N-Europe

Xpert Eleven Season 8: Villan still a loser

Mr_Odwin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that I never have any money -_- too much training I think. All the good players cost 5-10 mil and I have about 1.5 mil. The bonus for winning the league is a bit pathetic as it's the same amount you get from your sponsor on a weekly basis.

edit: the change report is kind of lame... I found myself looking forward to it but nothing worked out as expected. My youth player with average form of 16 and 100% match experience gained no points. Same for my new keeper. While my older keeper with crappy form who I was planning to sell gained a point.

Edited by Shorty

I know what you mean man. I ensured that all but, what, 2 players were on 100% match experience and I was hoping for MOAR but considering I had a shit season I can't really complain. You think your money is bad? I've got less than £1M. I wish I knew more about football so I could make some sort of FC comparison between us and Teh Prem.

P.S. I'm 65% fat-free!

Odwin; do you even find this fun anymore? I hate that you get rewarded fro being so much better than everone else by being given money to increase the abyss between you and everyone else. And, as league admin, I can guess who sets the reward prices :P

I do have fun doing this. I'm still tweaking my team to get it where I want. The ideal situation for me is where you have 2 goalkeepers (7 year age difference), 5 defenders (3 year age difference), 5 midfielders (3 year age difference) and four forwards (4 year age difference). Then when a player gets to a certain age you sell him and buy a new youth so that the flow continues.

I don't set the winnings I'm afraid.

Why is it that I never have any money -_- too much training I think. All the good players cost 5-10 mil and I have about 1.5 mil. The bonus for winning the league is a bit pathetic as it's the same amount you get from your sponsor on a weekly basis.

edit: the change report is kind of lame... I found myself looking forward to it but nothing worked out as expected. My youth player with average form of 16 and 100% match experience gained no points. Same for my new keeper. While my older keeper with crappy form who I was planning to sell gained a point.

An easyish way to get money early on is to develop several youth for a couple of seasons (you can pick up an 18 4 for under 100k) then sell a couple when they are 20 6s. They'll sell for 4mill. Sell a couple and buy an Asmar Franco, which means you can develop the new youth you buy easier because he's so skilled.

Change report-wise I got +13, no reductions.

Just realised, though! I have a fair few youth coming through now, but my average squad age is 23 and my older boys are a bit rubbish... so I'm tempted to buy some 7-skill 28 year old to help plug the gap. Thoughts?

I would sell one or two of your younger players that are of a similar age and then buy a really good older player. (But there's always the danger of retirement!)

I got a 5 on my change report, 3 reduction :/

I think I´m give my defenders an overhaul, I have way too many and some of them are getting into the "getting a bit old" area

Also:

Egill Gudjohnsen gets a nice win bonus from goals scored, so he decides to buy his wife breast enhancement surgery. When she comes home he admires her new look and his form goes through the roof.

:yay:

We need two more players to sign up.

If we were to get four to sign up I we could have three leagues of eight? Quicker seasons, and a little more excitement. But promoted teams from this season are still not in the top league.

Too late to join? I don't like football, but you said I didn't need to so I thought I could give it a try.

Just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. Register at xpert11 and then search for our league ID and apply.

Just to make sure, I did apply for the right league right?

Your team is there now.

Ola, I have applied to return.

Wicked.

Three leagues would be absolutely brilliant. I'd be part of the chop to go down into the new 'middle league' but, if anything, I'd be glad for it :)

Nope you'd stay a premiership side. Shorty, Charlie, etc on the other hand, would be middle-leaguers.