Xpert Eleven Season 8: Villan still a loser

Mr_Odwin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?type=display

Don't leave me hanging J7!

You helped me move up the table I took out a relegation rival!

Still Happenstance and Cube are two of my fave managers so hope you both recover soon. Well not Happenstance really as you are safe from relegation and my 4th place rival!

I think the overall strength of your team depends on how good the youth players you get will be.

One other team I have, with an overall strength of 6, has never got any decent youth players: 18/19 year-olds with a skill of 3. Whereas my main X11 team, with an overall strength of 7, got a few 17 year-olds with a skill of 4 in recent months (which I promptly sold for good money.)

But you're likely to get a youth player who is really good regardless of your team's strength. Like Paul McGrath in my squad: I got him as a 17 year-old with a skill of 4 when my team's strength was 6. He's now 21 and a skill of 8.

Oddy just got an 18 year-old keeper with a skill of 5. Need I say more?

I just spent 406k on a 20 yr old defender with 5 skill, only to get a talent in the youth team - a defender, 19, with 5 skill, and my second youth offer thing in a week, and third in a fortnight... I think I need to find someone to sack in order to squeeze this bad boy onto my squad!

Retirement news out today cause my club is so good everyone wants to stay. Others have not been so lucky!

I have one thing to say to Nial Helleday from Team Cubed

Sorry man that is pretty horrendous news I just couldn't help myself!

Happenstance the other casualty but all the guys leaving him look like losers.

I've had just the one retirement; a 7-skilled defender aged 36, so it's understandable. a 34- and 35-year old stuck around though, and I've just acquired two 5-skilled defenders that'll more than replace the loss in a couple of seasons.

I'm quite pleased with my squad now. Lots of promising youth!

Jesus christ , the only player leaving is my 35 year old keeper. My 38 year old striker is staying on til next season, which is awesome. Shame to see my GK leave, had him from the start, he's a legend within the club. Gold heart and everything.

Albin Kastlander's retiring. Shame, he's been good for me since I got him. 26 goals in 50 games is decent.

I expected my 35 year-old defender to retire, but no. That's good, though, it means I keep my main three defenders for another season while Staunton and Sakurai develop. :smile:

I've lost Christopher Dodds and Mark Rutherglen. Dodds was my main goalkeeper for many moons and has been with me from the start, shame to see him go. Not bothered about Rutherglen at all 'cos he's crap. I have had him since the start though too.