NEurope
Dante

Church Sign Kissed a Girl

I think what was said, jokingly, is that the sign promotes homosexuality because it claims that kissing a girl gets you a place in hell. Which sparked discussion of people like this.

no no i didnt think it actually did promote homosexuality ~ i just thought that maybe for once a christian was more bothered by a different subject... ^__^

The sign is lol-worthy. On various different levels.

(Although that music video DEFINATELY shouldn't be geared towards the teen audience)

The best part is this thread's title, though. It cracks me up every time. :grin:

Literally burst out laughing whilst water in my mouth. Lotta water on my desk. Lotta stares at me. Amazing.

Ive laughed uncontrollably twice this morning already. Good day.

Thanks Dante.

I'm not gonna defend this guy and the sign, but when you guys are into a discussion about christians and homosexuals, I'd just liked to point out that God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality, and the same should go for every christian too.

I'm not gonna defend this guy and the sign, but when you guys are into a discussion about christians and homosexuals, I'd just liked to point out that God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality, and the same should go for every christian too.

Are being serious? Because in my mind this a pretty obvious flamebait for a tired and boring argument...

I'd just liked to point out that God doesn't hate homosexuals, he hates homosexuality, and the same should go for every christian too.

To see how this is no better change what is hated: "God doesn't hate blacks, he hates black skin, and the same should go for every christian too".

In my mind, they're equally bad statements. It's odd how racism is seen as worse than hating homosexuality. Both are equally natural things to hate.

Come to think of it, reading the old testament makes it pretty damn clear that my altered statement is 'true', too.

Oh, and how come every Finn ever to come onto this forum is a god-botherer?

To see how this is no better change what is hated: "God doesn't hate blacks, he hates black skin, and the same should go for every christian too".

In my mind, they're equally bad statements. It's odd how racism is seen as worse than hating homosexuality. Both are equally natural things to hate.

Oh, and how come every Finn ever to come onto this forum is a god-botherer?

Where have you heard that God hates Black skin? I've never heard of that or was that an example? If it was not an example then to my knowledge there's nothing in the Bible that supports such a thing. I don't know any other Finns on this forum so I can't answer that question...

It's btw also a big difference between hating homosexuality, but not homosexuals... Some might see it as the same thing, but hating homosexuality means saying no to gay-marriages in church and things like that because it's wrong. But we should still respect and love homosexuals like all other person on this earth.

Where have you heard that God hates Black skin? I've never heard of that or was that an example?

I meant it as to show how malevolent what you said was. You were saying that your god doesn't hate people who are naturally different to others, he hates the difference. The difference you gave was homosexuality. However, if you were to replace it with, say, black skin, an equally natural difference, you should see how unjustifiable a statement you made.

It's btw also a big difference between hating homosexuality, but not homosexuals... Some might see it as the same thing, but hating homosexuality means saying no to gay-marriages in church and things like that because it's wrong. But we should still respect and love homosexuals like all other person on this earth.

Evidence for the bold part, bitte?

If you're discriminating against them (which you are), you really have an odd concept of 'respect and love'.

I must say, such a sign outside a church is rather offencive. why attack lesbians? they arnt hurting any one. its fine to have your own religious belifes, but by shouting them at outhers all your doing is alienting your self.

for me, athism is my religious view point. you could call a university or musium my places of worship. if i were to put a sign outside saying "devote your life to god and piss it away". im stating my view, im not saying i disslike christians or any outher religious group, yet im sure id get called a few names/attacked. i dont see why the church is exempt because they are stating somthing they read in a book.

oh and my sign kicks ass.

I meant it as to show how malevolent what you said was. You were saying that your god doesn't hate people who are naturally different to others, he hates the difference. The difference you gave was homosexuality. However, if you were to replace it with, say, black skin, an equally natural difference, you should see how unjustifiable a statement you made.

Evidence for the bold part, bitte?

If you're discriminating against them (which you are), you really have an odd concept of 'respect and love'.

