NEurope
weeyellowbloke

We're all going to die....

thing is, there's simply too much space to ever cross. Even if someone out there managed to fold space and time and travel between stars, the chance of them ever finding us, specifically, is so insanely small it basically can't even be comprehended by the human brain.

While I in no way agree with maase, we do have to ponder why we have never encountered evidence of other intelligent life forms in the universe, considering there are star billions of years older than our own, and there are more of them than sand on earth (or something like that), each with its respective planets, why isn't there proof of species like us?

Maybe, somehow, every single one of those civilizations eventually self destroyed, probably with something as improbable as creating a black hole on their own planet.

thats actualy a very intersting take on it, it had never occured to me....

my view would be that, according to our best scientific estimates, traveling faster then light speed is not possible, with an estimate of half light speed being the fastest craft possible to make (id debate this, but to be honest, scientists are going to know better) the distance between out planet and the nearest we deem inhabitable is so vast that any excursion would require us to either some how freeze the crew (whod want to come back to dead friends and family?) or set up some sort of living quaters, where generations lived and breeded, which is a huge drain on resorces.

in short, maybe we havent had contact cos it isnt worth it?

lol

You silly fools. Duke Nukem Forever hasn't been released yet. Earth won't be destroyed before it's release.

thing is, there's simply too much space to ever cross. Even if someone out there managed to fold space and time and travel between stars, the chance of them ever finding us, specifically, is so insanely small it basically can't even be comprehended by the human brain.

This reminds me of a conversation me and my bro were having about X-Files. It's amazing Mulder never lost his shit and just started slapping that bitch Scully around the place. I know disbelief in aliens is common enough, but Scully lives in such a state of denial it borders on the psychotic. She could be sitting on crashed saucer with bulbous aliens dead and dying around her while another saucer overhead nicks their car, and she'd still be telling Mulder to stop making it all up.

lol

You silly fools. Duke Nukem Forever hasn't been released yet. Earth won't be destroyed before it's release.

Isn't likely at this point that Duke Nukem Forever will be the cause of Earth's destruction?

This reminds me of a conversation me and my bro were having about X-Files. It's amazing Mulder never lost his shit and just started slapping that bitch Scully around the place. I know disbelief in aliens is common enough, but Scully lives in such a state of denial it borders on the psychotic. She could be sitting on crashed saucer with bulbous aliens dead and dying around her while another saucer overhead nicks their car, and she'd still be telling Mulder to stop making it all up.

Also Scully needed was for Mulder to give her a long hard....discussion, and she would loosen up a little.

The Aliens are amongst us, anyway. There's no way in hell that Maase is human.

Shino, nop, quite on the contrary.

The proof of intelligent life in other planets is exactly that THEY DIDN'T CONTACT US

Try to think about it, what would happen to them if they approached us/we approached them

We would fuck them

It's unlikely that the world will end this way, but if we do make the planet collapse into a black hole, then it's certainly a very, very cool way to go.

:awesome:

Shino, nop, quite on the contrary.

The proof of intelligent life in other planets is exactly that THEY DIDN'T CONTACT US

Try to think about it, what would happen to them if they approached us/we approached them

We would fuck them

Because the fact that they can space travel, wouldn't make them more than able to defend against us?

TBH I'm quite excited by this. Not at what we may discover from it but the fact that I may get to see what's inside a black hole.

And who exactly cares if it does create a black hole that sucks us all in? It would suck us all in. So it doesn't matter that you may die because so will everyone else.

All this crap about 2012 is bollocks imo.

I know. We aren't going to do as well as these olympics.

For those wondering, a femtosecond is one quadrillionth — or a thousand trillionths — of a second.

Why's it called a femtosecond? Because that's about how long a woman can stay quiet for.

I was suppossed to be visiting CERN next year but I got an E in Physics. Need to get the deposit back.

Why's it called a femtosecond? Because that's about how long a woman can stay quiet for.

Haha, quite a funny one. :heh:

TBH I'm quite excited by this. Not at what we may discover from it but the fact that I may get to see what's inside a black hole.

And who exactly cares if it does create a black hole that sucks us all in? It would suck us all in. So it doesn't matter that you may die because so will everyone else.

I know. We aren't going to do as well as these olympics.

rim-shot-johnny-utah.thumbnail.jpg

Because the fact that they can space travel, wouldn't make them more than able to defend against us?

HAHAHAHA...

Oh, were you serious?

First of all, we don't even know if they have that, lol.

Second, i didn't say they wouldn't defend, of course they would win the battle, but they would sacrifice themselves, think about it, a World War, us humans would, in pression, all try to find defensive that would kill millions, or worse, steal weapons, etc.

Is very possible that they end up destroying our world first, but i believe that sooner or later, we would fuck them too.

This reminds me of a conversation me and my bro were having about X-Files. It's amazing Mulder never lost his shit and just started slapping that bitch Scully around the place. I know disbelief in aliens is common enough, but Scully lives in such a state of denial it borders on the psychotic.

Well I've only seen the first 3 seasons, but at the end of the first one she pretty much accepts that aliens exist. She just doubts Mulder's tendancy to link everything to aliens.

You can actually thank us Danes for the prefixes femto and atto. Those two numbers are normally written 10^15 and 10^18 respectively. 15 and 18 are called "femten" and "atten" in Danish, thus the prefixes.

You can actually thank us Danes for the prefixes femto and atto. Those two numbers are normally written 10^15 and 10^18 respectively. 15 and 18 are called "femten" and "atten" in Danish, thus the prefixes.

shnope, 10^-15 and 10^-18, otherwise it's reaallly biiiggg.

i thought it was the center of the galexy, and it was called a super massive black hole

also, black holes are scary, but i have no fear of one destroying the world, a bit like godzilla. scary, but we neednt worry.

Fuck my life. I sound like a complete twat now. Yeah I meant the galaxy.

HAHAHAHA...

Oh, were you serious?

Second, i didn't say they wouldn't defend, of course they would win the battle, but they would sacrifice themselves, think about it, a World War, us humans would, in pression, all try to find defensive that would kill millions, or worse, steal weapons, etc.

Is very possible that they end up destroying our world first, but i believe that sooner or later, we would fuck them too.

with out a world, our capacity for fucking is, well fucked. also, what type of alien would travel half way across the universe to start a fight with a technologicaly inferiour race? and why would humans, seeing how mighty the aliens are, provolke them into fighting?

Fuck my life. I sound like a complete twat now. Yeah I meant the galaxy.

no worries, i called a car mam once.

I think the reason nobody has contacted us, is simply because nobody else has survived long enough to actually be able to develop the technology needed. Or perhaps being in the outer reaches of our galaxy makes us insignificant, or perhaps just unfound. Who knows, maybe closer to the center of the galaxy there is already intergalactic travel and they just haven't reached us yet.

HAHAHAHA...

Oh, were you serious?

Why did I even gave you the benefit of the doubt? Consider this my last reply to anything stupid you say.