Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Favourite Quotes

navarre

My favourite Matrix quote apart from those already said is this one ...

"Human beings are a disease... a cancer on this planet".

It often springs to mind when i think how much we've screwed up the Earth.

I also think about that quote every so often. It holds so much truth.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you see, you do understand, you do understand that this issue right here, of intellectual arrogance, is the reason why people like you have a difficult problem with people of faith. I don't communicate an air of superiority over the people because I know so much more, and if you only read the books I know, and if you only knew the scientists I knew, then you would be great like me. Well, sir, there could be many things that you know well. There are other things that you don't know well. As you age, you'll find yourself wrong on some things, right on some other things. But please, in the process of it, don't be arrogant.

Father Ted is, last I heard, currently serving jail time for buying crystal meth from a gay male prostitute he was 'employing'. Oh, the sweet irony... :indeed:

Father Ted is, last I heard, currently serving jail time for buying crystal meth from a gay male prostitute he was 'employing'. Oh, the sweet irony... :indeed:

Well, that's a rather hard thing to do beyond the grave.

And Tellyn, that gruesome first 24 quote actually kept me up last night.

It's that sick.

Here's a few I like.

*quotes*

See now I don't find that effective at all. Its all "rar rar rar, im big and macho and gonna pound ya to death!" This is much more my style:

VERONICA: You prank-call Mandy?

LENNY: What if I did?

VERONICA: Well, I want to congratulate you.

She holds out her hand.

VERONICA: Shake your hand.

They shake hands energetically. Beyond them, Mandy looks confused.

VERONICA: Congratulations! You've been named the world's biggest cockroach. This award is given in recognition of your unparalleled lack of decency and humanity. Bravo! You're gonna die friendless and alone.

Veronica turns away from him.

LENNY: Hey, everybody knows you're the biggest--

Veronica turns back to face him. By now, a fair sized crowd has gathered round to watch.

VERONICA: Shut up! If I want you to speak, I'll wave a snausage over your nose. If you use Mandy again to try to convince yourself that you're not a loser, I will ruin your life -- got it? [with feeling] You got it?

Go for the jugular.

It's the oldest story in the book. Boy meets girl. Boy wants girl to do dominatrix film. Girl says, "Naked?" Boy says, "Yeah." Girl says, "No way." Boy says, "Okay how about you just wear this rubber dress and beat this old guy with a scrub brush?" Girl says, "How hard?"

Makes me laugh everytime I see the episode. Kudos to whoever knows where it's from.

Makes me laugh everytime I see the episode. Kudos to whoever knows where it's from.

will and grace!

woo - only quote i recognise really in this thread apart from the veronica mars ones

Will & Grace.

hate u :P

"ive got my multiple personality seminar today and it takes forever to fill out the name tags"

(something alone those lines

niles crane in frasier :)

will and grace!

woo - only quote i recognise really in this thread apart from the veronica mars ones

Hehe, yeah (Kudos Ashley). I love that show so much, it has me in hysterics half the time I watch it. I mean, it would be nothing without Karen but still it's fantastic.

Karen: It's a cult, like the Moonies, or the homeless.

hate u :P

"ive got my multiple personality seminar today and it takes forever to fill out the name tags"

(something alone those lines

niles crane in frasier :)

hate you more! :p

I love the ones they do like that with his groups. I think another similar one is "I'm running late for my split personality patient. But no worries, if im late he can talk amongst himself."

VERONICA: Trust me, you don't want to date me. I'm a train wreck. Seriously. The-the first guy I ever loved just dropped off the face of the earth, probably because of something I said, and the last guy I dated turned out to be a drug dealer, and I just made out with my dead best friend's boyfriend, who, incidentally, I hate. So.

Ahh teenagers. Which reminds me of:

VERONICA: Please, let me. My boyfriend just fled the country with his dead ex-girlfriend’s baby. I need a project.

Who hasn't found themself saying that at some point? Oh and one final from Veronica: "You got a trophy for a rimjob?" lol.

Well, that's a rather hard thing to do beyond the grave.

And Tellyn, that gruesome first 24 quote actually kept me up last night.

It's that sick.

: peace:

See now I don't find that effective at all. Its all "rar rar rar, im big and macho and gonna pound ya to death!" This is much more my style:

When your wife and daughter have been kidnapped by a ruthless terrorist whose own wife and daughter was wiped out by yourself on a military mission several years ago, witty insults aren't really going to cut it. :indeed:

: peace:

When your wife and daughter have been kidnapped by a ruthless terrorist whose own wife and daughter was wiped out by yourself on a military mission several years ago, witty insults aren't really going to cut it. :indeed:

Well thankfully that never happens in real life.

But if I were in that situation I would use witty insults. Because i'm not exactly a good fighter.

Still. Maybe I just don't understand masculine shows...

KieferSutherland.jpg

(Designed by Sutherland himself)

Stumbled upon this while reading:

Now a narrative is a story, not logic, nor ethics, nor philosophy. It is a dream you keep having, whether you realize it or not. Just as surely as you breath, you go on ceaselessly dreaming your story. And in these stories you wear two faces. You are simultaneously subject and object. You are the whole and you are a part. You are real and you are shadow. "Storyteller" and at the same time "character". It is through such multilayering of roles in our stories that we heal the loneliness of being an isolated individual in the world."

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!