Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Planet Nibiru - The 10th Planet

Falcon_BlizZACK

mission to mars was a god awful film, but the idea of alien's sewing the seeds of life on earth is not new, indeed, there is a little evidence to surgest it is possible. some single cells can survive in space, say one was on an asteroid, it is pluasable that it may make it to earth, but the most likly thing is it would be destroyed by burning up in our atmosphear.

the simplest and most likly explanation is life started on earth independant of any outher planet or life form.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I was hoping you'd choose something that you'd understand.

2. No. If there was one other possibility, however unlikely, then it isn't certain. It is just the most credible.

Sorry, just chose the first example that came into my head - it helps that my field is one where you can make hypotheses about yourself. Another hypothesis I have tested myself and will call "true" is that white light consists of a mixture of different colours of light.

And yes, your point 2 is completely correct - if you think I was arguing with it, then you simply don't understand Occam's razor. Let's state it:

The hypothesis resting upon the fewest assumptions is the most likely to be correct.

This is a handy method to ensure that your current theory is the best one. Hence we have the scientific modeling process - I propose a model about the universe, and perform experiments to test this model. Based on the results, I modify the model, and repeat until I have a hypothesis that explains my observations. This is still a hypothesis, as is everything in science, but there are some things for which there is such a massive amount of evidence that we might as well say they are "true" - indeed, I'd argue that the semantic definition of the word "true" itself covers such cases. I am far surer of many of the "truths" derived by the scientific method than I am of, say, whether you are an artificial intelligence.

Apologies for any errors in the above; I'm somewhat inebriated. :heh:

The Sumerians didn't know jack. It's all been some exaggerated story based upon some misinterpretation of their stories. You can read anything in old scriptures if you want hard enough, it's the foundation of many religions.

Wikipedia about the asteroid belt formation:

The asteroid belt formed from the primordial solar nebula as a group of planetesimals, the smaller precursors of the planets. Between Mars and Jupiter, however, gravitational perturbations from the giant planet imbued the planetesimals with too much orbital energy for them to accrete into a planet. Collisions became too violent, and instead of sticking together, the planetesimals shattered. As a result, most of the main belt's mass has been lost since the formation of the Solar System. Some fragments can eventually find their way into the inner Solar System, leading to meteorite impacts with the inner planets.
Also:
In 1802, Heinrich Olbers suggested to William Herschel that the belt had been formed from a planet that somehow shattered. Over time however, this hypothesis has fallen from favor. The large amount of energy that would have been required to achieve this effect and the low combined mass of the current asteroid belt, which is only a small fraction of the mass of the Earth's Moon, do not support the hypothesis. Further, the significant chemical differences between the asteroids are difficult to explain if they come from the same planet. Today, most scientists accept that, rather than fragmenting from a progenitor planet, the asteroids never formed a planet at all.
In fact, the biggest asteroid, Ceres, is considered a dwarf planet like Pluto. The most popular theory about the formation of the moon is that it was a planet, though.

2012 will create a change in the world, I don't know about the end of the world but 2012 is when we will be we are switching from the age of pieces to the age of Aquarius; end of an eon. Its what I read anyway.

Age of aquarius - water- 2012 rumoured change in poles, rising water levels etc etc etc

I've just watched 3 hours worth of video footage about the end of the earth. From oracle preditions, nebris to other daft stuff. I'm too tired and can't be bothered about what might happen in the future :P

2012 will create a change in the world, I don't know about the end of the world but 2012 is when we will be we are switching from the age of pieces to the age of Aquarius; end of an eon. Its what I read anyway.

Age of aquarius - water- 2012 rumoured change in poles, rising water levels etc etc etc

I've just watched 3 hours worth of video footage about the end of the earth. From oracle preditions, nebris to other daft stuff. I'm too tired and can't be bothered about what might happen in the future :P

you will forgive me if i fail to hide behind the sofa on december 31st 2011.

But Pisces is also a water sign. XD

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, was about to make a topic regarding the solar system but thought might as well do it in this one...

Now, the last time I actually looked at a solar system map was like in year 6, I am bloody suprised to know that a few minor planets have been discovered!!! Eris looks like a nightmare planet.

A few questions, if new celestial bodies have been found this late in the history of astrology, is the thought of a Planet X or Planet Nibiru really out there? Some say there could be a planet which mirrors the orbit of earth, so we could never see it as it would be at the other side of the sun.

Also, could it possibly be that the asteroid belt is the legacy of a destroyed planet?

800px-Planets2008.jpg

The asteroid thing again? You know how dense the field is? You could plot a random course through the field and if you were lucky you might see something. The distance between an asteroid that could damage a ship in space and another is 2 million kilometers away from each other. The belt is just dense in comparison to other parts of the galaxy.

The asteroid thing again? You know how dense the field is? You could plot a random course through the field and if you were lucky you might see something. The distance between an asteroid that could damage a ship in space and another is 2 million kilometers away from each other. The belt is just dense in comparison to other parts of the galaxy.

See something like what? Apparently Ceres is a dwarf planet within the asteroid belt.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!