N-Europe

Heavy Rain

Daft

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn this game is a bit pricey. Think I will wait a bit before a I bite the bullet as I have spent enough money already this month.

no more so than normal games!

I've not read any of these reviews as want to totally avoid spoilers. I have however read Metacritic's extracts to gauge opinion and so far the game is everything I'm expecting and more demonstrating why I think I will fall in :heart: with it just like Farenheit.

Played the demo yesterday.

This game has gone from 'very interested' to 'must-buy' in my books. It's really great. The fighting is exciting (which surprised me, as it comes down to pressing the right buttons when they pop up) and the 'thoughts' are rather funny at times. Walking could have been more fluid, but that's nitpicking. I've never before been excited about being able to determine the speed in which I open a virtual cardoor... which is sad when you read it like that.

Things are looking bright for Heavy Rain! Pun half intended.

Edited by Strange Cookie

I was pleasantly surprised by the demo. I love how fights are essentially QTEs but with varied consequences for failure instead of just a game over screen. Will pick this up if I spot it at a reasonable price, will be nice for a game with a change of pace.

I was pleasantly surprised by the demo. I love how fights are essentially QTEs but with varied consequences for failure instead of just a game over screen. Will pick this up if I spot it at a reasonable price, will be nice for a game with a change of pace.

Cheapest I've seen it for is £35. They clearly expect this to sell quite well.

I was very impressed with the demo as well. It was definitely different. QTE's were well done, and much better than the 'do it a couple of times and memorise it until you get through it' kind. I'm really looking forward to getting it now. Only issues I had were with walking, which is a bit awkward (not major though) and during QTE's when you have to push the right stick in a certain way. Cos I'm doing it quickly I'm not getting it right (I'm basically spinning the stick rather than pressing 'down' and then circling it or whatever). I'll probably get used to a lot of the controls though the more I play.

Wasn't really impressed with the demo. Just random scenes with no meaning. No doubt the plot of the story will be more involving and will suck me into the world so that the scenes will make me want to play on, but the gameplay didn't impress me. Walking is particularly annoying.

Well I got an email from HMV, apparently its on its way

Me to :hehe:

Dear ADAM DUCKER,

Your order’s in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:

Qty Format Artist Title Price Estimated Delivery

1 HC PLAYSTATION 3 GAME HEAVY RAIN: SPECIAL EDITION: H £39.99 2-5 days

Although do HMV follow any business practices like Zavvi and say they've been posted when they havn't really?!