Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

It's back (again)!!

welsh_gamer

But this time, for good! :bowdown::bowdown:

_44887599_wispa_pa226bd.jpg

The Wispa bar is to make a full comeback following a successful campaign on social networking websites.

Birmingham-based Cadbury sold 20 million of the bars when it brought the brand back for a seven-week limited run trial in 2007.

It had bowed to public pressure after a popular campaign on the Facebook and MySpace websites.

Cadbury spokesperson Tony Bilsborough said: "Wispa is a true icon loved by its fans everywhere."

He added: "We brought it back temporarily to see if the desire was genuine, but fans are still rallying so we took the decision to bring it back for good.

"We know others have looked at Wispa and tried to copy its success by bringing back other brands, but we don't believe anyone has managed to recreate the same excitement."

The bar will return to permanent sale on 6 October and cost 45p. It originally cost 16p when it was introduced in 1981.

Television adverts for the bubbly-centred bar featured Yes Minister's Paul Eddington and Nigel Hawthorne, Victoria Wood and Julie Walters and Hi-De-Hi's Simon Cadell and Ruth Madoc.

It was taken out of production in 2003 after sales fell in the 1990s.

Source

Isn't there technically a Wispa anyway? It's called 'Dairy Milk with bubbles' or something.
never underestimate the importance and power of brand awareness.

That thing is a different shape, has larger bubbles, and I think the chocolate is slightly richer. (i.e. has more milk in it)

i wonder if they are going to bring back whispa gold too.

I would seriously have multiple orgasms if they brought back Wispa Gold.

I think the real news is that an online petition has been succesful.

Seriously Im pretty stunned.

It was probably more to do with the facebook group, or the trial period last year. (All 20million bars sold out in 6 weeks. They expected it to last a couple of months.)