NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
navarre

I'm 10% Dutch, 14% Welsh and 0.5% Iranian...

Aren't you all just British?

100% Portuguese.

Sousa! I hate that! The Americans say it all the time. Britain is the Union of states including Scotland, Wales and England.

100% pure-bread Scottish; my mum is Scottish and my dad is Scottish, therefore i am Scottish. Simple as that.

Sousa! I hate that! The Americans say it all the time. Britain is the Union of states including Scotland, Wales and England.

Wales isn't part of the union at all. It would be on the flag if it was right? maybe i'm just confused.

I guess for them is even more confusing, as they're a union just like you and don't differentiate between themselves. I'm sorry if it offended anyone but how many years are needed for cultural unification?

Well I'm not too sure about my father's side of the family, but as far as I'm aware, (yep you've guessed it!) I'm 100% Welsh, born and bred.

100% pure-bread Scottish; my mum is Scottish and my dad is Scottish, therefore i am Scottish. Simple as that.

Wales isn't part of the union at all. It would be on the flag if it was right? maybe i'm just confused.

Wales isn't included on the Union Flag for two reasons:

1) It was annexed by England and forced to be recognized under the English flag.

2) Wales' flag would look awful, and would potentially ruin what is a very fine flag.

I guess for them is even more confusing, as they're a union just like you and don't differentiate between themselves. I'm sorry if it offended anyone but how many years are needed for cultural unification?

I'm English ,yet totally happy to classify myself as British. If I was signing a form, I would usually put 'British' under nationality, other than 'English'. I'm also more than happy to call the Scottish British too when they win a sporting event.

I dunno what the hell I am, I've been trying to work it out most of my life, haha!

Ok, here are some things to throw into the mix.

I was born in Wales, and have lived here most of my life, until about 3 years ago, where I moved to Brighton.

My real Mother is Pakistani. My real Dad was born to a white woman from Manchester, and a Pakistani...from Pakistani.

My Dad's Mother has some French and Irish Blood in here, as her Dad was Irish and her Mum was part French.

So, that would make me...at least 3/4 Asian, with about 1/8th English...and then some Irish and French there too maybe?

I don't know. Help.

Well, at least you're not boring...

About the Wales flag: Screw you! We have, by the far, the coolest flag out of the whole of the United Kingdom/British Isles/Ireland, whatever.

Its a dragon. A motherfucking dragon! How can you get more awesome than that?

About the Wales flag: Screw you! We have, by the far, the coolest flag out of the whole of the United Kingdom/British Isles/Ireland, whatever.

Think of the poor company that would have to sow that flag. Not a job I'd want.

It's bitch to draw accurately, though... :indeed:

I'm whatever the hell I say I am, patriotism will get you no where in life.

Going by where my family come from, I'm 75% English, 25% Scottish.

agreed, though the england flag is a st george the DRAGON SLAYERS cross.

is it more bad ass to be a dragon, or the clothes of a dragon slayer?

any way, i will always love the welsh flag as it was an easy point in a pub quiz. how many of the dragons feet are on the ground in the welsh flag? according to the welsh flag over the bar, 3.

Our flag is pretty darn cool (not keen on the colours myself though) but still a dragon would look silly on the Union Jack. Then again, I suppose they could make it intresting and try and incorporate it into a 'Where's Wally" style game if it was ever placed there :heh:

Actually he was a butcher in Constantinople who sold the Roman army some meat which had gone off and gave them all food poisoning.

Dragon slaying is more dramatic, mind you.

I'm 100% English. Strangly enough both my mum and dads sides of the family originated in Suffolk, ending up in Nottinghamshire.

Think of the poor company that would have to sow that flag. Not a job I'd want.

Sucks to be them. :heh:

It's bitch to draw accurately, though... :indeed:

Well, I don't think they had tracing in mind when they create it. ;)

is it more bad ass to be a dragon, or the clothes of a dragon slayer?

any way, i will always love the welsh flag as it was an easy point in a pub quiz. how many of the dragons feet are on the ground in the welsh flag? according to the welsh flag over the bar, 3.

He was a dragon slayer, yes. But, he never slayed our dragon. Harold Shipman killed lots of people, but that didn't mean he could anyone. His victims were targetted. I think our good old Dragon would have had your English sucka for breakfast. :heh:

Well in terms of my family tree I think I'm 50% Scottish, 25% Northern Irish and 25% German (as far as my grandparents, meaning those are the countries I could play international football for, but not taking into account anything further than that)

But if asked directly I'd just say "Scottish".

I'm roughly 3/8 Scottish, 3/8 Irish, and 2/8 English. My dad could probably tell you more precisely; he's traced the family back for like 7 generations or something like that.

I was born in Germany though. And my mum's great great great grandmother was french (she tells me now).

I'm 100% British. Dislike of America, dislike of France, dislike of Scotland... I've got the full works.

How can you be 100% british and dislike Scottish!? That means you dislike some of your own nationality right?

...anywhoo!

I'm 100% Irish.

Also: I think the Irish flag is a great one incorporating the history of our island and cenuries of strife is a simple, elegant but emotive tricolour.

Green represents the Catholic south

White represents the peace that our island has so longed and struggled for, and finally achieved, between both religions.

Orange represents the Protestant North.

Simple.

How can you be 100% british and dislike Scottish!? That means you dislike some of your own nationality right?

...anywhoo!

I'm 100% Irish.

I did think that too now that you mention it.

My passport says I'm English/British so I can't really say otherwise.

If we're talking parents and whatnot then I'm...¾ Ukrainian and a ¼ Italian.

50% Nigerian

50% Egyptian

But what does that matter when you're born and raised in England? Well, apart from the obvious fact theres a lot more chocolate on my face than most here. :p

50% Nigerian

50% Egyptian

But what does that matter when you're born and raised in England? Well, apart from the obvious fact theres a lot more chocolate on my face than most here. :p

Chocolate's gooood. :)

Chocolate's gooood. :)

: peace:

Say that in a place like Harlem, NY and watch how your street cred rises to 100%. :)

Sign in to follow this