NEurope
thirtynine.

Google Chrome

I haven't had any problems with it.

What have you found? I heard it was slow loading videos but I haven't tried that yet.

It doesnt show some sites correctly, like NE, and doesnt load all java things properly either.

Beta = not neccesarily working. If you don't want to try something that *could* be faulty you don't try a beta. Theres nothing about no excuses, you aren't even paying for it :indeed:

Once I worked out how to get my favourite on it, s'all good. I quite like actually. Seems a bit slow, maybe its cause i'm on a wireless data card, i'm not sure - i'll give it a test with my normal broadband at some point.

The only minor annoyance for me is the scrolling with mouse. I think I must have my Firefox set up so it scrolls slower, and its kinda making me a tad confused :heh:

It is a big company, so they have a reputation to keep.

Thats worth alot to them, if their products have hge kink in them. Its tainted.

It doesnt show some sites correctly, like NE, and doesnt load all java things properly either.

NO but did you not listen ITS A BETAAAAA!!! A BETTTAA its in the user acceptance policy thinger! Users test it and send error reports thats the whole bloody point. Pft.

<calm>

Also! I found extra options on the forum, that I didnt have when I use firefox. I swear I haven't haxxed! :/

nomnomnomcarrots.jpg

all that advanced searching, linear mode and printing shizzle... Is that supposed to be there?

IT'S NOT A PRODUCT, YET.

Thats the difference with Beta versions, they aren't 'products'. Google Chrome is still in the Testing stage of development, they've released it as a public beta to test how it works on a large scale. It's common practice these days.

If they didn't do public testing then Chrome and loads of other software would never see public use for another year. To top that off it'd also be more buggy upon release in 12 months time than it will through a public beta. Public Betas are VERY efficient at finding problems :)

No its true! I never noticed them until I started using chrome aswell!!

BETA!! (some things on facebook i.e. java doesnt work properly ... :( )

NE is working fine with me.

I had a go with this browser on my wired internet, and the "go to new post" button actually DOES work. It was just going so slowly with my data card that it was faster for me to actually scroll to the correct place.

Is it just me finding it a lot slower than firefox? I'm finding the same with BOTH my data card and my wired internet.

The scrolling - it jumps down too many "lines" imo (windows can't seem to override this with its settings, unlike firefox which does adapt)

(Oh and NE main site works fine with me too - haven't come across any broken ones YET)

I had a go with this browser on my wired internet, and the "go to new post" button actually DOES work. It was just going so slowly with my data card that it was faster for me to actually scroll to the correct place.

Is it just me finding it a lot slower than firefox? I'm finding the same with BOTH my data card and my wired internet.

The scrolling - it jumps down too many "lines" imo (windows can't seem to override this with its settings, unlike firefox which does adapt)

(Oh and NE main site works fine with me too - haven't come across any broken ones YET)

There is a go to new post button?! omg...

Strange That I dont have any problem with my scroll wheel or the bar on the browser. The amount of lines it goes down is fine :)

It's weird different people are getting different problems. It's running perfect for me... which is strange since I normally break everything. :heh:

I found Chrome to start-up quicker than Firefox, but load the actual pages a lot slower than Firefox does. I tested this out on numerous sites including Youtube, BBC, ZU, N-E and Hotmail. All of these pages loaded quicker on Firefox.

And then, if you decide to un-install Chrome, you are presented with a questionnaire to why you decided to stop using Chrome.

NO but did you not listen ITS A BETAAAAA!!! A BETTTAA its in the user acceptance policy thinger! Users test it and send error reports thats the whole bloody point. Pft.

<calm>

Also! I found extra options on the forum, that I didnt have when I use firefox. I swear I haven't haxxed! :/

nomnomnomcarrots.jpg

all that advanced searching, linear mode and printing shizzle... Is that supposed to be there?

Thats supposed to be hidden under the link things at the top, thats one of the things i was talking about.

Ive tried 3 new betas this weekend, including Chrome, Firefox 3, and IE 8 and all 3 of them give me problems viewing this site. IE 7 ftw!

Erm, I just downloaded Chrome. Very nice.

Is there any way to change the font kinda? Like...on new IE it is quite blurred, but in a nice way. It looks better. Now its on Chrome its kinda ugly. Does anyone know what I mean?

Erm, I just downloaded Chrome. Very nice.

Is there any way to change the font kinda? Like...on new IE it is quite blurred, but in a nice way. It looks better. Now its on Chrome its kinda ugly. Does anyone know what I mean?

I know what you mean, but i dunno how to change it.

Its too crisp, sharp, or what ever.

I managed to get chrome working at school. Its a lovely browser. The only thing I don't like is the skin. Though, I assume it will be slightly different in OS X when they finally release it. I may actually switch from Safari when it comes out.

Ok so finally decided to try out chrome and I really love it but got one major problem using it at the moment. I can't use hotmail...I can log in ok and everything but when I go to read my messages if I click on individual emails they won't open... it just says javascript;: in the corner.

SORTED turns out quick change of the target code...makes it think its another browser and it works. phew...

For all those who prefer Firefox over Chrome mainly because of Extensions, Chrome's Extensions are nearly ready.

In the Beta/Development versions they're already implemented and developers can upload their extensions now.

There's a pretty good version of AdBlock that I'm using now, as well as a nifty feature which lets me to add an RSS feed to Google Reader without leaving a page. There's also plenty of others that I'm not that bothered about (Mouse Gestures and media stuff).

I like the browser but it freezes on me. I am using Windows 7 and tried running chrome with Vista compatability mode but still no joy.

Google chrome webstore: https://chrome.google.com/webstore

The store can be viewed in any browser but obviously to download and install apps chrome is needed.

googlechromelaunch0556.jpg

Good selection of apps here. From games to utilities and productivity there is a large array of apps on offer.

It looks like Google are getting ready to release Chrome OS. They sent me a link with a survey for a free Chrome OS Notebook, but unfortunately it's only for people in the USA. I applied anyway (and said that I would be willing to pay for postage) - no harm in trying.

I'm finding currently that chrome every so often and randomly when I click something will make a new blank page appear. It's very annoying and I can't seem to find out why..

So which of Google Chrome's apps aren't basically just bookmarks? :/

Its all pulling info from the cloud so you could say its all just bookmarks...?

So which of Google Chrome's apps aren't basically just bookmarks? :/

I've tested a few apps/games and they're available offline.

Edit: Seems that some are available offline, and some of them aren't.

Edited by Cube