Okay, I see your point, but I don't agree. God has made us different so it is according to His will that we are as we have been made, as an example you're not like me and I'm not like you. But noone has been made homosexual by God, that is a choice some people make and it's against God's will.

The Bible is my evidence, since English is not my mother language and I don't have a Bible in English I won't quote anything from it, but it's all there.

How can he do anything when he's not even real?

Okay, I see your point, but I don't agree. God has made us different so it is according to His will that we are as we have been made, as an example you're not like me and I'm not like you. But noone has been made homosexual by God, that is a choice some people make and it's against God's will.

The Bible is my evidence, since English is not my mother language and I don't have a Bible in English I won't quote anything from it, but it's all there.

Excuse me? I didn't choose to like Men as well as Women. It just happened, I did not think "Oh, I think I'll go and fuck a dude" one day. People cannot choose who they are attracted to and I resent the fact you think they can.

Excuse me? I didn't choose to like Men as well as Women. It just happened, I did not think "Oh, I think I'll go and fuck a dude" one day. People cannot choose who they are attracted to and I resent the fact you think they can.

But it would be your choice to marry him. There are some things that I feel attracted to that are against God's will and because it is so, I try to stay away from those things simply because it would be wrong.

bullshit!

Homosexuality is not a 'choice'. The very idea of such a thing is nothing but repugnant propaganda spread by bigots and closed minded infants. Homosexuality; with all it's subtle and wide ranging facets is, for gay men and women, as much a part as their natural being as hetrosexuality is for straight people.

1: lies. Homossexuality comes from birth. You don't choose to be gay, you just are or aren't.

2: God may have made you, but I assure he didn't make me.

3: You're using a book which is classified as fiction for evidence. How does that make any sense? How can a story that was written and made up by men be used as evidence, without any logical or scientific backing up?

Lions can talk. My evidence is Timmy's Day At The Zoo.

1: lies. Homossexuality comes from birth. You don't choose to be gay, you just are or aren't.

3: You're using a book which is classified as fiction for evidence. How does that make any sense? How can a story that was written and made up by men be used as evidence, without any logical or scientific backing up?

My favourite post.

Realistically, I'd prefer people had their own opinions, rather making up shit from a book, made up of shit.

As you know I'm a christian, so these answers is probably not anything you agree with, but anyway:

1: God has made everyone, but he didn't make anyone as gay, therefore it's not possible for it to come from birth.

2. God has made you too, my friend. You are far too complicated to have been made by an accident... or whatever you believes.

3. It is classified as fiction by non-believers. But have you ever thought of the possibility that they might be wrong? The Bible was written by men, but inspired by God. Therefore it is God's words.

lol, at that last part...

@ 1: Clearly, that's not true.

Well duh. But the bible probably has a vague anecdote about sheep that "proves" he's right.

biblefiction1pc9.jpg

Also, I can't talk about religion or about God. Because football will always somehow come into the discussion. :blank:

lets not forget, animals can be gay too. clearly its not a choice, there is considerable genetic evidence.

as for its not ok for gays to marry, who the fuck is the church to say. muslims and jews get married, hindus get married and their religion is totaly different from western religion, so how come the church can say yay or nay. lets not forget you can getmarried outside of church, and by people who arnt religious. my aunty does it, and shes aithiest.

How the hell can you say God made me, but God didn't make me Bisexual? I'm confused, do you still actually believe this was a choice people made when they reached a certain age? I mean come on, It's not like there's a box to tick and instead of going for "girl" I chose "both" is there? Jeez. This whole belief system is the basis of homophobia and needs to be delt with, now.

As far as I was aware they hadn't made a definitive link to a gene that meant you would be gay, they had only suggested that it was a possibility.

Judging by the replies to Nasir I guess they've now confirmed 100% now though, so could someone link me to a credible site that documents exactly which gene indicates whether or not you are homosexual?

I think it would be interesting to read about how they made this incredible breakthrough in science.