Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Punch-Out!!

Tellyn

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I've never been a fan of the Punch Out!! series. Didn't like either the NES or SNES title yet over the last few days, I've been progressively become more interested in this. I will say the music is catchy enough to pull me in. Don't know whether it's something that I'd fully enjoy playing, especially the multiplayer as it does look rather withheld, but I may perhaps pick this up, if mainly to play along to that music.

Check the Nintendo Channel guys, looks like Joe Calzaghe's spearheading the advertising campaign for Punch-Out!! in the UK!

That is awfully put together. AWFUL. Who the eff is doing their video content!?! That guy presenter is beyond atrocious!! Baffling. Embarrassing!

That is awfully put together. AWFUL. Who the eff is doing their video content!?! That guy presenter is beyond atrocious!! Baffling. Embarrassing!

You've never seen a Nintendo Channel interview before? This is the usual format, I think someone from Nintendo of Europe suddenly remembers that they're actually supposed to provide new content for the Channel every few months or so, and so asks their brother-in-law's mate to go down and press a celebrity for a bit.

You've never seen a Nintendo Channel interview before? This is the usual format, I think someone from Nintendo of Europe suddenly remembers that they're actually supposed to provide new content for the Channel every few months or so, and so asks their brother-in-law's mate to go down and press a celebrity for a bit.
Yeah, It's pretty embarrassing though. :blank:

It's also really annoying how there's no consistency at all throughout the videos as far as sound levels are concerned, I'm constantly adjusting the volume when watching vids on there. Up, down, up, down, up, down... :heh:

But hey, at the end of the day it's better than nothing.

Hopefully they'll get those awesome Punch-Out!! ads up soon. :grin:

Just a heads up, Some pictures of who the secret fighter is are floating around already, so if you don't want to know try and avoid it. I think that particular character is an awesome suprise (if it's not fake)

You're not helping.

image502.jpg

You are not helping either! ( thanks for the OST though)

After my experience with Brawl, I think I prefer not to know.

Edit: FUCKING HELL! People are such assholes, beware the comments of the OST have the secret character. Some random asshole just fucked it up for me.

Edited by Shino

Argh!

Must... Resist...

Don't... click... Spoiler-tag...

Seeing as everybody is so excited about and most (sorry Shino) try to keep it a secret (like GoNintendo), it must be pretty awesome. C'mon, just a few more days...

The internet has many advantages... but having massive spoilers about every twist and turn in a game before it's even out sure isn't one of them.

I wouldn't say it's an awesome last fighter for the game but then as I'm not really a fan of the series it doesn't matter. Still, when people do find out who it is after playing the game then I'm sure many will be happy.

I still need to decide whether to get this or not. I'd like to try it but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the £30 something it'll cost as I don't really see it much as a big improvement on the NES/SNES titles. If I can find it lower than the RRP then I may well pick it up, mainly because the music is all kinds of awesome.

Yep, there are reports coming in that the game in on shelves. Unusually early for a Nintendo game, but I'm not complaining. ;)

Secret character #14, here I come!

Update: Yep, I called my store, and I'm picking it up right after work.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Saw an advert for this on ITV last night, which reminds me...

Challenge Joe Calzaghe to Nintendo’s Punch- Out!! on HMV Oxford Street’s main stage

WHAT: On-stage computer challenge and signing session

WHERE: HMV London, 150 Oxford Street W1D 1DJ

WHEN: Sunday 24th May 2009 from 11.30 am

The undefeated former world boxing champion Joe Calzaghe visit’s HMV’s flagship Oxford Street store in London’s West End, on Sunday 24th May 2009 to help launch Nintendo’s new release, ‘Punch-Out!!’ on the Wii by competing against members of the public on the store’s main stage.

Joe will be at the store from 11.30 am to play the new game against any challengers on the stage and in front of the big screen. Joe will then remain in the store to meet fans and sign copies of the new game, which is officially released on the 22nd May 2009.

‘Punch-Out!!’ was one of the biggest names in boxing and the release on the Nintendo Wii follows a 15-year hiatus. In ‘Punch-Out!!’ you play as young up-and-coming fighter Little Mac who, with the help of his ringside trainer Doc Lewis, is working his way through the ranks of a wide variety of boxing caricatures, each with their own patterns of attacks.

Due to anticipated demand to meet Joe Calzaghe the event will be wristbanded. Fans can pick free wristbands at HMV’s 150 Oxford Street store only, from 10.30 am on the day of the event. One wristband per customer, in person only, on a first come first serve basis. No reservations.

Link

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!