N-Europe

zelda four swords

Portlett

Yep you do...or you can steal your friend's extra character and you control three while he controls one

It's great fun, even with just one player :)

What he said!

Alot of people simply didnt pick it up as they thought you needed extra people to play and enjoy it and this simply isnt the case. Sure its a laugh with mates but playing it in single player mode is just as fun. Its an awesome little title and a worthy addition to any Cube collection :)

Its an amazing game. Especially near the end. The side-scrolling levels were quite fun. Perhaps they should do another Zelda II style game for WiiWare or something.

I've never actually played it with more people. If you could only use GCN controllers for the other 3 people...

I've played this only once unfortunately, but I've always been interested in this, it seemed like great fun (my only experience was too short to really comment on it). But I never got it, in the end I didn't think it was worth it for the very rare instances I got to play it the way it was intended. I hope they'll make a WFC enabled Wiiware sequel though, it would be perfect.

I played this all the way through with four players, sure it took us months to ended it but it was so much fun its insane. I'd like to convince my friends to play it again but playing it with the GBA puts even me down. I just wish they would release this for Wii with DS support, even if it is the same game. Of course a new game with level creation and online would be MUCH better.

I just remembered, to me this game pointed out a mayor flaw in Nintendo's products at that time.. There was no GBA <-> Cube cable for the micro.. So I had to play this on a dark screen of a regular GBA. That was disappointing..

At least the GBA is amazingly comfortable, and really not that bad when you had a light in the room.

Anyway...wasn't the GameCube almost dead when the Micro was released?

I have absolutely no trouble with the level of comfort of the micro (then again, I do have small hands (and you know what they say about people with small hands! No wait, forget what I said)). You're right I think, about the Cube, but I bought the Cube very late in it's lifecycle (I think it was 2005.. Had some catching up to do). And the Famicom micro was too damn cool too pass up. And the backlit screen is significantly better than a regular screen, even in a well lit room.. So at that point, I was pretty disappointed about Nintendo's support of the micro, even in Japan they didn't have a Micro / Cube cable I think. In hindsight, I guess I don't know why it bothered me that much, I didn't buy 4 swords in the end, and I have only 2 games myself that use the linkcable as far as I know.

I love the Micro and I've got medium/large hands. It may be small, but it fills your hand nicely, unlike the thin rectangle that is the DS Lite. The ergonomics of it are brilliant and the screen is top class.

As for Zelda: Four Swords Adventure, it's brilliant! I only played it single player, as I never bought a GBA SP (and only knew one person with one), but it didn't detract from my enjoyment at all. Visually, it's the pinnacle of 2D Zelda, with beautiful level design, loads of effects and no "SNES slowdown" (thanks to the GameCube's CPU). I really do prefer it to Link to the Past now, or any of the other 2D Zeldas really.

I'm actually thinking about picking up a used micro at some point when I buy a DSi. I'll keep my old DS, but If I feel like playing GBA games, I'm not sure I'm going to want to carry around my old DS, and I can't be bothered to put batteries into my original GBA and then have to play it under a light.

Can you connect a DS phat up? Since it has the same port the GBA had... I never played this for the reason that HoT stated, I thought you needed 4 people with GBAs and cables to enjoy it. I actually have a GBA, an SP and a chunky DS so I could play it with my 2 flat mates if the latter works...

I'm in fact getting the urge to play it now. Unfortunately my Wii is in portsmouth being fixed.

So is mine.

But four swords adventures is quite a nifty title, while it should be played with more than one person for maximum enjoyment, the single player can surely keep you entertained, too bad other games were coming out I wanted and I stopped playing.