N-Europe

What's Your Salary?

Kirkatronics

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

This is pretty personal for some people...

Besides, your £1600/month will be before tax. Thats the kicker... so you'll probably be on around £1200 after tax/national insurance.

This is pretty personal for some people...

Besides, your £1600/month will be before tax. Thats the kicker... so you'll probably be on around £1200 after tax/national insurance.

Most of us are anonymous anyway on here, to many people anyway.

I got told about these so called "taxes", would i t actually make that much of a differene? :o

£47.50 a week. I heart the dole.

Not alot really, cant do much with it. Its you getting my taxes!

Jokes =]

Cripes, whats that job with that starting salary?

Distributor of electrical goods.

Cripes, whats that job with that starting salary?

You're kidding? It makes a fair difference. I get taxed £300 a month, and Im on significantly less than £19,200.

How are you paid? Hourly, or with a salary?

Probably just over £31k at the moment. Been doing a few big projects at the moment though and have been promised a bit of a rise in the Autumn.

I got told about these so called "taxes", would i t actually make that much of a differene? :oJokes =]

Haha, if only. I wish! :heh:

What bonus' are you, or would have been, entitled to?

Hahah, ;)

It would have been a percentage of my salary depending on my performance. (9 performance boxes, in a square, ranging from bottom left "more is expected" to top right "exceeding in all areas" or some shit.)

Worst box usually around 8%, middle boxes around 10% top boxes around 12%.

Hahah, ;)

It would have been a percentage of my salary depending on my performance. (9 performance boxes, in a square, ranging from bottom left "more is expected" to top right "exceeding in all areas" or some shit.)

Worst box usually around 8%, middle boxes around 10% top boxes around 12%.

Seriously, bad luck with the youtube thing. I think they were being too harsh, a warning would have sufficed.

Tax/NI calculator!

The taxman hurts, and so does the NI man, and so does the student loan man.

But the child tax credit man, and the child benefit man are nice and give me money!

After all my utility bills and mortgage and council tax and all that sort of stuff I have about £500 to play with per month. That's the important amount. Doesn't matter what your gross is if you're in negative after all the bills come off.

Tax/NI calculator!

The taxman hurts, and so does the NI man, and so does the student loan man.

But the child tax credit man, and the child benefit man are nice and give me money!

After all my utility bills and mortgage and council tax and all that sort of stuff I have about £500 to play with per month. That's the important amount. Doesn't matter what your gross is if you're in negative after all the bills come off.

Thanks, i thought it would be a bit worse with how you guys were saying. According to the calculator, i would earn £1,244.63

STILL ALOT IN TAX!

Thanks, i thought it would be a bit worse with how you guys were saying. According to the calculator, i would earn £1,244.63

STILL ALOT IN TAX!

I find it quite amusing that you did not realise this, everybody knows the taxman is a fucker, unless you earn so much less and don't get taxed.

Unfortunetly I have no income, no dole, although I used to be on about 200-300 a month and that was working 4 days a week ish I believe, it was a disgustingly low amount I got paid and I'm thankful I left.

1.6k is alot of money, by god I wish I had that to spare. :heh:

I find it quite amusing that you did not realise this, everybody knows the taxman is a fucker, unless you earn so much less and don't get taxed.

Unfortunetly I have no income, no dole, although I used to be on about 200-300 a month and that was working 4 days a week ish I believe, it was a disgustingly low amount I got paid and I'm thankful I left.

1.6k is alot of money, by god I wish I had that to spare. :heh:

I just thought taxes were considerably less, even though i have seen people complain loads.

Is this some kind of show off thread?

Yeah, basically, the next one will be "How big is your penis?"

I'm officially self-employed so I get paid the gross amount and then have to do the tax stuff myself at the end of the year.

Currently earning about £80 for 7 hours work a week, but how much I do changes from week to week, that's the maximum it'll be at the moment which therefore means I'm not going to be paying any tax on that at all come April 09. Wages will be going up in October when I complete another course and I'll be earning £98 a week for the same amount of work which means I'll still pay no tax on that.

Yeah, basically, the next one will be "How big is your penis?"

I'm officially self-employed so I get paid the gross amount and then have to do the tax stuff myself at the end of the year.

Currently earning about £80 for 7 hours work a week, but how much I do changes from week to week, that's the maximum it'll be at the moment which therefore means I'm not going to be paying any tax on that at all come April 09. Wages will be going up in October when I complete another course and I'll be earning £98 a week for the same amount of work which means I'll still pay no tax on that.

I wouldnt start a thread about that, id lose badly..

Is it good to be self employed, does it make you feel better knowing youre your own boss?

21k p/annum after tax but around 5k of that is tax credits for my 2 kids.

not bad really :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!