N-Europe

Should Scotland separate from the United Kingdom?

navarre

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a seperation's a stupid idea.

You need a certain amount of both independance and togetherness.

And although I believe this country needs more independance (kind of like like US states; and to split from the EU - controlling bastards), splitting isn't the answer; especially since our armed forces are one (Plus the U?K? flag would be far too white:heh:).

Well having recently left my home country to live down here with all these English people, I must say that I'm slightly less inclined to believe in Independence - incase my fellow Scots don't let me back in:heh:

But, I have to say that I think I had a better standard of living in Scotland and obviously there's more money to go around per person north of the border since there's only an 1/8 of the population, but I'm still not 100% sure either way. It all depends how my life pans out down here I suppose. If England shafts me then I'm moving home and closing the border:)

hum, i dont think scotland should be made independant, hell we've all seen braveheart.

plus, if scotland invades, im a geordie, the first line of defence. whilst id relish the opertunity to use a sword, im fairly certain my best chance would be to fix up hadriens wall and wait for heart dissease to do the work for me.

racist steriotypes asside, i dont think scotland should become independant. whilst they have a decent economy, they might not be so firm on their own feet, though i recon the rest of the uk would feel the burn too.

unrelated but true: try and say anything threatening in a welsh accent. the my name is maximus....line from gladiator makes me laugh when done in welsh.

I'm not too bothered either way really. Although the British Empire should be growing, not diminishing. lol.

totaly. i recon just this forum (were mostly uk, plus a few allies) could take some were like morroco by force, use that as a base for europe. actualy invading the netherlands would be easy, theyd probly not care.

back on topic, why exactly do scotland want to be independant? they already have their own laws and parlament.

lol, I was going to do what charlie did and quote you two. I quite like the idea of having north/south/west ~land. perhaps WESland or something, to unite us more? At the moment we do view each other as strangely different.

As for independance; big plate of lols and chips, please.

Guest Stefkov
totaly. i recon just this forum (were mostly uk, plus a few allies) could take some were like morroco by force, use that as a base for europe. actualy invading the netherlands would be easy, theyd probly not care.

back on topic, why exactly do scotland want to be independant? they already have their own laws and parlament.

Love the idea.

Why? I just thought with sport. If Murray does good he's British, if he does bad he's Scottish.

Maybe because Scotland is a country the extremist want to not be thought of the place attached to England?

Don't know why they think that if they do. Wales were totally forgotten on a picture of the British Isles some time ago.

There is nothing to do this late at night, coming in this thread was my last intention.

Im totally against it. But cornwall can sod off we really dont need them.

As for the oil i think most of it is neither scottish or UK oil. Most of it is more than 11 or 12 miles off the coast so its no ones oil. It just comes ashore in scotland.

Love the idea.

Why? I just thought with sport. If Murray does good he's British, if he does bad he's Scottish.

Maybe because Scotland is a country the extremist want to not be thought of the place attached to England?

Don't know why they think that if they do. Wales were totally forgotten on a picture of the British Isles some time ago.

There is nothing to do this late at night, coming in this thread was my last intention.

Yes but watch any American programme and somebody from Scotland is Scottish, but somebody from England is British.

Not that it matters because half of them don't know what/where either of the countries are.

Guest Jordan

As an Englishman living in a part of Scotland, I know we heavily benefit from money from the English treasury... getting rid of them would be utter financial suicide.

it's still legal to kill a scot within the city walls of york with a bow and arrow!

anyhoo on topic, I'd prefer to stay part of the UK.

One note of caution however, to anyone of Scottish origin - apparently, it is technically still legal to shoot a Scotsman in York, but only if you spot him within the town walls after dark on a Sunday, your weapon of choice is a bow-and-arrow, and you shoot from horseback! Similar laws once applied to Welshmen spotted in Chester, Hereford and Shrewsbury.

Source: Some website which I closed before I copied the URL

lol, I was going to do what charlie did and quote you two. I quite like the idea of having north/south/west ~land. perhaps WESland or something, to unite us more? At the moment we do view each other as strangely different.

As for independance; big plate of lols and chips, please.

When the Union first came about 300 years ago Scotland was called "North Britain" and England "South Britain". The name "South Britain" sort of stuck for a while but "North Britain" never did and after a while (probably when a King died) they changed it back to Scotland and England.

Im totally against it. But cornwall can sod off we really dont need them.

Are you joking? Cornwall hosts some of the best beaches in the world, up there and even beyond the very best Australian and Thai beaches. Cornwall's coast is beautiful, I'm sorry- if you deny it, your errenous.

Yes but watch any American programme and somebody from Scotland is Scottish, but somebody from England is British.

Not that it matters because half of them don't know what/where either of the countries are.

Either that or everyone is just English.

Or sometimes;

Guy on XBL: "Where you from?"

Me: "Britain"

Guy: "Woah, Britain? Thats like, near the UK right?"

:indeed::heh:

Are you joking? Cornwall hosts some of the best beaches in the world, up there and even beyond the very best Australian and Thai beaches. Cornwall's coast is beautiful, I'm sorry- if you deny it, your errenous.

I dont deny it. But i just think there campaign for independance is comical (yes it is very small and not like the scotish question). I think it would be comical to let them have independance and see how long it lasted. As apart from tourism Cornwall does not have a great deal.

My point was for the comedy value. And in reality i could do without good beaches, personally.