N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

I find it enjoyable to know that you've pissed someone off on the other side of the world by getting a crap kill. There's obviously a flip-side. At least you can't win deathmatches with it, although Killzone 2 doesn't offer free-for-all.

That is just wonderful information that give the online +10

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, never tried joining a clan before. If we all find our strengths, get some good teamwork and voice-chat going it could be an amazing experience. Just saying 'Great kill there mate' could really boost your concentration even though it sounds a bit cheesy in writing.

^ Well if I don't really mind, but I have sent a lot of time in deathmatches on Res2, but teamwork makes more sense and broadens gameplay.

Thats up to you. Clans are fun for association and valour points though. Should be good for some serious matches. You can schedule them in the game so everyone knows. Hopefully we may even make a name for ourselves?

Less than 18 hours for the single player demo!

I've decided I will do the training mode on it but won't do the first 2 levels. Seeing as I've already played the beta it probably won't spoil anything but will instead just refresh the controls and feel.

The more I think about it the more I like the sound of clans and teamwork. Winning a match with the the NE lads will be quality, especially because we have some mad cod players (admittedly - I can't keep the pretending act up now) but also noobs like Flameboy. I want it to happen just depends if others do too. I don't think there is an easy way of setting it all up yet.

Thats up to you. Clans are fun for association and valour points though. Should be good for some serious matches. You can schedule them in the game so everyone knows. Hopefully we may even make a name for ourselves?

Less than 18 hours for the single player demo!

So its out tomorrow?

I was just getting used to the controls, went to alternate 2, had to have a button for zooming in.

It was good, I enjoyed it, better than COD4 campaign as I liked the cover system. FPS's aren't really my thing though. Probably a rent and thats it.

I caved and downloaded it.

Perfect length.

I'm also on alternate 2 controls. Still a bit fiddly but the game looks amazing. Played through it twice and the AI seems pretty varied.

Looks phenomenal. It's grey but it just makes all the splashes of colours on the screen look that much nicer.

Too short! I guess that's good in a way, as it definitely left me wanting more, but I was just getting a feel for it and boom, over.

This demo reminded me of one thing - I hate the Playstation controllers, but I especially hate them when it comes for FPS'. I got the hang of it by the end of my second playthrough, but were this on the 360 I would've picked it up in a second. The Dualshock just seems... wrong when it comes to FPS', but eh, what can ya do?

Everything else seemed funky. It looks fantastic, and, moreso than that, it has lovely little touches - like them reacting to to the exact places I shot them. I noticed a few little glitches when it came to animations switching (one guy was in a stumbling animation, then instantly changed to a waving arms one when he reached the ledge) but aside from that... phwoar. Seems to have nice atmosphere, too, though the length of the demo means I can't really judge that properly yet.

Also find it kinda hard at first, but then I learnt to use cover and headshotted them sons of bitches before they knew what hit them. Feels like CoD4, but with a slightly more realistic edge. Or at least punishing edge. Can't decide which.

I'll be pre-ordering it this weekend. :)

I don't like the way if you have zoom hold on when u need to reload it starts twitching until you let go of the button. They'll fix that right? thats pretty big.

I will try this out to see what you mean. Do you have zoom on toggle or hold?

In the beta I played using standard controls. Whacked up speed to about 80% on both x and y axis. No cover in multiplayer.

If you hate trigger buttons being small then you have this:

41cSzuq-LFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Just £2.99 delivered

Not a problem for me but some seem to like this.

Get this so we can chat:

ps3_bluetooth_01.jpg

I wish you could remap the controls. I would put the gun sight on X and move jump to the right stick.

Yeah they limited it to preconfigured controls. That was one of the criticsms in the beta. Just try the different ones and see. The default is considered the best for the game in multiplayer though.

Dpad btw is for class based functions. E.g Revive, medpack etc.

Finally downloaded after 2 hours +. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it looks stunning even running through the normal red-yellow-white cable connection. Will probably plonk for a HDMI cable soon as they're pretty cheap so it'll look even nicer. The game controls pretty well, at least once you increase the y and x axis sensitivity, although as I'm coming off of the back of being a serial 360 FPS player to this it felt a little weird. I could still get the kills easily enough but it's just getting used to the controls. Perhaps I'll load up CoD4 and get used to them on there. Should then be a small shift to this when it comes out. But I will repeat an earlier problem I have with the controller and it is the stick placement. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it really did feel awkward especially for the running and when in cover.

Finally downloaded after 2 hours +. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it looks stunning even running through the normal red-yellow-white cable connection. Will probably plonk for a HDMI cable soon as they're pretty cheap so it'll look even nicer. The game controls pretty well, at least once you increase the y and x axis sensitivity, although as I'm coming off of the back of being a serial 360 FPS player to this it felt a little weird. I could still get the kills easily enough but it's just getting used to the controls. Perhaps I'll load up CoD4 and get used to them on there. Should then be a small shift to this when it comes out. But I will repeat an earlier problem I have with the controller and it is the stick placement. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it really did feel awkward especially for the running and when in cover.

Dont worry you'll get used to it.

Good quality HDMI are very cheap nowadays. If you have a up to date HDMI audio system then you need another HDMI wire.