but it feels like I've done loads. Killed quite a lot in my advance to my current position.

I'm at the bit where you come out of the underground and the big super mutant thing comes out and knocks the armoured people out. Btw, if you kill that thing yourself, as in getting the final blow, do you get loads of XP? Cause it didn't count as my kill even though I chain-gunned it whilst it was stomping towards me...

I've nowhere near 'caught-up' with any of the people on here, but it feels like I've done loads. Killed quite a lot in my advance to my current position.

I'm at the bit where you come out of the underground and the big super mutant thing comes out and knocks the armoured people out. Btw, if you kill that thing yourself, as in getting the final blow, do you get loads of XP? Cause it didn't count as my kill even though I chain-gunned it whilst it was stomping towards me...

next to the fountian is a gun callled fat man, it'l wipe the fucker out.

Oh man what a classic game thanks for recommendation!

Had a venture outside

Went onto the bridge just outside and cleared it of raiders picked up a sniper rifle then ventured around a bit and got attacked by loads of dogs! Made my way to Megaton and im there now just chilling. Great start so far.

Oh side note the death animations are immense I shot someones leg off using the pistol was well funny.