Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

"New Play Control" Games!

Hero-of-Time

I can't wait for Prime. For me it was the best game of Cube era, and the only thing that slightly annoyed me was the controls as you couldn't move and fire and free look, you had to lock onto an enemy.

This will be the perfect edition - and with inclusion of a proper widescreen mode that just tops it off nicely.

I'm also looking forward to Pikmin as I never play the original.

I also forgot how great Prime looks, it's going to be a treat - and hopefully at a bargain price point too.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never played Pikim, but I have been tempted to buy it on many occasions for the GC, but never got round to it. If it's been discounted to £14.99 or so in a few months, I'll defintley buy it for the Wii.

Also looking forward to Luigi's Mansion and hopeful that if they re-release Mario Kart : Double Dash it'll have an online mode, but then again it would seem rather short to new-comers, as there's only 16 tracks, and 4 of them are in the Wii version. I image Nintendo will release MK: DD at Christmas here so they could get another No.1.

Really should think about picking up Pikmin as that is one of the GC games that I regret getting rid of.

I still can't help feeling that these 'Play on Wii' titles should be priced a little cheaper , probably around the £18 mark , a la Endless Ocean , and the current pricing is what is deterring me at the moment.

That and the fact that I seem to remember picking up all 30 ship parts in around 15 days so there won't be much reason to go through it again (apart from the fact that the game is as charming as anything).

I haven't seen any yet, would be cool if I see some since I haven't really seen any footage fo this yet.

I've seen the ads on a few channels but they are more frequent on... erm!.. jetix & Nictoons etc. Not that i watch them........ Honest!!!

i;m ALWAYS suprised some people have it in for metroid prime though.. it shares so much with the zelda games it's mad..

exploration,upgrades,back tracking(which people always complain about in metroid games but it's far more evident in zelda games). Both series are better for different things..

just a thought i've always had.Don't think enough people gave metroid prime a chance because of the "different " controls, Think it might also be too difficult for most. echoes most certainly was.

but anyway a prime trilogy will never happen for the person who suggested it.. just a bad idea maybe in another 5 years.. Nintendo only ever did the collection thing 3 times as far as I know..

the puzzle collection for gamecube.. never made it out of japan..

zelda collectors edition..only special edition

and mario all-stars which didn't critically score very well for SOME reason i'll never know why.

I salute thee.

ugh........

i;m ALWAYS suprised some people have it in for metroid prime though.. it shares so much with the zelda games

Absolutely. I think the ONLY reason the Prime series has suffered is because its consistenty, and quite wrongly, compared with Bungies underwhelming but massively hyped Halo series.

mario all-stars which didn't critically score very well for SOME reason i'll never know why.

Really??? How bizarre.

And so we should. How's the controls?

Controls are great, no idea why Ngamer complained so much. One awkward button combo though, you need to press down on the D-pad + A to switch between the leaf, bud and flower Pikmin. I picked up the new controls straight away though so complaints from me.

For menus you use the analogue stick or d-pad, but I kept pointing at the screen and wondering why it wasn't working :P

The game looks amazing as well.

Absolutely. I think the ONLY reason the Prime series has suffered is because its consistenty, and quite wrongly, compared with Bungies underwhelming but massively hyped Halo series.

Really??? How bizarre.

while it's hard to find a review from the time.. some are god awful i've seen heres an average enough one

http://www.snesclassics.com/snes-articles/super-mario-allstars-review.php

well generally even these days on-line you get a few average reviews..

I think it's one of the best games ever.

one of those games that's favourability improved overtime.. i wonder if there are any gams like that now.. for all we know wii music might be classed as a classic in the future.

Yes. The reason the prime games suffered was because the Mainstream gamers bought it thinking it was just like Halo and then when they found out it wasn't, they went and told all their friends that it sucked an not to buy it.

They just needed to make it more clear that it wasn't an FPS game.

I just bought Pikmin for Wii.

The graphics are exactly the same but the real update is the very good controls.If I can I will post detailed impressions later.But,If you loved the Gamecube game you will adore this.Keep in mind that aside the controls the rest of the game is essentially the same.

One final note.In order to create a save file this game uses 31 precious memory blocks!For a Gamecube game!!!What is Nintendo thinking?:mad:

mind that aside the controls the rest of the game is essentially the same.

One final note.In order to create a save file this game uses 31 precious memory blocks!For a Gamecube game!!!What is Nintendo thinking?:mad:

I'm guessing it's because of the new feature where you can return to a previous day, so they need a larger file save to store data for each day.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!